Gay Marriage | News | North Carolina

NOM Coalition Releases North Carolina Ad Urging Protection of Biblical 'God-Created' Marriage: VIDEO

Formarriagenc

Vote for NC Marriage, the group consisting of the Christian Action League, NC Values Coalition, a coalition of African American pastors, NC Baptists, and the National Organization for Marriage (NOM), has released its first ad urging voters to approve Amendment One in North Carolina.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

If you missed the new ads urging opposition to Amendment One, you can watch them HERE.

Comments

1. to Derrick's point, as long as the elected officials aren't running on campaigns of anti-gay prejudice, then why the intense gripe?

truly. the GOP is the party whose leaders are running the "i hate gays more than you do!" competition, and the GOP is a predominantly white-supported political party.

who started the fire?

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 24, 2012 5:25:06 PM

2. @NULLNAUGHT, speaking of people who should "open their eyes to how they have been manipulated," the campaign against gay rights is purely religious bigotry. It has nothing to do with race. Separating out black religious people for their own special attention is just a cynical statistics trick. It dupes those people who want to believe it because it confirms their racist world view.

What's really shockingly discouraging is that you still fell for this trick even though NOM _documented_ this as their strategy and those documents were widely reported and discussed for several days. You must really _really_ want a racist explanation that says that while religious people in general may act on their religious beliefs, _black_ religious people act on their skin color.

Posted by: JJ | Apr 24, 2012 5:31:41 PM

3. Thank you so much. I appreciate this greatly. I felt really bad when I understood (wrongly) that I was stabbed in the back by other liberals after prop. 8. I have been so angry, I have been truly blind. Talk about opening my eyes and seeing how I have been manipulated.
    I am touched that, in spite of the level of ignorance I have been showing on this particular issue, you all have been responding like genltlemen.
    Thank you especially, Littlekiwi, because when you argue politely, you are very very good at what you do. As long as I have been out, I have been a liberal big on everyone's civil rights. This is probably an angry reaction to my loathesome racist parents who had no shame. I have felt absolutely sick over what I misperceived to be a personal betrayal. I was sick over what had happened. I was sick with myself over how I felt. Sick is the right word. It unbalanced me. Thank you personally for letting me feel better about my fellow liberals again.
    I can't learn if I don't display my ignorance as politely as I can (point out where I'm rude and I will apologize - really)and learn from the reactions of those better informed than myself.
    Because I was very ready to change and you all have been talking to me respectfully, you have allowed me to.
    I still have racist attitudes. You can not grow up with parents like mine and not be kinda f*cked up for life. But with your help, I shall continue to learn.
    Thank you to Andy and the gang; this is life altering for me.
    I should have done this a long time ago.

Posted by: NullNaught | Apr 24, 2012 6:25:12 PM

4. hugs and love and light. :-)

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 24, 2012 6:44:22 PM

5. There is no god created marriage in that vile book, the bible. Abraham and many of the leaders of the Israelites had many wives and concubines. A father often sold his daughter for a profit. A man got a woman by whatever means took her to his tent and f**ked her and they were married. The Catholic church tells us that jesus "raised marriage to the dignity of a sacrament". All the gospel tells us is that jesus went to the marriage feast of Canna and when they ran out of wine his mother pestered him so he changed a lot of water into very good wine. Thats it!

Posted by: jack | Apr 24, 2012 6:53:49 PM

6. Maybe the gay community could take a page from NOM and include some black people in the media.

Posted by: James | Apr 24, 2012 8:42:19 PM

7. Nullnaught, you've got my vote. First you give up a divisive internet handle (H8STR8TS), then you show a degree of humilty and gratitude that is rarely seen anywhere (including among church people), and then your biggest achievement of all. You actually get Little Kiwi to respond with "hugs and love and light!"

This last achievement shows that Nullnaught is probably wasting his time on Towleroad. Anyone who could disolve Little Kiwi's hostility should be negotiating peace between the Arabs and Israelis.

Werk. (and one day I may even learn what this word means!)

Posted by: mary | Apr 24, 2012 9:37:27 PM