Barack Obama | Gay Marriage | Mississippi | News

BigGayDeal.com

MS Lawmaker Andy Gipson Says Gays Spread Disease, Suggest They Should Be Put to Death

Gipson

Mississippi state Representative Andy Gipson attacked gays on his Facebook page following Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage earlier this week, Unity MS reports.

Wrote Gipson in a Facebook post:

Been a lot of press on Obama’s opinion on “homosexual marriage.” The only opinion that counts is God’s: see Romans 1:26-28 and Leviticus 20:13. Anyway you slice it, it is sin. Not to mention horrific social policy.

Fb2

The Leviticus passage is the one suggesting that gay people be put to death.

He followed that up with a clarification to a commenter in the same thread:

Sorry I’ve been busy and not had a chance to reply. David, in addition to the basic principal that it is morally wrong, here are three social reasons it’s horrific social policy: 1) Unnatural behavior which results in disease, not the least of which is its high association with the development and spread of HIV/AIDS; 2) Confusing behavior which is harmful to children who have a deep need to understand the proper role of men and women in society and the important differences between men and women, and fathers and mothers; and 3) Undermines the longstanding definition of marriage as between one man and one woman, a definition which has been key to all aspects of social order and prosperity. Anytime that definition is weakened our culture is also weakened. And yes, that is also true for other conduct which weakens marriage’s importance in society.

Fb1

Writes Unity MS, where you can find Gipson's contact information: "Mr. Gipson needs to realize he represents all of his constituents. He should not cherry-pick which constituents he wants to work for. He should also realize his positions are neither popular nor Republican. LGBT individuals, couples, and families help pay Gipson’s salary. It’s important that he remember that."

Comments

1. I wish I lived in a country where Christianists didn't feel the need to legislate their religion to everyone else.

Posted by: Brad | May 18, 2012 3:01:23 PM

2. Actually, I'm going to correct myself. Studies show that MS is THE dumbest state in our nation. Trailing by a lot.

Posted by: Lucas | May 18, 2012 3:02:13 PM

3. ok that suit and his face need to be used a cum rag..dumb ass really that pic is so gay looking also

Posted by: hotbeef801 | May 18, 2012 3:02:39 PM

4. My Mother made me wear my hair like that. In 1972. It was out of date then.

Posted by: Tessie Tura | May 18, 2012 3:04:38 PM

5. And Mitt Romney homophobic as$ attacked a gay student when he was in high school. I know, Mitt Romney must be a black homophobe, correct??

My role model, President Obama, is the first sitting president in history to support gay marriage.

Jay-Z said gay marriage is a human rights issue.

Posted by: Mel Smith | May 18, 2012 3:06:26 PM

6. OH and by the way: there is a link on his facebook page to his wife's facebook page.

I sent her a message about her disgusting bigoted question, then I asked her if she was a virgin when they got married, because according to Leviticus she should be put to death.

Posted by: Rob roberts | May 18, 2012 3:09:01 PM

7. OH and by the way: there is a link on his facebook page to his wife's facebook page.

Posted by: Rob roberts | May 18, 2012 3:09:03 PM

8. My last messages are for the hypocrites that visit this site.

The rest of you guys know I love you to death.

Posted by: Mel Smith | May 18, 2012 3:09:23 PM

9. what!?!? an anti-gay hypocritically pious republican? you're KIDDING!

Posted by: LittleKiwi | May 18, 2012 3:13:49 PM

10. he and his wife are going to bury one of their children one day. sad.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | May 18, 2012 3:15:22 PM

11. More from the Genocide Lobby.

Posted by: Jacques Rosas | May 18, 2012 3:28:14 PM

12. Check out his Facebook page...he also has photos on there of his very young children in the woods holding full-sized rifles. Need we say anymore?

Posted by: Mark | May 18, 2012 3:37:51 PM

13. Leviticus is the chapter that talks about selling your daughter into prostitution a few lines later. I know lots of broke dads that could use the money. Better get to my picket-sign-makin.

