Bryan Fischer | CNN | Kyra Phillips | Log Cabin Republicans | Mitt Romney | News | Republican Party | Richard Grenell

BigGayDeal.com

Hate Group Leader and Log Cabin Republican Face Off Over Gay Romney Spokesman: VIDEO

Fischercnn

American Family Association radio host and hate group leader Bryan Fischer, who has launched an all-out assault on Richard Grenell, Romney's new out gay conservative spokesman, appeared on CNN today with Log Cabin Republican Executive Director R. Clarke Cooper, Think Progress reports.

Fischer was asked to explain his campaign against Grenell, and was pushed into a corner by Kyra Phillips, who reminded Fischer that Grenell was also spokesman for UN ambassador John Bolton, whom Fischer praised as having done a "great job."

Argued Fischer: "Well, the point here is that personnel is policy. Everybody in D.C. says that. Personnel is policy. When Governor Romney picks somebody who is an activist homosexual and puts him in a prominent position, he’s sending a shout out, it seems to me, to the homosexual lobby."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Grenell is the exact opposite of an activist-homosexual. He's a do-nothing-at-all homosexual. a neutered "please walk all over me, i love being a doormat" homosexual.

Romney picked this dunderhead in order to appear as if he's not still anti-gay. Which is like hiring a black maid to prove you're not racist.

This should send a wake-up call to Gay Conservatives: even when you don't do jack s**t for LGBT equality, you're still the enemy, simply by existing. So you might as well grow a pair and fight - youll be targeted anyway, might as well make yourselves useful.

Posted by: ratbastard | Apr 24, 2012 12:52:22 PM

2. @ratbastard - if there were a "LIKE" button next to your comment, i'd click it.

Posted by: Ben | Apr 24, 2012 1:03:40 PM

3. that was actually me. making a point about transparency ;-)

ratbastard is accusing me of commenting as him on some other thread. whomever's doing it, if it aint his own crazy ass, it aint me.

i rather like people knowing it's me when i talk. :D

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 24, 2012 1:06:51 PM

4. Although the above poster calls himself "Ratbastard" he sounds an awful lot more like another famous Towleroad poster. The analogy between gay Republicans and blacks working for racists is one sign. But the advice to "grow a pair" kind of gives him away. Soon this fake "Ratbastard" will start writing "truly" (with a small t) in his posts and tell the rest of us to die in car crashes, put out heads in an oven, etc....

A poor attempt at posing as someone else. Writing styles are very hard to fake.

Posted by: mary | Apr 24, 2012 1:07:38 PM

5. The most disgusting party to this is CNN: why on earth is CNN hiring a hate group leader to discuss this hire?

A hate group leader!

Is CNN going to invite the grand wizard of the Ku Klux Klan to 'debate' Obama's performance next?

Posted by: Strepsi | Apr 24, 2012 1:07:56 PM

6. I think Ratbastard makes some good points.

I also think Fischer stomped all over his own arguement in that quote. If RG was good at his job before, then maybe the personnel policy is to hire qualified people.

Not that I would buy Romney or any other Rethuglican as a meritocrat, the GOP and conservatives are far more collectivist than the Dems ever were.

Posted by: M | Apr 24, 2012 1:08:08 PM

7. it wasn't ratbastard. it was ME. click the name. he's accusing me of commenting as him on other threads.

sockpuppets with anonymous handles be trollin'.

the interesting thing about this story is simply that for too long we have had gay conservatives blaming "gay leftist liberals" for the homophobia in culture and the divide between conservatives and gays. well, here we have it - a gay conservatives who hasn't done a damn thing for the LGBT Community who is attacked....for being gay. let this be the wakeup call.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 24, 2012 1:14:24 PM

8. Surprising that Fischer would willingly out himself as a bisexual like that.

Posted by: MDK | Apr 24, 2012 1:17:08 PM

9. Sorry, Kiwi. I didn't know you were trying to prove a point. I should have considered this a possibility. This one was OBVIOUSLY you, the other one I wasn't sure of. And I was getting ready to defend you on the other thread because I know that you and Ratbastard have had it out about the race factor in the past. At the same time I didn't want to see you unfairly accused.

I mean what if you would ever leave Towleroad? Who else could be so eloquent when telling me to off myself?

But I have to admit it has been hilarious hearing other posters refer to you as "Little Canadian," and "Little Weewee" and (my personal favorite) "Little Chihuahua!" No doubt you've enjoyed others calling me "senile" (at 51,...huh?) and "old bag."

Posted by: mary | Apr 24, 2012 1:21:09 PM

10. This an idiot convention of two hate groups, one gay and one not. Nothing more.

Posted by: Jacques Rosas | Apr 24, 2012 1:22:34 PM

11. i don't mind people taking online potshots at me. i have a pretty darn amazing life. if i had their lives, and then saw someone with mine, i'd likely be miserably jealous, too. if laughing at me gives them a moment's respite from the own lives, that's lovely.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 24, 2012 1:27:58 PM

12. "then along comes the "Mary" alter-ego to elevate things to another level of Sybil-ian nonsense."

