Music | News | News Clips

Ain't Nobody

Sweetbrown

DJ Corey Craig takes this week's viral news report and mashes it with a dance classic.

Watch and listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Here's the video, if you missed it:

Comments

1. This got my body movin' and dat's all I care about.

NOTAFAN: Ain't nobody got time fo dis.

Posted by: Marc C | Apr 21, 2012 10:12:14 AM

2. With all due respect, classism is a far bigger and more real issue and problem in our society and others than racism. If you have the 'correct' accent, the 'correct' look [doesn't matter the race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, etc. just the look], went to the 'correct' schools, have the 'correct' background, etc., you have a considerable advantage over others who don't, no matter if those others are just as intelligent and 'smart' as you are.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 21, 2012 10:43:04 AM

3. Hello Y'all! Thank you for all the positive comments. I am glad you are doing what was intended.... ENJOYING THE MUSICAL MEME! I am a black Nuclear Oncology pharmacist (Turned DJ/Producer) living in NYC. I was born and raised in Oklahoma City and Sweet Brown just reminded me of home. I created this mash up as a tongue in cheek tribute to her (And Chaka). As for all this Oscar worthy outrage and caste buffonery....I just checked my watch and nope.... GOT NO TIME FOR DAT! #FartAndRelaxAlready

Posted by: DJC2 | Apr 21, 2012 12:17:50 PM

4. Sweet Brown was thoroughly enjoying herself the whole time, and gives off an energy and charisma that only someone of her life story can. Why is it a bad thing to get this on camera and enjoy it? Her perspective on the apartment fire is priceless. There is a quality about this that white folks, esp. middle class sadiddy white folks, could never ever replicate and thanks be to God for it. She reminds of a line from Fr. Faber's excellent hymn, "There is no place where earth's failings are such kindly judgment given..."

Posted by: Clint | Apr 21, 2012 12:23:29 PM

5. She is so adorable. I wish she lived next door to me. I'd always have some cold pop for her on hand when visited.

Posted by: Tralfaz | Apr 21, 2012 12:25:27 PM

6. Sweet Brown's adorable. I just want to pick her up and put her in my pocket.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Apr 22, 2012 4:53:10 AM