Posted by: AJ | May 18, 2012 3:38:59 PM

14. I sent him this message on Facebook:

Ohh How I HOPE wityh EVERY Fiber of My being - that 1..2 of your kids ARE GAY........and even IF they aren't you're UGLY words ARE FOREVER CEMENTED ON LINE FOR ALL THE WORLD TO SEE...you can't escape them!....yep...lets see how proud these kids are of thier dear ol' Bigoted,hateful dad 20-30yrs from now...you ever notice- you NEVER hear a thing from George Wallace's family? Hmmmmm, Wonder why!!!

Posted by: Disgusted American | May 18, 2012 3:43:40 PM

15. actually, his citation of Levitical law could lead one to believe he's abusing his daughters.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | May 18, 2012 3:43:51 PM

16. Being a Good Christian, and making public policy based on Leviticus, he will of course legislate God's Word and crush the sinful Mississippi shrimp and crab industry.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | May 18, 2012 3:44:06 PM

17. @caliban

No you don't.

and to the rest of my black brothers, y'all know y'all wrong...y'all know that the non-homophobic white community is gonna save all of us gay people (of any race) from those vitriolically homophobic black people, lol

Posted by: Chitown Kev | May 18, 2012 3:55:12 PM

18. "And yes," says bigot, Andy Gipson, "that is also true for other conduct which weakens marriage’s importance in society."

But par for the course, he and other bigots have so much less to say about the conduct of heterosexuals that weakens the importance of marriage in our society.

Here is the extensive list of offenses worthy of death according to Leviticus . . . but we never hear anything about them:

Leviticus 20 (New International Version)
    Page Options
    Add parallel

Show resources
    Leviticus 20

New International Version (NIV)
    Punishments for Sin

20 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Say to the Israelites: ‘Any Israelite or any foreigner residing in Israel who sacrifices any of his children to Molek is to be put to death. The members of the community are to stone him. 3 I myself will set my face against him and will cut him off from his people; for by sacrificing his children to Molek, he has defiled my sanctuary and profaned my holy name. 4 If the members of the community close their eyes when that man sacrifices one of his children to Molek and if they fail to put him to death, 5 I myself will set my face against him and his family and will cut them off from their people together with all who follow him in prostituting themselves to Molek.

6 “‘I will set my face against anyone who turns to mediums and spiritists to prostitute themselves by following them, and I will cut them off from their people.

7 “‘Consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am the Lord your God. 8 Keep my decrees and follow them. I am the Lord, who makes you holy.

9 “‘Anyone who curses their father or mother is to be put to death. Because they have cursed their father or mother, their blood will be on their own head.

10 “‘If a man commits adultery with another man’s wife —with the wife of his neighbor—both the adulterer and the adulteress are to be put to death.

11 “‘If a man has sexual relations with his father’s wife, he has dishonored his father. Both the man and the woman are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

12 “‘If a man has sexual relations with his daughter-in-law, both of them are to be put to death. What they have done is a perversion; their blood will be on their own heads . . .

then the infamous 13 verse . . . no need repeating it . . . we all probably know it by heart . . .

then it goes on:

14 “‘If a man marries both a woman and her mother, it is wicked. Both he and they must be burned in the fire, so that no wickedness will be among you.

15 “‘If a man has sexual relations with an animal, he is to be put to death, and you must kill the animal.

16 “‘If a woman approaches an animal to have sexual relations with it, kill both the woman and the animal. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

17 “‘If a man marries his sister , the daughter of either his father or his mother, and they have sexual relations, it is a disgrace. They are to be publicly removed from their people. He has dishonored his sister and will be held responsible.

18 “‘If a man has sexual relations with a woman during her monthly period, he has exposed the source of her flow, and she has also uncovered it. Both of them are to be cut off from their people.

19 “‘Do not have sexual relations with the sister of either your mother or your father, for that would dishonor a close relative; both of you would be held responsible.

20 “‘If a man has sexual relations with his aunt, he has dishonored his uncle. They will be held responsible; they will die childless.

21 “‘If a man marries his brother’s wife, it is an act of impurity; he has dishonored his brother. They will be childless.

