Dominic Dieter | News | Radio

BigGayDeal.com

Cleveland DJ Dominic Dieter Apologizes for Telling Man He Should Have His Possibly-Gay Daughter Raped Straight

Over the weekend, Brandon posted about Cleveland WMMS Radio personality Dominic Dieter and his advice to a man who discovered his daughter kissing another girl that he "get one of [his] friends to screw [his] daughter straight."

DieterThis morning, Dieter apologized:

"I just wanted to say that, I know on the show this past Friday I made some comments that people found…..  considered to be offensive.  And I just wanted to say, I understand why people are angry.  I want to genuinely apologize to anyone who may have been offended by what I said.  I regret what I did say.  My comments were inappropriate.  They were inexcusable, and just downright stupid.   And I want to make it clear; there was absolutely no intention to promote physical or sexual violence.  And I’m truly; truly sorry by my poor choice of words that led people to believe otherwise.  Again, Rover… I just want to apologize for any pain I might have caused. (...)  I ask people to find it in their hearts to forgive me.  I am sorry for the words that I did say. "

WMMS told GLAAD it is disciplining Dieter but hasn't specified the punishment. The station says it will also run PSAs "about the dangers of parental rejection, and the importance of giving LGBT young people a safe learning environment."

Comments

1. Can someone please tell me how his original comment is related to rape?

Posted by: Emily | May 1, 2012 9:41:40 AM

2. And I'm sorry for his mother.

Posted by: DeeVee | May 1, 2012 10:44:31 AM

3. I'm so tired of public figures having to apologize for things they say, all of a sudden its a crime to have an opinion that everybody else doesn't agree with. All these people that are mad about it.........it seems like they prefer entertainment from the 40's, where basically nothing funny was allowed, you couldnt even say the word "pregnant" on tv. Entertainment takes a step forward and these little whiners force it two steps back

Posted by: Steve | May 1, 2012 12:26:07 PM

4. The door is open for your exit.

Posted by: Monrob | May 1, 2012 2:07:06 PM

5. How is this inappropriate. Grow some thicker skin people and stop taking offense to everything in life. He was obviously joking. It's his job to be outrageous like that. It's why we listen. The pussification of America is out of control. Toughen up or shut up.

Posted by: Coach | May 2, 2012 11:05:25 PM

6. People need to contact Clear Channel and get this guy off the air because if he did it once, he will do it again. Here's their information:
    Corporate Snail Mail Address: