Jesus Christ | News | Tim Tebow

BigGayDeal.com

Texas Megachurch Expects 30,000 for Tim Tebow Easter Sermon

TebowThe hot Christianist ticket this weekend:

The church told local TV station KVUE that it’s erecting bleachers on its 60-acre outdoor space for what it expects to be a crowd of as many as 30,000 people.

“Obviously it’s our Super Bowl,” said Joe Champion, pastor at the Celebration Church. “Easter is the resurrection of Christ, which we celebrate in our faith. We feel like it’s going to be a testimony to the community. We want it to be a family event.”

Tebow recently got a mani-pedi (first time I’ve ever typed that phrase) to get himself ready for the festivities, but Pastor Champion wants to make clear that it’s not all about glorifying Tebow.

Comments

1. @Brandt Hardin

I saw that episode of South Park too!

Posted by: Caliban | Apr 7, 2012 5:54:04 PM

2. McKay: are you joking and I just don't get it. There are a whole lot of gay guys who look more like Larry Bird than Cristiano Ronaldo.

Posted by: jack | Apr 7, 2012 6:04:32 PM

3. "Tebow recently got a mani-pedi..."

What the hell, is he going to preach in a robe and sandals? These bible thumpers act like this kid is the second coming because he puts scripture versus in his football payer eye makeup? Spare me!

Posted by: Dale | Apr 7, 2012 6:34:59 PM

4. I am unlucky enough to say that this church is in my town. I am dreading the fact that I will even be within 10 miles of Tim Tebow.

Posted by: Andrew | Apr 7, 2012 6:36:04 PM

5. SIXTY ACRES??? WTF? Please tell me how ANY church needs 60 acres?? For what its worth, Celebration Church is one of those "be seen" churches for all the "have's" who don't have a clue how much hate they spew.

Tebow? Such a fool. These people will suck him in and use him to stack coin in their "pay up" plates - which I am told they pass around TWICE! I guess they allow a little guilt to settle in before they go for round two! :) And once he falls out of grace with the NHL and media focus, his star power will fade. That church will be done with him.

Celebration Church = BYC (bring your cash). That, my friend, is the only "joy" they know.

Posted by: Mark | Apr 7, 2012 8:57:49 PM

6. Sorry....Meant NFL, not the hockey boys.

Posted by: Mark | Apr 7, 2012 8:59:21 PM

7. who spends more than 2 seconds wondering about a celebrity's sexuality?

no, seriously, 2 seconds is the reasonable maximum of time considering these things

then just let it go, mk?

Posted by: gomez | Apr 8, 2012 1:02:04 AM

8. How do I know Tebow is gay? Two years ago I read an article where he said he didn't date women due to his morals.

Biblical morality makes no such request.

Btw, you guys who are saying I think he's gay because he's cute are pathetic. There have been rumored galore about him being gay in Gainesville and the recent video of him flaming out just adds to it.

Maybe some of you are too dim witted but his morality is just some lame excuse people eat up.

Posted by: Michael | Apr 8, 2012 1:28:16 AM

9. Btw2, Tebow just happens to be hanging out getting a manicure in the gayest place on the west coast.

Some of really aren't that ignorantly blind, right?

Posted by: Michael | Apr 8, 2012 1:31:11 AM

10. This homo hopes that earth quakes in Texas and swallows up these Evangelical Christian hate group members and the closet case doing the preaching.

Posted by: Kevin thor | Apr 8, 2012 8:07:43 AM

11. He and Mike Tyson should voice Alvin and the Chipmunks movies together.

Posted by: anon | Apr 8, 2012 11:37:52 AM

12. Kevin: To wish the death of others is a hateful thing. Are you a hater? Really are you? Or is this internet rhetoric?

Posted by: jack | Apr 9, 2012 11:38:06 AM

13. listening to him in interviews he comes across totally fem. I think the saving himself for the right woman is bull. No normal heterosexual red blooded prof football player is going to be a virgin at that age. I dont think he likes women and sooner or later he will be on the extreme down low. I would guess he d be a bottom as well. The evangelical spin is obnoxious and a turnoff.Can you imagine how screwed up mentally he would be? Despite the bod and the face, not interested.

Posted by: rocky | May 25, 2012 9:08:13 PM