Barack Obama | Gay Marriage | North Carolina | Religion

BigGayDeal.com

NC Pastor Wants To Build Electrified Fence To Contain, Starve And Ultimately Kill Gays: VIDEO

Worley

In a sermon blasting President Obama for his same-sex marriage support, Pastor Charles L. Worley of Providence Road Baptist Church in Maiden, North Carolina, offered a novel — and horrific — solution to the so-called gay scourge: build an electric fence and let "lesbians, queers and homosexuals" starve to death.

"I figured a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers," he says in his sermon, delivered on May 13. "Build a great, big, large fence — 150 or 100 mile long — put all the lesbians in there... Do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals and have that fence electrified so they can't get out… And you know what, in a few years, they'll die." Worley fails to understand that gay people are born, not made, and that there would just be more LGBT folk coming down the line.

He also that if he's asked who he'll vote for, he'll reply, "I'm not going to vote for a baby killer and a homosexual lover."

The not-so-holy man concludes, "God have mercy. It makes me pukin' sick to think about — I don't even whether or not to say this in the pulpit — can you imagine kissing some man?"

Throughout the sermon, many of his congregants can be heard calling out "Amen."

Watch Worley's wretch-worthy remarks, AFTER THE JUMP...

(h/t to the Catawba Valley Citizens Against Hate for posting the video on YouTube)

Note: Worley does say "drop some food" for the lesbians, which suggests perhaps he doesn't want to starve us all to death, but there's no mention of supplying an endless cupboard of sustenance, which is why, to me, this speech sounds like starvation.

Comments

1. Ironic that the ad topping this page read:

"Lowe's® Fence Install
    Visit Lowe's® Official Site Now For Fencing Installation Information!
    www.Lowes.com"

Posted by: On the Fence | May 21, 2012 5:43:30 PM

2. I'm praying he has broken some law with these words. Would like to see him have to bend over for a bar of soap! MFer.

Posted by: Pointed | May 21, 2012 5:45:03 PM

3. The Pastor's solution is not a novel approach. In fact, it's rather Nazi-like. Yes, it's horrifying. But it would be so much more horrifying if he wasn't so freakin' stupid. Does this clown seriously think that gay babies come exclusively from the union of a lesbian and a gay man? What an IDIOT. What about all the other people in North Carolina? I have a ton of gay friends. We're ALL from heterosexual parents.

Posted by: Deb Della Piana | May 21, 2012 5:58:41 PM

4. This is totally not OK.

This is even worse than NC Rev. Sean Harris's horrifying comments (about physically hurting a boy for being effeminate). Roughly speaking, Maiden, NC events would be covered in the Charlotte, NC media. Here's a resource: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_in_Charlotte,_North_Carolina

The national media should be alerted too, of course.

This does not help the image of North Carolina - which has taken some major hits recently.

Who pays Worley's salary???

Also here's a website for the Town of Maiden (remember to be 100% polite, while you might indicate that this is not good for tourism or the image of the Town): http://www.maidennc.com/

Posted by: I pay taxes unlike churches | May 21, 2012 6:02:16 PM

5. This dude is messed up! :-(

Posted by: Anthony | May 21, 2012 6:04:41 PM

6. Why peacefully protest this mad dog redneck reverend and his hillbilly church? This church of Baptist bigots is the reason God invented the Molotov cocktail. Burn, baby, burn! Let's enjoy the fragrant smell of barbequed Baptist. BTW, if the straights will give us Hawaii, then I'm all for segregation! Aloha, Rev. Buttkiss!

Posted by: Jim | May 21, 2012 6:06:59 PM

7. This dude is wacked :-/

Posted by: Anthony | May 21, 2012 6:06:59 PM

8. HITLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: troll | May 21, 2012 6:07:47 PM

9. "...can you imagine kissing some man?"

I'll bet he's imagined that a lot .

Posted by: Cheryl | May 21, 2012 6:16:18 PM

10. Boy am I confused. I thought a "queer" was a homosexual. But he says "lesbians and queers" then later says "do the same thing for the queers and the homosexuals", so who exactly are these "queers"?

Maybe we can just put bigots in this concentration camp. After all, they're socially deviant and arguably "queer" in the true sense...

Posted by: Pacific moderate | May 21, 2012 6:17:27 PM

11. How can this person ever consider himself a man of God.God maqde us all and Gay is NOT A CHOICE.Ithink maybe he has some same sex attraction and is trying to make himself feel better by saying these ridiculous things. I hope he doesn't think that God is proud of him.

Posted by: Maggie | May 21, 2012 6:19:26 PM

12. How many gay children does this pastors god have to create before he realizes that god doesn't hate gays and lesbians like he does?

He can put all the gays and lesbians on another planet, but that won't stop anything. Gays and lesbians are the result of typical heterosexual procreation.

I hate to see christianity besmirched in this way - christianity is a religion of goodnes, he's preaching the religion of hate

Posted by: Jilli | May 21, 2012 6:22:10 PM

13. -I'm again it, you're again it, we're all again it.
    -Lesbians, queers, and homosex will kill 'Merica.

