Curtis Knapp | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Kansas | News

Kansas Pastor Says the Government Should Kill Gays: AUDIO

More anti-gay 'Christianism', this time from the Heartland, sourced by Jeremy Hooper at Good as You.

KnappPastor Curtis Knapp of New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, Kansas thinks gays should be put to death:

"They should be put to death. That's what happened in Israel. That's why homosexuality wouldn't have grown in Israel. It tends to limit conversions. It tends to limit people coming out of the closet. — 'Oh, so you're saying we should go out and start killing them, no?' — I'm saying the government should. They won't but they should. [You say], 'oh, I can't believe you you're horrible. You're a backwards neanderthal of a person.' Is that what you're calling scripture? Is God a neanderthal backwards.. in his morality. Is it his word or not? If it's his word, he commanded it. It's his idea, not mine. And I'm not ashamed of it."

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

From a Sermon dated 5/27/2012 called Homosexuality and the Need for National Revival.

Comments

1. manyknapps@juno.com
    West Highway 36
    RR1 Box 113
    Seneca, Kansas 66538
    Phone: 785-336-6251

"Curtis Knapp was born in Fort Worth, Texas and raised in Concordia, KS. He attended the University of Kansas and graduated in 1991 with a B.S. in journalism. He attended Reformed Theological Seminary in Orlando, FL and graduated in 1998 with an Master of Divinity degree.

His ministry experience includes working as a youth pastor from 1992-1995 in Concordia, working as an associate pastor from 1998 to 2000 in Topeka, KS, starting and co-pastoring a church in Lawrence, KS from 2001 to 2003 and pastoring New Hope Baptist Church in Seneca, KS, where he has served since February 2004. Curtis has been married to his wife Catherine for 12 years, and has five children"

Posted by: Craig | May 29, 2012 7:42:24 PM

2. He's kind of refreshing, actually. None of this mamby-pamby "I love you but hate your sin" foolishness. He's not ashamed, and he wants us dead. Ok, this I can work with.

Posted by: Yeek | May 29, 2012 7:50:13 PM

3. So, this is their way of reacting when the tide is clearly turning against them. "Well, we're not winning this social war, so we'll just have to kill the queers and end this once and for all".

In a small way, I am sort of (happy isn't the correct word).............relieved that they aren't BSing around their true feelings. Simply straight up saying, I hate you and I wish you dead. Obviously, it's horrific, it's ridiculous, it's alarming, but I'd rather have everyone see these fundamentalists for who they are, so we can identify these bigots as the inhumane ignorant garbage they are.

Posted by: Francis | May 29, 2012 8:09:11 PM

4. So any gay person in a "Stand you Ground" gun law state can shoot and kill such preachers because based on their own statements and behavior cause the gay person to fear for their life, right.

Posted by: Nigel | May 29, 2012 8:32:40 PM

5. @Yeek - I completely agree. Let America decide whose side they want to be on, ours or his. We will win that battle, and it won't even be close.

Posted by: Fritz | May 29, 2012 8:37:51 PM

6. I sure do hope that shirt IS NOT polyester-and-cotton or he's going to go to HELL for mixing fabrics. I also hope he doesn't eat lobster or shrimp...shellfish is a no-no! And I'm sure his God loves the fact that he wants government to kill gays; he's such a Christ-stain!

Posted by: michaeld2013 | May 29, 2012 8:40:27 PM

7. He looks like bigot religious idiot and closet Nazi

Posted by: jaragon | May 29, 2012 8:40:37 PM

8. There was a time when I could respect Baptists in general. Their roots are in Radical Reformation. Many endured torture and death. I can't see any of the current crop of HomoHaters putting up with much more than jock rash.

Posted by: gregory brown | May 29, 2012 8:48:07 PM

9. Yet more proof that anti-gay Christians are criminally insane, because they want to murder another human being just because he or she is different. The hive mind or the mob mentality is starting up like when the mad man Dictator Hitler stirred up the Catholic Nazi German people to murder Jews and Homosexuals etc., so they could take over the world. It is plan to see that these mad men Christians are now the ones who like Hitler are now stirring up the America Christians like Hitler stirred up his Nazi Catholics to take over Europe by murdering any body who tried to stop them, before the Allied forces had to stop the mad man Hitler in the 1940's and the Nazi Catholic German people who wanted to kill and destroy the world to make it pure for the white race or people only. Never has this much insanity been on the rise since the mad man Hitler stirred up his people to murder. Now we have white mad men Christian "religious leaders" who are doing the same thing only this is today, 2012. Only 70 some years ago.

Posted by: Dave | May 29, 2012 8:57:30 PM

10. Saying that is the 'new cool' among religio-nutjobs. Inside each of them is a Mean Girl demanding attention. Expect mAnn Coulter to up the ante any day now.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | May 29, 2012 9:01:49 PM

11. Where are those 'we should respect him for his opinion' queens that were here earlier today? Perhaps they'd like to dine with this terrible excuse for a human and try to talk nice.

