I'm Gay | I'm Not Gay | News | Tom Hardy

BigGayDeal.com

Tom Hardy: Gay Rumors Impossible to Extinguish, Doesn't Care

Tom Hardy talks to Vulture about his currently very bushy beard, and why he's commenting on your blog posts.

HardyThat’s wise. And at least you know you can always grow that beard again if you need to go down to the corner shop undetected.

And I f**king will as well!

How long did it take to grow that out?

Five months. And I’ve already trimmed it a lot, because people are saying it's grizzly.

Which people?

Oh, I'm a terrible reader of the Internet and stuff like that.

And you read what people say about you?

Yeah, 'cause in my head, I’m still not famous. It's like, "Hey, I'm on this site!" Or [to my fiancée], "Look at what we were wearing last night! And everyone says you look great." And then someone will say, "Tom Hardy is a c*nt because … " What? WHAT?

And then do you reply anonymously?

Yes, sometimes! Wouldn't you? Sometimes no one’s defending my corner! And then what you find — I've done it before — is that it’s a forest fire that you can’t put out. It's like [when commenters say], "Is he gay? Isn’t he gay?" Does it matter? Does it actually?

And, a hot shot for old time's sake, AFTER THE JUMP...

Hardy

Comments

1. This is how straight celebrities should react, instead of going berserk issuing denials. I don't think Tom Hardy's gay for a second, but with such a level-headed response it's easy to like him all the more.

And if you're reading these comments, Tom, you're one amazing mix of talented, hot and down to earth. Lucky guy :p

Posted by: R | May 22, 2012 4:43:20 PM

2. Mr Hardy is one sexy talented man

Posted by: jaragon | May 22, 2012 5:52:48 PM

3. He is the guy in Inception and the Dark Knight Rises.

Posted by: Jake | May 22, 2012 6:42:10 PM

4. They are not rumors when you admit in an article to having intimate relationships with members of the same sex. (Daily Mail, July 2010) Unless you backpedal for the sake of your career. Then all is forgotten.

Posted by: Otkon | May 22, 2012 6:58:14 PM

5. You guys all need to see him in BRONSON. He's so amazing and hot and completely deranged. Fantastic performance.

Posted by: James | May 22, 2012 8:41:34 PM

6. would hit it like the fist of an angry god

Posted by: gomez | May 22, 2012 8:43:17 PM

7. What's in his head is more beautiful than his looks. Too bad so many gay guys can't see it.

Posted by: NVTodd | May 23, 2012 1:43:54 AM

8. I think it's interesting that he becomes coy when it comes to his orientation! He admits he experimented with guys ("hell, I'm an actor!") but claims that is behind him now. Ahem! when he was on a PR tour for one of his recent films, an item was released about him having in tow his co-star (male) doing the red carpet thing and going to the local clubs with him while staying at the same hotel (separate rooms, of course?) He admits he likes his feminine side (metro?), so what is he an amalgan of sexual persuasions? Like one poster suggested, he ought to come out and be role model for all of these kids just discovering their gay sexuality so they can stand proud!

Posted by: pscheck2 | May 23, 2012 8:08:39 PM

9. What? No comments about Tom Hardy in THE TAKE. He was unbelivably fantastic - a total turn-on.

Posted by: Frances | Jun 5, 2012 4:36:01 PM

10. I applaud your honesty about your physical experiences, and as such as handsome man I'm not surprised that men and women both want to play with you....I've seen most of your movies and look forward to your current and future projects! a fan

Posted by: Betj W | Jun 13, 2012 12:13:24 PM

11. Well, if he is gay or not his problem, is an adult and has the right to do what he wants, what we see on TV is only a small part of the lives of famous because they do not broadcast its a bad thing or in a new movie that has been successful! they are people like all of us but their life is invaded by the press and media! I saw almost all his films and is a very good actor, but about his personal life have no right to give your the feedback! its not up to you to say if its right or wrong!!!!

Posted by: lorelay | Aug 1, 2012 3:37:00 PM

12. Tom Hardy is hot as Hell

Posted by: Tay | Aug 18, 2012 3:46:26 PM

13. LOL! More and more celebrities are scoping out the internet now. It's funny because now all our internet memes based off of them are now in danger of being found out. Keanu Reeves and Tom Felton both found out about theirs (I.E. drarry and "sad keanu"). And, I gained a lot of respect for them because they took it so well. Tom Felton even laughed his arse off at the photo manipulated image of him. I hear Jason Issacs reads online fanfiction people write about himself.

Posted by: Lily | Aug 22, 2012 2:13:47 AM

14. ....I think he's a very good actor...unless he chooses to share...it's nobody's business what he does in his personal life...no one should not be bullied for any reason...we all need to be kinder to one another....

Posted by: Debra | Oct 4, 2012 4:35:55 PM

15. Tom you are beautiful... if you werent engaged we would be perfect together! I'm a stylist your an actor. Cant get any better than that.

Posted by: tonya hackman | Nov 4, 2012 11:17:14 PM

16. Oh and i love gay men... work with them all the time. You can clearly tell he's not gay. Though most beautiful men are!

Posted by: tonya hackman | Nov 4, 2012 11:19:36 PM

17. Tom if you're reading this I LOVE Bronson and I LOVE YOU! You're a genuis and a beautiful man. I stumble across this article when trying to stalk your pictures (in a non-creepy way) people will say whatever, either way, Congrats on your success! Much love from me Mon' Cheri' of Chicago.

Posted by: Cherry Soul | Dec 14, 2012 11:47:41 AM

18. Tom is a very talented actor, but I wouldn't consider someone who has slept with men as being strait. I also don't think there are as meny men "experimenting" with the same sex as the gays would like people to believe. I can appreciate a woman's beauty, but I would find it repulsive to sleep with them. I don't hate gays, I just think they got the plumbing all wrong.

Posted by: Karen | Mar 5, 2013 2:19:58 AM

19. I liked him in warrior until i found out he was gay ,,,no more Tom Hardy movies for me /

Posted by: fkgays | Apr 17, 2013 6:20:56 AM