Adam Lambert | American Idol | News

BigGayDeal.com

Adam Lambert Performs 'Never Close Our Eyes', Talks About Being a 'Gay Celebrity' for Google Play: VIDEO

Al

Adam Lambert brought his new single "Never Close Our Eyes" to American Idol last night, and also did an extended interview with Google Play.

Lambert"I wanted to call it Trespassing because I wanted the fans to feel like they're going to trespass into my world..."

Lambert also talks about the songs he wrote about the adversity faced by gays and lesbians, working with Pharrell Williams, the fact that he's "absolutely out of [his] mind" and the song he wrote about it, writing the gay celebrity handbook as he goes, and being an outsider.

Watch the interview and Idol performance, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Definitely think Trespassing is far superior to FYE, and has earned the high reviews. NCOE isn't one of my favorites, though he performed it well enough. I think his background singers need a bit more work. This is the second live performance I've seen with them where they were slightly flat starting off.

Posted by: LiamB | May 18, 2012 5:46:32 PM

2. I also noticed on his Idol performance that the singing was flat in places, which is very unusual for Adam. I'm pretty sure it was him and not the backup singers, but I could be wrong. Even with a few pitchy places, he is still 10x better then 99% of people who perform live (and not pretaped live, either) on TV. I saw him in concert in 2010 and I swear not one note was off key. The guy is brilliant.

Posted by: MattS | May 18, 2012 6:20:48 PM

3. Request NEVER CLOSE OUR EYES on the radio.

Posted by: Bill | May 18, 2012 6:25:52 PM

4. PLEASE! There was nothing pitchy or flat about his performance, if you can't find a legitimate fault keep your dang comments to yourselves. It bugs the heck out of me when people that couldn't carry a tune in a jug, criticize one of the best male singers of the last 50 years. I have a wonderful sound system and his performance was close to perfect. Jealousy is not a pretty thing.

Posted by: Thomas | May 18, 2012 8:40:00 PM

5. Adam is really quite amazing. I thought his style would never lead to a career, but here I am with 8 or 9 of his songs in my music collection.

I agree with Liamb: his back-up singers are really NOT complementary to his voice and seem to fight for airspace in some parts of the song. God, I love Adam's talent.

Posted by: Drew | May 18, 2012 11:27:23 PM

6. Love his voice but he need to fire his hair stylist ASAP. It looks like a Supercuts hairdresser tried to style his hair into an 80's new wave cut but got confused mid-way through and so just puffed it up. Total mess.

Posted by: pavelb | May 19, 2012 1:27:04 AM

7. That was awesome. Thanks for posting!

Posted by: fern | May 19, 2012 2:03:40 PM

8. Adam looks great, sounds great, and I love that his backups are 2 large black women. Rock on!

Posted by: Jim | May 19, 2012 3:17:48 PM

9. I'm sure Adam would be the first to say that with a live performance anything could happen. I don't personally think it started off as well as it could have but picked up after the first part of the song. Adam is the only singer I have heard who sounds better live than on a studio album. By the end of the song he;d totally killed it and he deserves all the success due to him.

Posted by: rubykarat | May 19, 2012 4:30:55 PM

10. "...little bit of bondage." Hmmm... now where did I put those cuffs? Oh, Aaaa-dam - c'mere baby... heh, heh, heh

Posted by: Mommie Dammit | May 22, 2012 11:57:49 AM