Look, Daddy! I'm having dinner with a pastor that hates gays!

Posted by: neptune | May 29, 2012 9:10:41 PM

12. I have a better idea, let this bigot drop dead and make the world a better place...

Posted by: Robert In WeHo | May 29, 2012 9:13:04 PM

13. Why are the Baptists even more extreme than the Mormons and Catholics? Phelps, those two separate preachers in NC, now this guy, etc. These guys are always invoking the death penalty for their enemies. Ugh!

Posted by: dh | May 29, 2012 9:13:38 PM

14. The United States is a signatory to an international treaty banning the promotion of genocide. This man can say this without legal consequence because there is no clear and present danger of his ideas being adopted. However, if the day should come that some state makes being gay a capital crime, I will personally hunt down every one of the priests, preachers, imams, and assorted other vermin who demanded this and offer them a choice of having their brains blown out or flying to the Hague for trial.

Posted by: Frank | May 29, 2012 9:14:07 PM

15. That church had better start paying its taxes, because, when the minister preaches politics, he's abusing separation of church and state!

Posted by: Pierce_mn | May 29, 2012 10:03:28 PM

16. And his church is tax-exempt, why? He is calling for the slaughter of gay people to fulfill some concocted biblical mandate, but enjoys the privileges of tax-exempt status. And why would a secular government follow the mandate of religious book? This is not a theocracy. Sigh.

Posted by: Nino | May 29, 2012 10:13:44 PM

17. WTF? When will this end??

Posted by: Marky | May 29, 2012 10:35:07 PM

18. I do not agree with the pastor's statements of course, but I do agree with his logic. Christianity and the Bible very clearly condemn practicing homosexuals to death. If you call yourself a Christian but don't call for the death of gays and lesbians, you're not a true, bible-obeying Christian. Christianity is an evil, backwards religion and the Bible is an evil backwards book. It should be sent to the annals of history along with the idea that killing an innocent man will make you innocent. It should be mocked and ridiculed into the ground, like creationism, geocentrism, flat earth theory and eugenics.

Posted by: Samuel Adams | May 29, 2012 10:48:42 PM

19. The irony is not lost on me that according to his holy scripture, neanderthals aren't even supposed to exist.

Posted by: JohnC | May 29, 2012 11:28:07 PM

20. I cannot even begin to agree with this guy. Something I've noticed in the comments though, is a lot of hate and insults towards this person and his faith. How does that make you any better than him? It doesn't. Congratulations, we're all haters. But who, what are you hating and why? A person? A heart (emotion) condition? An attitude? I'll listen when Love is talking. Not completely true, b/c I will listen to you now, spite and all.
    In the meantime, I just have got to let you know that I'm sorry that's been your very sucky experience with those who claim to follow Jesus. I'm sure there's a lot more personal, individual histories out there and a lot of hurt. Now, I know some of you will think I'm a nutter, but that's okay; I wish I could give you hug and let you know that I love you and I know Jesus does too. I wish I knew a better way to say it b/c that sounds so flowery, cliche and weak. More like I want you to know the power of love and grace. No need for religiousity. I'm sure we're all sick of that. Just relationship...with each other and the Divine.
    And before you start throwing stones at me, be aware that I have no stones to throw (nor any right to do so) and that they'll be returned to you in prayers.

Posted by: lkumle | May 29, 2012 11:33:48 PM

21. The haters are falling apart. Love and tolerance has won.

Posted by: Markus Taylor | May 29, 2012 11:58:25 PM

22. He's just one of those closet cases who wants some gay guy to pastorbate him.

Posted by: Christian Love Toy | May 30, 2012 12:14:34 AM

23. @Lkumle...how sweet. If I had to guess, I would say...midwest, homeschooled...and straight.

Posted by: Paul B. | May 30, 2012 12:29:17 AM

24. Not good enough, LKUMLE. Anyone who thinks his beliefs are reasonable is batshitcrazy. I personally would love to blow his worthless brains out. Amen.

Posted by: nikko | May 30, 2012 12:35:23 AM

25. This Fear-mongering & hate-Speech is not tolerated in many places such as Canada...for the 1st amendment goes to extremes, so tax-the-frack out of "ChristenDUMB", so hardENED Hearts and Enslaved-Minds have no Airtime, eventually worldwide...The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, of the Child, WyMoN, the disAbled, The Poor, and LGBTQI treaties to be, Must be Ratified, embraced, and only...

....Green Party Platforms & Publicaly Financed campaigns/Progressively~Instituted & Beyond AND are the Norm...Period!

Posted by: RyeJamesReid | May 30, 2012 12:42:15 AM