BigGayDeal.com

News: Tupac Shakur, Orange County, Mark Salling, Spokane

RoadHow gay couples get screwed on tax day.

RoadNYT Room for Debate: Is support for gay rights still controversial?

ShakurRoadTupac hologram may go on tour.

RoadJose Canseco: Global warming could have saved Titanic!

RoadOrange County vice principal who ejected gay student from pageant after saying he hoped to get married one day is removed from campus: "Vice Principal Joe Abell was assigned to Fullerton Joint Union School District offices as administrators continue to assess the incident, Superintendent George Giokaris said."

RoadAnn Romney: Seamus loved riding on the top of the car. “He would see that crate and, you know, he would, like, go crazy because he was going with us on vacation."

RoadSignorile: Gay panic at the White House.

RoadCatholics protest Castro Theatre screening of documentary about Terrance McNally's play Corpus Christi: "I strongly protest against the showing of the blasphemous play Corpus Christi,which includes a Christ-like figure who reportedly has sexual relations with his apostles, and of the movie which promotes it, Corpus Christi: Playing with Redemption. The Person of Jesus Christ is Sacred and untouchable. To portray Him as a homosexual, or even to insinuate it, is an unspeakable blasphemy which I reject with all my soul."

RoadEmile Hirsch mugs for his own camera at Coachella.

UrbanoutfittersRoadOne Million Moms in uproar about women kissing in Urban Outfitters catalog (even though the company is owned by a right-winger).

RoadSurvey: Approximately 20% of gay men in Taiwan have attempted suicide. "About 30 per cent have considered taking their own lives, and of these 18 per cent have actually tried to kill themselves, according to the survey sponsored by Gender/Sexuality Rights Association of Taiwan and other groups."

RoadGay teen who attempted suicide recovering in Ohio.

RoadWilliams Institute: Transgender voters disenfranchised by voter ID laws. "Over 25,000 transgender American citizens may face stiff barriers to voting in the November 2012 election, according to the report 'The Potential Impact of Voter Identification Laws on Transgender Voters,' released last week by the Williams Institute at UCLA’s law school. This is, by any measure, the portion of the electorate that is among the most marginalized and stigmatized, and hence probably most in need of the right to have a say in who governs their lives. But discussions on both sides of voter ID laws tend to leave out transgender citizens in discussions about who would be most adversely impacted."

RoadNOM's 'Dump Starbucks' campaign is a flop internationally, too.

SallingRoadNo-hawk: Mark Salling Blained-out on the Glee set.

RoadPat Robertson pushes "ex-gay" reparative therapy for woman's lesbian daughter.

RoadGrace, the black lab who stood by her dead companion on the highway, has been adopted.

RoadNew international trailer for Spider-man released.

RoadNessun Dorma, a film by Ronald Genato.

RoadPortions of the surface of Mars are made of glass.

RoadSpokane City Council overflows at debate over resolution supporting Washington's marriage equality law: "About 70 people had testified by around 10 p.m., when City Council President Ben Stuckart announced everyone who signed up had spoken. He asked if anyone else wanted to speak and a couple dozen raised their hands, extending testimony late into the night. Early testimony was dominated by opponents of gay marriage. Later testimony tilted heavily in support."

Comments

1. "Ann Romney: My gay sons loved learning about ex-gay treatments. They would see where we were taking them and, you know, they would, like, go crazy because they were still going to get their own planet when they pass on to the next life."

great. thanks.

in other news, Corpus Christi is a terrific and important work, and one that resonates. Mel Gibson's "Jesus Chainsaw Massacre' should be more offensive to these "Christians."

and when it comes to "both sides" of the gay rights debates, the reality that the opposing side has only baseless bigoted nonsense to fall back on is going to make this whole part of history a very embarrassing and lasting legacy for the descendants of the people currently standing in the way of Equality.

it's easy for people today to disassociate from the anti-Integrationists who may have been a part of their families....but in this digital age? all of it's recorded. these people are leaving legacies of complete shame and humiliation for their future generations.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 17, 2012 3:54:25 PM

2. The black lab who stood by her dead companion on the highway has been reunited with her family. Her real name is Maggie.

