2012 Election | Howard Stern | News | Rachel Maddow

BigGayDeal.com

Howard Stern Asks Rachel Maddow About Putting Out for a Man: VIDEO

Maddow

Rachel Maddow made an appearance last week on The Howard Stern show to talk about her new book Drift: The Unmooring of American Military Power. Stern also asked her about the Republican presidential nominees, and being a lesbian. Maddow told Stern that before she came out she was dating a "thuggish" kind of guy that her parents didn't really warm up to until she started coming out as a lesbian and then they were suddenly all about him.

Watch that clip and the full program, AFTER THE JUMP...

Stern also asked Maddow whether she had ever experienced “insertion from a man.”

Said Maddow: "I'm never going to tell you that."

Stern also asked  if she gets angry "when [she sees] guys like Rick Santorum so happy to bash gays and gay marriage, talk about how they're sinning" and "Michele Bachmann is running around with her husband saying, 'We've got to convert gay people.'”

Replied Maddow: “The comfort that I take in that is that they look ridiculous...They really look like...they look like a living embarrassing artifact of a way that people used to think.”

Here's the full show:

Comments

1. I am not in a position to ban anyone. I can only ally myself with a person or not. The use of the word faggot or queer to identify a gay person disqualifies a person permanently from allying with me. I will not have them.
    The homophobe expressed his hatred for years and now that is an embarrasement to him. He is trying to take it back because it is hurting his bottom line. He is trying to make a buck off his support for us now that he can't make a buck attacking us. It is all about the bottom line with him. I don't believe anything he has said in support of the gay community now that his abuse works no more is at all sincere. He already showed how he really feels. And you are an apologist for homophobia.

Posted by: H8Str8s | Apr 2, 2012 8:18:07 PM

2. @Menyc
    You find a fellow gay horrific and a homophobic maggot is just fine with you.
    Have you got your priorities backwards or what?

Posted by: H8Str8s | Apr 2, 2012 8:33:05 PM

3. I listen to Stern religiously, and I was ecstatic that Rachel Maddow chose to appear on his show. Both are strong advocates for the LGBT community, and their on-air discussion was refreshing and honest. Both are smart, informed, and funny. Great radio. Howard Stern has more than proved he is an ally. Too bad some around here refuse to acknowledge that. At least listen to his show once in a while before criticizing him.

Posted by: slcsmasher | Apr 2, 2012 8:48:30 PM

4. I am sure he is an advocate now that it costs him money not to be. I have not questioned weather he says those things. I don't need to hear it myself as I have stipulated it already. I say these things aren't sincere because he used the word faggot. He is a homophobe. I don't forgive any homophobe anywhere ever. Especially one who has a financial motive to appear gay friendly. If he were a sincere ally he would have been saying those gay positive things when it would cost him money to do so, instead of now when he is trying to save his show.
    I don't believe him at all.

Posted by: H8Str8s | Apr 2, 2012 9:05:12 PM

5. Also, you have an example above of Howard Stern's interview technique and you call him smart? Isn't revoltingly adolescent closer to the mark?

Posted by: H8Str8s | Apr 2, 2012 9:39:29 PM

6. @H8Str8s

From one fag to another, lighten up Francis. There are better hills to die on.

Posted by: MichiganExpat | Apr 3, 2012 1:24:27 AM

7. Howard Stern is a PIG. Like may straight guys he thrills at the idea of lesbian sex. Many of his earlier shows were of lesbians foolishly fulfilling his male heterosexual fantasies. I don't want an ally like him. We can do better.

Posted by: jack | Apr 3, 2012 10:33:42 AM

8. As I have said before I have listen to Stern for 15 years and he is very pro-gay. He frequently has gay guest on his show. Supports gay marriage, was adamantly agaisnst Don't Ask Don't Tell and rails against Santorum for his views on gays. He has an openly gay staff member. People have a problem with how they perceive he delivers his message, and probably aren't listeners to his show. Other people don't care for his adult humor and choose to be against him.

What Howard's detractors should consider is he reaches a wide audience including a very straight macho audience that may not be aware or very tolerant of gay issues. Other pro-gay celebrities don't have that reach. People need to see the big picture: Howard acts as educator an advocate to that audience.

Posted by: markatlarge | Apr 3, 2012 12:33:47 PM

9. He and Rachel clearly has a marvelous time together.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Apr 3, 2012 2:04:26 PM

10. Sad angry people. Howard Stern is marvelous, smart and thoughtful. You are the bigot. I am sorry that you are not able to move past your anger. I would get a checkup soon. Cancer is certainly in your future.

Posted by: Richard Fox | Apr 23, 2012 2:57:28 PM

11. i happen to be straight and ive read the commments that have been left and i thing its nuts someone could hate stern for hate speech when there own screen name shows that they are just as hateful as anyone. maddow is awesome and im sure she would be the first to speak out agaist hating an entire group of people you dont know

Posted by: gary | Feb 11, 2013 10:03:04 AM