22 “‘Keep all my decrees and laws and follow them, so that the land where I am bringing you to live may not vomit you out. 23 You must not live according to the customs of the nations I am going to drive out before you. Because they did all these things, I abhorred them. 24 But I said to you, “You will possess their land; I will give it to you as an inheritance, a land flowing with milk and honey.” I am the Lord your God, who has set you apart from the nations.

25 “‘You must therefore make a distinction between clean and unclean animals and between unclean and clean birds. Do not defile yourselves by any animal or bird or anything that moves along the ground—those that I have set apart as unclean for you. 26 You are to be holy to me because I, the Lord, am holy, and I have set you apart from the nations to be my own.

27 “‘A man or woman who is a medium or spiritist among you must be put to death. You are to stone them; their blood will be on their own heads.’”

Out of 27 verses, which most if not all people who like to go one about Leviticus 20:13 if they had the nine lives of a cat would have expended all nine just on the death sentences in Leviticus.

"Dead man Walking and Talking."

Sit down and shut up!!

Judge not lest you be judged . . . for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself . . . because YOU DO THE SAME THINGS!!!

These idiots think their Bible gives them license to judge others, but it does not . . . but tells them to love others, to love their enemies, to pray for those who use them, persecute them . . . to judge themselves so they will not be judged . . . to WORK out their salvation (which they can hardly be doing if they are so focused on what others are and are not doing) with fear and trembling!!

They are told that people are drawn to God by his kindness, his gentleness, his mercy, but when it comes to gay, in particular, seem ready to reserve the wrath of God and their hate for them . . . which means they are acting out of their own human bias, not Biblical understanding.

I swear . . . I mean seriously . . . if baby Jesus issued a send-one-person-to-eternal hellfire button to republicans and his loving followers on the right, every one of them would push that button, then try to pull a fast one on Baby Jesus by getting back in line to get another button.

Posted by: Ricco | May 18, 2012 3:59:56 PM

19. There he goes quoting from the Old Testament again. How come when it comes to gays, that's the only time these "Christians" want to acknowledge the OT? Wonder how he feels about God's views on slavery or virgin brides, because they're even more specific than the one's about men betraying their natural inclinations.

Posted by: Chuck | May 18, 2012 4:00:41 PM

20. i just reported his facebook page. they (facebook) don't make it easy, but boy did it feel great!

Posted by: Oliver | May 18, 2012 4:03:56 PM

21. Ah, that explains the helter-skelter in his eyes.

Posted by: Tarc | May 18, 2012 4:19:42 PM

22. Just for reference whenever some self-righteous @sshat comes up with some feeble-minded garbage to publicly vomit, go to www.evilbible.com. Of course, you can't educate the unwilling, but it's good for your own perspective. At the very least, we're all getting familiar with fighting fire with fire.

Posted by: ESA | May 18, 2012 4:32:17 PM

23. He, of course, does not take any of the Old Testament remotely seriously.

Posted by: anon | May 18, 2012 4:32:39 PM

24. "Bob" must have been so disappointed with this son.

Posted by: Acronym Jim | May 18, 2012 4:49:08 PM

25. For being from Mississippi, he sure can give a thought response. Here's mine.

1) You have no proof of your claims, and you know it. I'm not interested in your "voodoo" nonsense.
    2) If that's so, then don't expose American children to other cultures; their definition of "man" and "woman" vary and are vastly different from your "set-in-stone" idea. Moreover, in terms of "confusing" behavior, Christians have a monopoly on that. Your "god" is supposedly about love and tolerance, yet you people encourage hatred, bigotry, and prejudice. How's THAT for confusing behavior?
    3)Marriage is far from an essential social institution. It does nothing. And if there were anything that undermined it, it would be people like you, who believe it has a machine like purpose that we must all fit into. Such a mindset creates cognitive dissonance, and is the reason divorce is so high. The one thing you Republicans will never admit is that it is a fatal mistake to involve yourselves in the lives of people. No, you feel it is your duty, ironically calling yourselves the party of limited government anyways.

In sum, you are nothing but pompous, arrogant scum who doesn't know his place.

Posted by: Matt | May 18, 2012 5:10:32 PM