"Along comes Mary?" That was a hit song by the Association in 1967. Check it out, it's good. You can ask the moderators of Towleroad if I'm real or an alias of Rick, Jason, whoever it is, etc..... My last name is contained in my email handle and I actually live in the same city as Brandon Thorp.

By the way, Kiwi, I notice that the message I left on your blog comments secion (the one where I say that you and your guy look good together and tell you that I'm working on trying to reduce my homophobia) is still here. Why did you leave it there if I'm a fictional person or you're so angry with me?

Sock puppet, indeed!

Posted by: mary | Apr 24, 2012 1:34:49 PM

13. Exposure is good, Strepsi. I welcome people dismantling the old lies of the Christian conservatives for all to see. We already know how ridiculous they are, how baseless their scare tactics are, and how dirty they're willing to play to win. Now let's let everyone know. Don't silence them. Give them all megaphones. Inform every last person who will vote this November that the AFA commercials, NARTH blogs, and NOM advertisements contain no genuine information or anything that could be used in a court of law. They're phony scum. Tell the world.

Posted by: kpo5 | Apr 24, 2012 1:41:17 PM

14. They must be so conflicted! On the one hand, he's a degenerate homosexual, but on the other hand he's a vocal misogynist! Shun? Embrace? What to do?!

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Apr 24, 2012 1:50:24 PM

15. Oh! Look! CNN has a fringe wing nut on with an opinion! This is their news! Thank God, we needed more corrosion in the world!

Posted by: 99% | Apr 24, 2012 1:56:42 PM

16. Good! I have more respect for the afa than for gay republicans

Posted by: rick scatorum | Apr 24, 2012 1:57:03 PM

17. Little ball of hatred cannot keep track of his handles. What? Too challenging?

Posted by: AG | Apr 24, 2012 2:08:25 PM

18. Romney goes out of his way to avoid making points, so BF is certainly wrong here. Probably almost all republican spokesmen in DC are gay anyway.

Posted by: anon | Apr 24, 2012 2:09:19 PM

19. Shouldn't one of the regular posters pop up right about now to tell us Grenell isn't masculine enough? Just in case he does, the problem is Grenell is a misogynist idiot. Now cue Rick.

Oh BTW - LittleKiwi, I checked out your blog - yay you!

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Apr 24, 2012 2:23:56 PM

20. I am just trying to imagine what it would have looked like if a Republican nominee in the 70's had hired a gay spokesman. I can't begin to imagine what would have happened. It is too extreme even for me.
    You've come a long way, baby!

Posted by: NullNaught | Apr 24, 2012 3:28:13 PM

21. The list of reasons I would never vote for Romney for dogcatcher or anything else is quite long. But it hadn't occurred to me that he is not Mormon enough.

Posted by: melvin | Apr 24, 2012 4:07:29 PM

22. "The homosexual lobby"? I went to the homosexual lobby once -- there was a package waiting for me there with the doorman.

Posted by: kit | Apr 24, 2012 5:06:56 PM

23. *mary, this song made me think of you, especially at around 2:23 - then along comes mary...

Posted by: BHG | Apr 24, 2012 5:13:45 PM

24. Its really funny to me that homosexuals use the term "hate group leader" to describe Bryan simply because he is opposed to your lifestyle. I guess if there are enough dolts out there who actually would buy into that nonsense, it makes your cause worthwhile. Here's another thought though - have a honest discussion without defaming the party in opposition to your lifestyle. Personally I think homosexuality is not natural sexual behavior, but that does not mean I hate homosexuals. I simply just don't share your idea of normal. Last I checked this is the USA and I am entitled to my opinion and entitled to voice said opinion. Free speech is not a one way street, it can't only work in your favor to advance your agenda - I believe as such it would be propaganda.

Posted by: Medugu | Apr 24, 2012 6:14:25 PM

25. Its really funny to me that homosexuals use the term "hate group leader" to describe Bryan simply because he is opposed to your lifestyle. I guess if there are enough dolts out there who actually would buy into that nonsense, it makes your cause worthwhile. Here's another thought though - have a honest discussion without defaming the party in opposition to your lifestyle. Personally I think homosexuality is not natural sexual behavior, but that does not mean I hate homosexuals. I simply just don't share your idea of normal. Last I checked this is the USA and I am entitled to my opinion and entitled to voice said opinion. Free speech is not a one way street, it can't only work in your favor to advance your agenda - I believe as such it would be propaganda.

Posted by: Medugu | Apr 24, 2012 6:16:35 PM