Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | News | Rosie O'Donnell

Rosie O'Donnell Chews Out a Street Preacher: VIDEO

Rosie

A video reportedly recorded at the Super Bowl of Rosie O'Donnell confronting an evangelical street preacher who calls her a "lesbian pig" and "an ungodly wicked woman on [her] way to hell" is getting some renewed attention after being circulated on social media sites.

After the preacher tells her to "go home and do the dishes" Rosie tells the hater, "I'm gonna go home and f**k my wife."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Dammit Rosie, every time I've decided to dislike your crass ass you do something like this! Yes, it ain't classy, but it's supremely sassy. Love sassy lesbians. They will win this war for us, I tell you.

Say what you want about what her daughter might get from this, the most important thing she'll learn is that a woman should always stand up for herself.

Posted by: Winston | Apr 16, 2012 3:08:43 PM

2. word, that was f***ing awesome. ROCK ON, RO!

:D

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 16, 2012 3:13:44 PM

3. I can't believe that creep was spewing garbage like that in front of Rosie's daughter, a small child. Wait, I CAN believe he did, I am just aghast that he did so.

PS I think if you're going to engage a guy like that, go after his sexual bona fides -- quote the survey that most homophobes are gay-leaning. It will drive him nuts.

Posted by: Terry | Apr 16, 2012 3:14:12 PM

4. LOVE. IT. i probably wouldve said "make love to" instead of the f-bomb in front of my child/others' children...but, hey, i feel like that's a quibble given the high-octane emotion of the situation.

Posted by: redball | Apr 16, 2012 3:15:36 PM

5. I don't think that will have any effect, Terry. Conservatives think studies and science are just liberal inventions.

Posted by: Winston | Apr 16, 2012 3:16:33 PM

6. or try to ask an anti-gay bigot where and how God is OK with heterosexual bl*wj*bs.

remember that scene in Annie Hall where Woody brings out Marshall Mcluhan to correct that guy in the line-up? i want the jeebus-version of that!

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 16, 2012 3:23:18 PM

7. While I do not like Rosie and I think she is a bit brash sometimes, this was perfect. I am appalled at the preacher for saying those things in front of her children! I don't like that he said them at all, but saying them with little ears around...just not right.

Posted by: Joshua | Apr 16, 2012 3:25:20 PM

8. This is why I've always loved Rosie.

Posted by: Symon | Apr 16, 2012 3:43:39 PM

9. IMO, Rosie didn't say enough. She should've chewed him a new one.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 16, 2012 4:26:54 PM

10. I love that this evangelical preacher showed his true colors.

Bible-based, organized religion is intrinsically evil and anathema to human relationship. It divisively sets one group against another, in the name of "God", "Jesus", and ultimately seeks to replace the fear of death with superstitious nonsense as a palliative.

Posted by: Oliver | Apr 16, 2012 4:32:59 PM

11. there's a reason that street-preachers never proclaim the lines of scripture that talk about love, compassion, understanding, grace, etc.... and that reason is that The Men In Control know damn well that fear is a stronger catalyst for gaining oppression over the weak than love.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Apr 16, 2012 4:54:10 PM

12. I need Rick to comment on this.

Posted by: Winston | Apr 16, 2012 5:31:10 PM

13. Call me old fashioned, but there's something to be said about a mother who tells someone.........anyone, that she's "going home
    to F*&K my wife" in front of her 10 yr old daughter. While many
    feel she should be put on a pedestal, I think she should be ashamed or herself. She should have thought of her daughter first before she reacted. Trash.....plain and simple.

Posted by: John | Apr 16, 2012 5:57:33 PM

14. The entire bible is a collection of ancient myths, made up history and a collection of "biographical" info on jahweh, the god created by the Israelites that make the life stories of Mao, Hitler, Stalin, PolPot et al look like the lives of boy scouts by comparison. Throw that vile book on the trash heap of history where it belongs.

Posted by: jack | Apr 16, 2012 6:05:19 PM

15. Right on Littlekiwi.

Have you ever noticed those like the Phelps never use the word Jesus in their talking points or on their signs. They know perfectly well they can't say Jesus hates F-gs.

So they avoid the name Jesus like the plague.

Posted by: Steve Pardue | Apr 16, 2012 6:19:17 PM

16. Way to go Ro!

Posted by: Thomas | Apr 16, 2012 6:29:45 PM

17. This is more of the same idiot! Be sure to tell him what you think and to flag his videos under "Promtoing Hatred or Violence":
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xDFiwZbz-4

Posted by: DJB | Apr 16, 2012 6:43:36 PM

18. Y'know, John, until you've had someone single you out in a crowd and disparage you for your sexual orientation, with a microphone and loudspeaker...well, you just really ought to keep your judgemental opinions to yourself. I'm not entirely thrilled with her word choice either, but it's nothing compared to the disgusting and harrassing attack on her.

Posted by: jim | Apr 16, 2012 7:01:46 PM

19. I've never been a Rosie fan, but I'll side with her on this one. Most people don't like anyone of another religion trying to convert them, so street preachers already have one strike against them. But there's a way to reach out to people and calling someone a "lesbian pig" is not how you do it. That "preacher" must have known that all he would do was induce Rosie to get angry and lose her cool (and this may have been what he really was after.) Yeah, there was a more dignified way she could have handled it. But when a stranger on the street calls you a pig you can be forgiven for losing your analytical skills and responding emotionally.

Preaching, yes. Insulting people on the street? No way.

Posted by: Mary | Apr 16, 2012 7:08:31 PM

20. You go Rosie. Don't mess with that Irish gal.

Posted by: jack | Apr 16, 2012 7:21:30 PM

21. "Love sassy lesbians. They will win this war for us, I tell you."

You mean because gay men cannot do their own fighting for themselves and are weak and timid compared to lesbians?

"after the "lesbian pig" dig, i thought she might pivot back around and f&cking punch his ignorant ass out!"

So you would expect a lesbian to throw a punch in that situation, but not a gay man (including yourself)?

"She should've chewed him a new one"

Would you have said the same thing if this were a gay man being confronted by the same guy?

Posted by: Rick | Apr 16, 2012 7:52:39 PM

22. And on your left we have Maggie Gallagher, anti-gay fatso full-time loser. And on your right the favored champion Rosie O' big mouth donnell. May the best maid win. Ding.

Oh God wouldn't that be fun to watch!

Posted by: uffda | Apr 16, 2012 8:20:04 PM

23. @ Winston: You had to go and say its name, didn't you? See 4/16/12, 7:52:39pm...

Charming as ever...

Posted by: Rich F. | Apr 16, 2012 9:36:31 PM

24. He exemplify's the hate that the religious right has towards anyone who is not part of thier cult and it's hateful ways. Burn in hell preacher!

Posted by: Seaguy | Apr 16, 2012 9:37:41 PM

25. The typical child in the United States sees thousands of acts of violence, usually murder, depicted on television, movie screens, and video games every year. I don't think hearing her mom say what Rosie said is going to harm her, hell, just the opposite.

Posted by: Eric | Apr 16, 2012 9:55:17 PM