David Archuleta | Mormon | News

BigGayDeal.com

Elder Archuleta Makes His Debut

Elderarchuleta

The Mormon Tabernacle Choir has a new voice. (via rickey.org)

Previously...
So Long, David Archuleta [tlrd]

Comments

1. Would you please stop posting about this guy? He is not gay, he is not a supporter of the gay community and he - clearly - is deeply involved with one of the most anti-gay orgs in the world - what's the matter with you? Why on earth would you ask us to laud this hater? Stop it! Who cares what he does?!

Posted by: Gary | Apr 2, 2012 4:45:02 PM

2. I've flown to Sao Paulo numerous times and seems I'm always in line with these cuties in their suits and black nameplates at immigration. I just never bothered to discuss what they are until I saw this photo and said to myself "I know these dudes!"

Posted by: MarkUs | Apr 2, 2012 5:04:21 PM

3. I wish him to...abandon those freaks like it happen to about 33% of the elders that go in a mission. Sorry but I'm not religious and beleiving that a farmer found the third part of the Bible in his backyard and as the broadway show says "In 1978 God change is mind about black people" it just ridiculous.

Posted by: Luke | Apr 2, 2012 5:04:48 PM

4. reply to other commenters
    A--he is GAY, GAY, GAY, even if his Dad and his religion make him deny it
    B- the purpose of the "mission" is to immerse the young men in pushing the church 24/7, getting rejected over and over, and only thinking mormon during the years they should be learning how to think for themselves.
    C-- the REASON all this stuff about D A is all over the net-- MORMON PUBLICITY MACHINE, watch out for them, they are trying to finally be "normal" and get Romnent elected, so they can CONTROL YOUR MORALS, AS GOD TOLD THEM TO DO (barf)

Posted by: Bob | Apr 2, 2012 5:48:34 PM

5. There seems to be this idea amongst queer, questioning, and closeted Mormons that the points they score with their god for going on a mission help outweigh the gay sex. Maybe their chances of gaining entrance into one of their heavens increase. Any "Returned Missionaries" want to weigh in?

Posted by: spraypaintedgold | Apr 2, 2012 7:05:45 PM

6. One word: Brainwashed.

I hope that they do more good things to help people than just proselytize.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Apr 2, 2012 7:35:39 PM

7. As long as he is doing what he wants, I see no problem with this. What concerns me is that he is doing this to please others and if that is the case, this breaks my heart. He always seems like the type to please others more than making himself happy. I blame that mentality on his over-bearing father. I hope he finds the strength to one day stand on his own and be proud of who he is...and for who he is to become.

Posted by: Bobby | Apr 2, 2012 9:13:53 PM

8. I wanted David Archuleta to win Idol in 2008, only because he was a better singer than the eventual winner David Cook. Now, I can't stand either one: Mr. Cook for starting the "White Guy With Guitar" streak that will likely continue this year and into the future because a heterosexual white male with a guitar is the only person that matters in the twisted world of American Idol, and Mr. Archuleta for being too damn squeaky clean Mormon, which is another thing that Idol (and reality television in general) LOVES. Just once, I'd like to see a Mormon on reality TV who ISN'T squeaky clean and prim and proper. Or someone from Utah who ISN'T a Mormon. Either one works for me.

Posted by: Alex Sarmiento | Apr 3, 2012 12:23:19 AM

9. I'm trilled he's going to do his mission - mostly because it's two years when he can't make any more horrible (so-called) music. Prosletizing is a grievous no-no in my religion, so it's hard to even say that, but dear god, it's better getting doors slammed in his face than killing innocent brains with that drek he outs out.

Posted by: Tarc | Apr 3, 2012 10:57:52 AM

10. Seeing the coverage of this reminds me of looking at old press clippings and issues of Life magazine when Elvis was drafted into the army...

Posted by: Jack | Apr 3, 2012 11:52:03 AM

11. He's such a little cutey. Makes me sad.

Posted by: Chuckie888 | Apr 7, 2012 12:05:48 PM

12. In case anyone is interested, David's Philippines album Forevermore is now on iTunes. Check it out.

Posted by: Anjo | Apr 19, 2012 11:27:26 AM

13. It might not be a popular idea, but it makes sense. Will definitely come back for more of this

Posted by: Benjamin | Apr 19, 2012 10:47:02 PM

14. There are so many closeted Mormon kids like him. I find the above picture to be sad also. Totally devoid of joy.

His family has tried to argue that David does not support the church's beliefs about gay people. However, David is guilty by association unless he makes a public stand.

Posted by: Linda | Apr 25, 2012 4:47:45 AM

15. PS The comments about his overbearing father are no longer correct. That relationship was pretty much sevored within the past months.

Posted by: Linda | Apr 25, 2012 5:51:40 AM

16. Just wait! There is no importance about if David is a man or not. The gist of the matter is that God created a man and a woman and He blessed them as a family in marriage. People's mind can change, but this reality isn't going to change, because It is an eternal truth.

I know it, and I appreciate all the God's children. I love him, and I love you. Nevertheless I can't change this reality.

Sincerely!