Posted by: Hotter Perry | Apr 17, 2012 4:02:35 PM

3. Heeey Nessun Dorma got mentioned! Thanks Mr. Andy! I'm a friend of the director and I'm sure he'll be ecstatic to hear about this.

Posted by: Winston | Apr 17, 2012 4:22:20 PM

4. He`s looks like real... !Cool!

Posted by: dissertation | Apr 17, 2012 4:22:39 PM

5. Ann Romney, maybe your dog Seamus always went crazy when he saw the crate, not because he liked it, but because he was in a panic he'd have to get in it again and ride on the top of the car. He may have been pleading with you not to do it to him.

Posted by: trees | Apr 17, 2012 4:42:47 PM

6. I'm completely perplexed by the liberals' obsession with Mitt Romney's dog, Seamus. Are you even aware that several decades ago people could travel in the back of a truck across the country? WITHOUT seat belts. Never bothered to read On The Road? And some people indeed rode on the roofs of railway cars. And most of them were not hurt by this experience. It wasn't just in the movies. But now we're supposed to be outraged that a dog rode on the roof of a station wagon in a proper crate. It was like 30 years ago. Back then even Romney wasn't so filthy rich to be able to afford a personal jet for a vacation with his wife, five sons, and a dog.

You liberals are so clueless about history that you don't realize how much poorer people were in this country just several decades ago, without the safety and quality standards that we take for granted today. Next you will feign outrage that neither of Romney's sons was in a child seat in that car.

Posted by: AG | Apr 17, 2012 5:17:54 PM

7. @Nessun Dorma - Wow that looked great - I want to see more!

Posted by: happyday | Apr 17, 2012 5:25:22 PM

8. Every time I stop talking about liberals I remember that my conservative parents are ashamed that I'm gay.

Posted by: AG | Apr 17, 2012 5:40:37 PM

9. As usual I have to resort to ad hominem attacks because I'm not smart enough to make substantive arguments.

Posted by: TWO-TRICK PONY KIWI | Apr 17, 2012 5:46:50 PM

10. I think the problem with the dog is the speed that the car was traveling. In days past the top speed would have been about a tolerable 30 to 35.

The Mars glass thing is interesting, but here on Earth we call it sand. Volcanic glass sands are found in Iceland and Hawai'i.

Posted by: anon | Apr 17, 2012 5:48:04 PM

11. @AG: You are an idiot. The dog started crapping down the side of the car during the 12-hour drive because he was scared out of his mind. They should have left it at home if he couldn't fit in the car. I have four brothers, and my parents would never have done that to a pet on a family trip. No decent human would.

And by the way, the Romneys have always had plenty of money. Do you know anything about Mitt's father? I didn't think so. He left Mitt quite a lot.

How long ago do you think this was, exactly? You make it sound like a family vacation 70 years ago. It was not. It was in the 1980s. How old do you think Mitt and his kids are? You're clearly wrong.

Oh, and guess what? They've had laws on car seats for kids for quite a while. We damn liberals didn't come up with those. It was people whose kids had died.

Posted by: Paul R | Apr 17, 2012 5:49:53 PM

12. Check out the substantive argument we gay conservatives make, over at gaypatriot.net

You stupid liberals will never understand that we gay conservatives are so much better than you. All we have to do is hate liberals and our families stop hitting us, and sometimes it helps to hate blacks, too. Too bad you leftists haven't figured out that you'll be tolerated for being gay as long as you do what your conservative family says.

Posted by: AG | Apr 17, 2012 5:55:52 PM

13. @AG Firstly this little event with Seamus happened in 1983 not ancient times. It's believed that Mitt Romney was breaking Massachusett's law at that time.

Secondly, this story was originally bought out by conservatives & ridiculed by conservatives & used by conservatives when Mitt Romney was running for president several years ago. So now saying it's a Liberal story, makes you seem a little bit dumb & misinformed.

As far as I know, Americans, not just liberals, are obsessed with their pets & their dogs. There was a national obsession over the Michael Vick dog fighting fiasco & everyone had to have their pound of flesh over that one & people have still not forgiven him.

