Food and Drink | New York | News

It's Wine and Cheese Time: VIDEO

Foodies

Join Sid and Randy as they embark on an epicurean adventure in NYC.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. oh good I see myself too much in this...

Posted by: sam | Apr 23, 2012 9:52:31 PM

2. *oh god*

Posted by: sam | Apr 23, 2012 9:53:01 PM

3. "My drunk kitchen" is much funnier.

Posted by: Michael | Apr 23, 2012 9:55:34 PM

4. Sid is hot, but is it just me, or are these guys wearing some makeup?

Posted by: tomjck22112 | Apr 23, 2012 10:38:35 PM

5. OK, these guys are doing TOO MUCH for me. Too many jokes came to mind while watching it.

"This is the GOP gay base right? These are the staff members of GOProud, right?"

Posted by: johnoshaon | Apr 23, 2012 11:30:24 PM

6. http://www.datebi.com is a site for bisexual and bicurious singles and friends.Here you can find hundreds of thousands of open-minded singles & couples looking to explore their bisexuality.I am also a member there under the username "lilygreen123".sign up for free.Come in and discover the excitement you deserve! ^_^

Posted by: sylina | Apr 23, 2012 11:56:59 PM

7. These guys need to get a life that isn't embarrassing.

Posted by: UFFDA | Apr 24, 2012 12:33:29 AM

8. All the Gay men I know are like those two. Yes they are girl friend.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Apr 24, 2012 1:55:24 AM

9. I would very much like to comment on these two persons, but I don't know if it would be worth the bashing that I would likely get from some of the pathetic, queenish trolls around here...

Posted by: TANK | Apr 24, 2012 5:19:39 AM

10. I feel the need to point out all the restaurants they name are something real foodies would have talked about maybe 5-10 years ago. If you're going to be pretentious, do it right.

Posted by: anon | Apr 24, 2012 9:20:44 AM

11. That's my building, and you're not allowed to bring glass on the roof!

Posted by: Aaron | Apr 24, 2012 10:02:20 AM

12. @TANK - I love how your comment starts off subtle then goes full on passive aggressive at the end. My tween cousin couldn't have done a better job. Props for that.
    -- Seriously, just enjoy the videos, or don't - but try not to bash the "queenish trolls" cuz you just end up sounding like one yourself.

Posted by: Hugh | Apr 24, 2012 10:18:30 AM

13. I'd agree with ANON on that one.. foodies (or Eaters as some of us prefer) havent talked about most of those places in years. Seemed kind of like a sad copy of "Did you read?" from Portlandia

Posted by: hightemp | Apr 24, 2012 11:30:39 AM

14. I hate to (have to) be the one to point out the bleeding obvious, but this is a comic web series that MOCKS "foodies." Whether you think it's funny or not is subjective. So yes they're probably wearing makeup because that's what ACTORS do and the restaurants they talk about aren't current because they're not really foodies.

Sheesh!

Personally I thought The Onion clip of Ted Allen appearing on their fake morning show to promote his fake new book "Pretentious Foodie Bull****" was more direct, to the point, and funnier. But this has its moments too, with the two of them competing to be the most obnoxious with their "foodie" preciousness.

BTW, if you want to read a great example of Pretentious Foodie BS check out this restaurant review which goes into hyperbolic paroxysms about over-prepared dished that would fit into a thimble. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2012/04/22/FDCR1NT0MC.DTL

Posted by: Caliban | Apr 24, 2012 1:09:47 PM

15. @TANK: That's SOOOOoo Tank.

Posted by: RandySF | Apr 24, 2012 2:04:02 PM

16. well, nice videos. A glass of wine.. I haven't drank it for a long time.. I'm waiting a special event for this.. :)

Posted by: hotels in london | May 22, 2012 1:41:59 AM