Terribly sorry for our piece of crap state. There should have been a thing that said, "What are your reasons for voting?" on the ballots, and just discard the ones that said anything about Gawd or Jeezus or the good book, the Bah-bul. I'm gay, and a-holes like this think about gay sex more than I do.

Posted by: Nyan | May 21, 2012 6:51:39 PM

14. I am so tired and disgusted of having to hear this kind of crap day in and day out everytime I pick up a paper or watch a t.v. news broadcast or read a blog. I am dreading the day that my 4 year old has to be exposed to this hatred! Truly. What is wrong with these people?

Posted by: Lucifer | May 21, 2012 6:53:21 PM

15. How is it not blatantly a hate crime to advocate the mass extermination of a group of people? This man should clearly be institutionalized for psychopathic tendencies, not given a (literal) pulpit to spread his toxic insanity to a mass audience.

Posted by: Soli | May 21, 2012 6:59:25 PM

16. Heard about your "solution" to lesbians and queers. It sounds soooo KKKristian. I don't believe god meant love thy neighbor as thyself, or when he was on the cross and he said "forgive them father for they know no what they do". or that he is the only judge.

You are a minion of the devil, motivated by hate, and most likely from your reaction a self-loathing closeted homosexual yourself. You make Satan happy, he wins again.

Oh by the way, the president (who is half white) did not say he loves homosexuals just that he believes the government should should stay out of peoples lives when it comes to whom they choose to love. You do realize there are many high-ranking Republicans who are gay also.

Posted by: jm pace | May 21, 2012 7:02:05 PM

17. "How To Get Rid of all the Lesbians, Queers Homosexuals" http://wp.me/p1Jt6N-Fa

Posted by: Mitchell S. Gilbert | May 21, 2012 7:10:45 PM

18. Is he suggesting a Final Solution? Jesus would not support Genocide

Posted by: gwd3rd61@gmail.com | May 21, 2012 7:16:45 PM

19. Things like this are why young people are leaving the church and religion in general, in record numbers. With bigots like this around, I expect that trend to continue and accelerate.

Posted by: Francis | May 21, 2012 7:39:00 PM

20. I seriously would like to see him F with some lesbians. Yeah that'll happen

Posted by: Greg | May 21, 2012 7:43:51 PM

21. JESUS AFFIRMED A GAY COUPLE: Matthew 5 through Matthew 13.

You're welcome

​Maiden, NC 28650​

828-428-3358 Fax

​www.prbcnc.com​
    preacherworley@charter.net

Posted by: ge | May 21, 2012 8:08:59 PM

23. Dear Pastor Worley,

You are UNdoing so much work so many of us put into letting God love our neighbors, every person He has created, through us.

Please repent, publicly, and sincerely apologize, publicly. There is nothing of the Gospel message in anything I saw of your sermon. Our war is Not against flesh and blood, meaning people. It's against principalities.

You have hurt, insulted, and condemned people that God wants to draw near to Himself.
     If you hate the sinner, then you are wrong. Period.

My Bible says: 1Corinthians 5:9-13
    9) I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people 10)  *not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11) But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler not even to eat with such a one. 12) *For what have I to do with judging outsiders? Is it not those inside (Believers) the church  whom you are to judge? 13) God judges those outside. “Purge the evil person (unrepentant Believer) from among you.”

You have done so much damage. Satan works through your actions. Hell was created for Satan and the demons, not for people, but Satan is sure working to take as many people with him as possible, and he is working through hateful actions like yours which cause more separation between people and God.

God is Not pleased, and neither are those you have called your brothers and sisters in Christ.

Posted by: Jamila | May 21, 2012 8:14:17 PM

24. If I may make a point...his point wasn't to be "totally" inhuman and kill off homosexuals by starvation....his point was that biologically speaking, that same sex's cant reproduce and that's how they would die off. Granted his analogy was terrible and gives all Christians a horrible name and I totally don't agree with this man in any way. He has no right to judge people in such a way when he himself is just as human and just as much a sinner as any other bloody human on this planet. However, I felt that the argument above, mentioning starvation, was inaccurate and was misinterpreted from what he actually said...no matter how rude of him it was to say it in the first place.

Posted by: anonymous christian trying to save whatever dignity is left to save | May 21, 2012 8:18:56 PM

25. Quoted out of a larger post by Shelly;
    (...)"We know the truth of our own lives and hearts, and though we should always raise our voices against people like this man, sharing our own honest, open experiences of inequality with our friends, relatives, co-workers, neighbors, fellow citizens has proven itself the only weapon we need."(...)
    -----
    Shelly, this is an admirable and largely proven approach, but I would remind that this only works when dealing with the sane. I would remind that human history provides examples of mass insanity. I must plead once again;
    1: Find and take a good quality defensive firearms course.
    2: Acquire a well made revolver with a "transfer bar" or similar mechanism (does not go off if dropped, etc).
    3: Keep it clean, secure, and always pay attention to what is going on in the larger culture we must live in, in case it becomes time to risk carrying it.
    4: If you never use it beyond a once a year practice session, it will still have done it's job. Deterrence is a valid defensive concept.
    YES: what you describe is better overall, but, in the cold glare of human nature, I call it incomplete.

Posted by: ROBERT BAKER | May 21, 2012 8:37:59 PM