So I see this reaction over Mitt & his Seamus as typical Americana--you know flag pins, chanting USA & we love our dogs, so you'd think you'd get into this one really strong. Oh right, you can't because your candidate's the one that's done something dumb.

The correct thing to do, say in retrospect, maybe I'd have done things differently, like put the luggage on top of the car & keep the dog inside. Instead, we have Saint Ann not only being a model homemaker but now showcasing her new abilities to speak to & for animals.

I think it's a tempest in a teapot. I mean I find PETA a deranged organization. It's still amusing to see conservatives ties themselves up in knots trying to defend borderline animal cruelty.

Posted by: sara | Apr 17, 2012 5:56:57 PM

14. The other day I rode my motorcycle on a highway at 75 mph. If I had a passenger behind me, how would it be any different than having a dog on the car roof? Obviously the dog is not in control of the car, but neither is the passenger.

I understand that Romney's dog traveled like that many times. So, one day he had a stomach problem.

Posted by: AG | Apr 17, 2012 6:16:58 PM

15. Re: brou-ha-ha over Castro's screening of Corpus Christi doc, one man's blasphemy is another man's art. And it's nice to remind the Catholics that we're still living in a secular society in America, at least for the time being. Their Jesus didn't have sex, but maybe mine did.

Posted by: jim | Apr 17, 2012 7:36:02 PM

16. http://www.datebi.com is a site for bisexual and bicurious singles and friends.Here you can find hundreds of thousands of open-minded singles & couples looking to explore their bisexuality.

Posted by: yoyo | Apr 17, 2012 10:38:11 PM

17. So, are you aware that Barack Obama ate dog meat when he lived in Indonesia? I bet Seamus prefered riding on the roof of Romney's car to lying on Obama's plate.

Posted by: AG | Apr 17, 2012 11:32:35 PM

18. AG - yep, I rode in the back of a pick-up truck as a kid. Sometimes, for more than a hundred miles. Fun at first; then boring, and uncomfortable, and cold.

I had a dog that loved riding with her head out the window. Even better, the sunroof. People driving alongside would smile at her joy.

But then I grew up. I realized that as an adult, I had responsibilities. I understood that learning is a life-long process. I learned that unrestrained children can become projectiles in an accident, or even if one has to stop suddenly. I learned that projectiles from the road can take an eye out of a pet. I've seen dogs in the back of trucks jump out at intersections and almost get run over. I've seen dogs jump out of trucks on the freeway as the vehicle was traveling at freeway speed, no accident, no stop; it wasn't pretty.

I stopped letting my dog stick her head out; she got over it. She lived until the age of 16. I wouldn't let my dog, much less my child, ride in the back of a pick-up truck.

I like being a Liberal. I like learning. I like education. I appreciate that just because we have always done something a certain way, it doesn't mean there isn't a better way.

I like not being you.

Posted by: TJ | Apr 17, 2012 11:40:00 PM

19. AG - A person could tap on your shoulder and scream in your ear that they needed to use a restroom. That person could also scream in your ear that 75 mph is a reckless speed on a motorcycle. Just ask my brother. He's been in a wheelchair from a motorcycle accident for over 30 years. Being a paraplegic for over 30 years isn't a picnic. And each year just gets worse and worse.

Posted by: TJ | Apr 17, 2012 11:49:21 PM

20. For someone who grew up relatively well off, there really is a lot of hillbilly to Romney (likely another source of his obvious inability to "be himself"). Does anyone else remember that video his camp put out in 2008 of him driving a tractor with a toddler balanced precariously on one knee? Break out the frickin' banjos, Mittens is just an older, penised Britney Spears.

And, on a happier subject, I have never spent more time watching a holographic crotch bouncing across a stage in my life. But I still hope never to do it again.

Posted by: Mark | Apr 18, 2012 2:17:00 AM

21. I suppose Ann thinks that Blacks were happy sitting in the back of the buses too.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 18, 2012 7:46:13 AM

22. @AG - Let's go for a ride...

Posted by: Mike F | Apr 18, 2012 5:25:20 PM