Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | Indiana | Jeff Sangl | News

Indiana Church Gives Child Standing Ovation for Singing 'No Homos Gonna Make It to Heaven': VIDEO

Homos

Check out this sick video on its way to be being viral which features a child at a church which has been identified as the Apostolic Truth Tabernacle in Greensburg, Indiana.

The church gets on its feet to applaud as the child sings, "No homos gonna make it to heaven."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Rev. Jeff Sangl is the Pastor and Founder of Apostolic Truth Tabernacle. Contact info here. Please react non-violently if you choose to do so.

Comments

1. Mary seems to be advocating that anti-gay Christians disguise their hatred of us with nice words...

Posted by: BobN | May 30, 2012 10:22:18 AM

2. Teaching your children to spew hatred - a Christian value. Let me tell you something, none of the Christians I know are like this. These people are the REAL Devil.

Posted by: Jack M | May 30, 2012 10:29:16 AM

3. No, BobN. I don't believe that most Christians hate gays, only some do. What I mean is that they can show that they (pardon the cliche) "hate the sin, love the sinner." This enables them to express their beliefs without encouraging hatred toward gays or inspiring hatred toward Christians in relatiation. Also, Christians who take a more loving attitude toward gays are more likely to accept and even support marriage equality in time. This is what happened to me.

Posted by: Mary | May 30, 2012 10:29:21 AM

4. Bigotry has to be taught at a young age. I pity these kids if one of them should turn out to be gay since they will have been taught to hate themselves from a very young age.

Posted by: Swiminbuff | May 30, 2012 10:30:38 AM

5. This five-year-old kid's singing has forever been posted on the internet. In five years he'll be in ...what? ... the 5th grade. Moving on he'll be in the 6th, 7th, etcetera, and his classmates will have access to his singing.

Poor guy.

Posted by: newz4i | May 30, 2012 10:38:42 AM

6. This is the stuff that really breaks my heart. I do realize these people, like everyone on earth, are products of their culture and environment and in these cases express their ignorance, anger and fear in truly hurtful ways. Though I'm not a Christian, I do think Jesus' "forgive them for they know not what they do" applies to all of us and I try and keep it in mind. But seeing innocent children being used as carriers of hateful messages they have no way to even comprehend while those old and worldly enough to do so uproariously applaud seems beyond the pale to me.

Posted by: Shelly | May 30, 2012 10:39:46 AM

7. Christians really need to stop saying everyone else is trying to give them a bad name; especially when they are doing such a bang-up job on their own. They also need to stop crying victim and saying we don't show them respect. Exactly how much respect are they showing the LGBT community in the video attached to this story. The morally corrupt should stop preaching morals. Another thing that gets me about this video is how they always go back to the children. They don't want to have to explain two dadies in the neighborhood because it's confusing for their children however they have no problem teaching there children hateful slurs and how to sing with them. So did they explain what a "homo" is to the kid or just have him memorize the derogatory slang?

Posted by: George M | May 30, 2012 10:41:25 AM

8. Heaven isn't real.

Posted by: Satty | May 30, 2012 10:41:28 AM

9. I just hope this goes viral and gets on all the news programmes

Posted by: DanSwon | May 30, 2012 10:43:26 AM

10. If you ever wondered about the mindset of those who oversaw the Holocaust or burned "fags" at the stake, these videos are it.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.”

Posted by: Mike | May 30, 2012 10:45:58 AM

11. If there is a protest of this disgusting church I am there. It's not much more than an hour from me

Posted by: Damien | May 30, 2012 10:52:16 AM

12. And *they* think *we* corrupt children and convert them to a sinful lifestyle...

Posted by: Fritz | May 30, 2012 10:53:01 AM

13. Sent a letter to the pastor's email. It probably won't get read, but that's ok. At least I got it in before they take down the site and block his emails! :)

Posted by: TAL | May 30, 2012 10:54:56 AM

14. I'm going to adopt an "It's always darkest before the dawn" stance going forward. These antics reek of desperation. They are losing and throwing tantrums about it.

Posted by: AJ | May 30, 2012 10:59:59 AM

15. This is so confusing. So, according to one pastor we should beat our sons up for sissy behavior (like singing, and in a sweater vest no doubt), but we should applaud it if it's about gay-hating? We're going to have some really confused evangelical children (as usual).

Posted by: Stefan | May 30, 2012 11:16:51 AM

16. Chad is correct. This is clearly child abuse.

Posted by: vocino | May 30, 2012 11:34:04 AM

17. Is it on Itunes yet??...

Posted by: Alan Brickman | May 30, 2012 11:35:29 AM

18. Notice that this guy is the FOUNDER of his own church. That's always a sign of extreme potential crazy: think Fred Phelps. This means that no other church shared the Founder and Pastor's particular brand of Christian doctrine, so he went and started his own church where he could be the guy preaching from the pulpit, despite an apparent lack of any theological education or pastoral training. Gotta love DIY Christianity.

Posted by: Prof Sancho Panza | May 30, 2012 11:45:14 AM

19. 'Praying that lost souls find Jesus' is kind of like Mormons baptizing dead Jews, different only by degree. It's the religionists' passive-aggressive attack against rationalists.

If religion is such a great thing, why does it have to be imposed? Why do Muslims, Mormons, AND Christians, Protestants and Catholics alike, fundamentalists and mega-churchers, go out and try to coerce other people to become like them; to believe and behave like them?

Religion has always been and will always be more of a socio-political tool than anything truly spiritual. True spiritualism comes from within the individual, and is not imposed from without by a mob of fat, materially-overfed-but-spiritually-malnourished subhumans like the ones in that video.

And teaching children to hate should never be an acceptable or permissible mission for a tax-exempt charitable institution. Someone needs to call both CPS and the IRS.

Posted by: Free At Last | May 30, 2012 11:45:20 AM

20. I'm glad this kind of garbage is getting attention. Sunshine is the best disinfectant. I know there are a lot of churches like this crazy one, but, still, most churches are not. Christian churches have a tendency not to chide one another, but I think this phenomenon has become extreme enough that mainline churches should speak up.

Posted by: alsdfh@yahol.com | May 30, 2012 11:50:12 AM

21. They keep putting these videos out there expressly to antagonize.It reminds me of family trips when I was a child and my older brothers would poke or hit me the whole way to get a rise out of me. Like any bully, they are enjoying our outrage, it feeds them

Posted by: TommyB | May 30, 2012 11:50:36 AM

22. @ALSDFH: "...but I think this phenomenon has become extreme enough that mainline churches should speak up."

Please post a video of ANY religious leader, mainline or otherwise, whom you hear speaking out against faux-preachers, fraudluent-churches, and false religions like the Apostolic 'Truth' Tabernacle.

You won't find much of anything, if anything. They're all too cowardly, too much in fear that if they pull at that one thread, the whole thing will come unraveled.

Posted by: Free At Last | May 30, 2012 11:58:03 AM

23. Isn't this the same Greensburg leveled by a tornado a few years back?

Spoiler alert, Greensburg: God IS trying to tell you something, but this wasn't it.

Posted by: Sparky | May 30, 2012 12:02:29 PM

24. This kid is the next Clay Aiken in more ways than one. Give him a few years.

Posted by: Iwontgrowup | May 30, 2012 12:03:40 PM

25. It seems somehow inevitable that he'll end up like Kurt on Glee.

Posted by: jimstoic | May 30, 2012 12:13:30 PM