Lip Dub | News

Call Me Gaybe: VIDEO

Gaybe

Proof that it's possible for gay shirtless dancing twinks to be happy in the suburbs.

Bonus points for the ass coda - wait for it.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. adorably cute.

Posted by: lotusmoon | May 18, 2012 9:45:39 AM

2. God damn, sometimes I wish I grew up with this generation. They are so much more open about gay sexuality and I'm pretty sure most of these boys are straight.

And I can only imagine what the neighbors thought when they were out filming this. Hilarious.

Posted by: B-rod | May 18, 2012 9:53:14 AM

3. So many comments on You Tube say these guys are str8. Cute boys having fun, yes. Str8? Not a chance.

Posted by: RWG | May 18, 2012 9:58:55 AM

4. I don't know, RWG. They could be straight. This is so over-the-top stereotypical it could be a parody of gay boys.

Posted by: Bakeley | May 18, 2012 10:06:01 AM

5. No doubt they are str8, but sexuality is all just shades of grey... a few beers and... ;)

Posted by: Dave | May 18, 2012 10:07:32 AM

6. Cute boys - every one of them. Wonder what all the neighbors thought about this? haha

Posted by: Adam Mathias | May 18, 2012 10:08:10 AM

7. Today's young guys sexuality is much wider than before. They aren't afraid of touching, hugging, even kissing one another. They might be straight, perhaps bi. Times have changed and it is very good.
    (This means so bad for cons and reps.)

Posted by: Matt26 | May 18, 2012 10:08:47 AM

8. They're babies. I want a MAN not a little BOY with no hair on his chest.

Posted by: Alan | May 18, 2012 10:15:23 AM

9. I bet a couple are gay or bisexual, but probably not all.

A recent study and a book out by Mark McCormack actually discusses how the current generation of teens' "decreased homophobia results in the expansion of gendered behaviors available to young men".

“Yet this accessible book goes beyond documenting this important shift in attitudes towards homosexuality: McCormack examines how decreased homophobia results in the expansion of gendered behaviors available to young men. In the schools he examines, boys are able to develop meaningful and loving friendships across many social groups. They replace toughness and aggression with emotional intimacy and displays of affection for their male friends. Free from the constant threat of social marginalization, boys are able to speak about once feminized activities without censure.”

The study is done in the UK (I know, more accepting than middle/southern America) but I believe that, especially in more liberal areas, this is a changing trend here at home. We still have a long way to go, but progress is happening! I wish I had been going to high school in these times...and not just because of the dancing boys. ;^)

Posted by: DRG | May 18, 2012 10:27:46 AM

10. It almost makes me wish I were 20 again.

Almost.

Posted by: Ben in Oakland | May 18, 2012 10:28:02 AM

11. Very cute . . . though we've seen better choreography and lip synching in other versions. :-)

Posted by: Alan | May 18, 2012 10:50:11 AM

12. This looks like it will be a hit at the Rpubs convention. Look who is taking over the burbs!

Posted by: Michael | May 18, 2012 10:53:29 AM

13. GAY!!

Posted by: Robert | May 18, 2012 11:01:16 AM

14. So tired of the video portrayals of gay dudes as effeminate, girly lightweights.

Posted by: Malcolm | May 18, 2012 11:14:06 AM

15. Such cute boys. I love growing up in this generation. My straight best friend supports me. I like how he can be protective of me (he's in the army) even though I don't need it because I can hold my own. He is very touchy but I sure as hell don't mid ;)

Posted by: Gonzo | May 18, 2012 11:25:44 AM

16. oops correction *mind

Posted by: Gonzo | May 18, 2012 11:26:27 AM

17. loved it and a good sign of our future

Posted by: hotbeef801 | May 18, 2012 11:27:36 AM

18. Cute Guys... but ughh the suburbs... and cargo shorts... another no no

Posted by: Bremen@14th | May 18, 2012 11:49:45 AM

19. I think we need to send the cast of Anything Goes on a global tour to teach quality lip syncing, because those guys raised the bar and I just can't settle for less any more!

Posted by: Andrew W | May 18, 2012 12:10:00 PM

20. Not sure if I should like this video or be offended. "heterosexual fun" is making a video with homosexual overtones.. give me break.

The lip syncing is really really bad. Which is wierd cause it's so easy.. Maybe it's difficulty is in its simplicity.

Posted by: Justin | May 18, 2012 12:18:53 PM

21. Cute. That was certainly more entertaining than the Harvard baseball team.

Posted by: Dev | May 18, 2012 12:22:00 PM

22. I think they'e straight -- and I think they're effin adorable!

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | May 18, 2012 1:25:44 PM

23. The boy on the right in the still pic is absolutely gorgeous.

Who cares if they're straight, bi or gay? For all the talk of equality, I thought it wasn't supposed to matter. And for those who are gay and were offended, get over yourselves.

Posted by: Donny | May 18, 2012 1:30:28 PM

24. i'm gonna go ahead and say they are definitely not straight.. gay ppl in the suburbs definitely wear cargo shorts and boxers.. trust me i've taken them off of boys like these ;)

and the choreography/timing/lip syncing is so horrendous it's awesome.

Posted by: CH | May 18, 2012 2:04:32 PM

25. Life would have been better if these boys had lived in my neighborhood.

Posted by: Jim | May 18, 2012 2:19:13 PM