Dance | Film | News

Dance, Gay Romance: VIDEO

Dance2

Writer/director Alan Brown is looking for some post-production financing on his film Five Dances, which "follows the rocky emotional journey of an 18-year old dancer (the amazing Ryan Steele) with talent to burn, who must choose between his responsibility to his broken family in the Midwest, and forging a life and career for himself."

Check out the trailer, AFTER THE JUMP...

You may recall Brown's previous effort, Private Romeo, which is a gay retelling of Romeo and Juliet set in a military academy.

Dance1

Comments

1. TOO much drama.

BORING.

Posted by: Alan | May 18, 2012 12:04:45 PM

2. Hopefully they'll get money for the post-production. Parts of it look very good. These stories are important even today, when we read too often about the guys who feel they have no future when realsing they are gays.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 18, 2012 12:17:26 PM

3. I am TOTALLY looking forward to this film. I have loved Alan Brown's other projects and this trailer looks fantastic. Ryan Steele, who is totally wonderful on Broadway in the musical Newsies, will be great in this film.

Posted by: Tim Miller | May 18, 2012 12:24:24 PM

4. i, for one, think that this looks like a beautiful movie... i wish i was in a financial place to help!!

Posted by: Billy | May 18, 2012 12:46:47 PM

5. ALAN - you nailed it dude. How about The Life and Times of a Dishrag, or the award wining: Harvey Milk's Socks. Spellbinding.

Posted by: UFFDA | May 18, 2012 12:50:43 PM

6. This is a wonderful movie with an awesome cast, worthy of support. Read more about it on the FB page:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Five-Dances/260599354013365

And support the film on Kickstarter!:

Posted by: Mark Benjamin | May 18, 2012 1:04:05 PM

7. looks good! I saw Ryan dance and he is an amazing performer. i think we should support indie films like this one!

Posted by: Chuck | May 18, 2012 1:04:51 PM

8. Looks good. People who aren't tweeking probably won't find it boring.

Posted by: Daniel | May 18, 2012 1:10:38 PM

9. Alan and Uffda. You poor, bitter jaded people. Go somewhere else and spread your bitterness. Why not move your comentary to www.bitchycuntyqueen.com. I hear they need more member input.

Posted by: pdxblueyes | May 18, 2012 1:58:39 PM

10. Ryan Steele may have talent to burn in the dancing department. Acting, not so much.

Posted by: Jacques | May 18, 2012 1:59:58 PM

11. It looks sweet. I will go see it with a half-dozen of my posse.

Posted by: Tom LBCC | May 19, 2012 1:18:24 AM

12. Hey guys, cut Ry some slack. This is his first ever film role. He scored the role due to his dance talent & looks.He could stand to be a lil bit more "out" in real life than he is but that might break the hearts of the many fan-girls who swoon over him nightly @Newsies.

Posted by: mike flower | May 19, 2012 5:13:49 AM

13. Hey PDX...I'm mocking ALAN for God's sake. Get a clue. This film looks terrific!

Posted by: UFFDA | May 19, 2012 6:21:02 AM

14. "Private Romeo" was one of the ballsiest, craziest, riskiest films I'd seen in years, let alone one of the best-ever Shakespeare adaptations. It convinced me that the director has gobs of talent and is unafraid to go way out on a limb, which is what artists should do. This looks like it's going to solidify him as a filmmaker to watch. (He also clearly has an eye for beautiful, talented young actors.)

Posted by: Dback | May 19, 2012 5:26:25 PM

15. What DBack said...

"Private Romeo" startled me. I was expecting something cheesy with gratuitous shower scenes, and it ended up being lots more artistic and true to Shakespeare than I anticipated. I'm definitely looking forward to this one!

Posted by: SC David | Dec 3, 2012 1:50:34 PM

16. I would see Ryan Steele in anything. His dancing is jaw-dropping, and he has charisma to burn. Why are people talking about his acting, when they haven't seen the film? Based on this trailer, he looks to be a fine actor.

Posted by: Paul Mendenhall | Feb 7, 2013 6:00:17 PM