Barack Obama | Gay Marriage | Manny Pacquiao | News | Philippines

Boxer Manny Pacquiao Blasts Obama Over Same-Sex Marriage, Cites Scripture Saying Gays Should Be Put to Death

Filipino boxer and politician Manny Pacquiao, who Forbes named the #4 most influential athlete in the world this year, is speaking out against Obama's endorsement of same-sex marriage, citing Biblical scripture that gays should be put to death.

PacquaioThe Conservative Examiner reports:

Pacquiao's directive for Obama calls societies to fear God and not to promote sin, inclusive of same-sex marriage and cohabitation, notwithstanding what Leviticus 20:13 has been pointing all along: “If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.”

Pacquiao, bearing a conservative stance on the Reproductive Bill which is still pending in the Philippine Congress for approval even after contemptuous debates, believes the sweeping campaign of Obama favoring the gays and lesbians to legally marry is nothing more than a direct attack on the moral society and against the creative power and will of God.

Pacquiao continues: "God only expects man and woman to be together and to be legally married, only if they so are in love with each other."

"It should not be of the same sex so as to adulterate the altar of matrimony, like in the days of Sodom and Gomorrah of Old."

America should be the model of morality for other countries to emulate and must have the responsibility to uphold the Scripture to the highest order of God's command, he adds.

Comments

1. You can't fool him, cause he's a moron.

This guy can't even get his facts straight, let alone his religion. Sodom and Gomorrah? Oh, really. If you actually bother to look it up instead of listening to every ignorant, dime-store preacher with an agenda, you'll see there was nothing about gays in why those two cities were destroyed.

You'll also see two daughters willfully getting their dad drunk to have sex with him and have his grand kids. Who knows, that might be his favorite part and he doesn't actually remember the rest.

Posted by: Robert | May 15, 2012 6:15:39 PM

2. I'll be looking for his endorsements......And I'll avoid buying from them.
    I'll be making a statement from my pocket book!
    He's a total loser for me, and a total hypocrite!

Posted by: Casper | May 15, 2012 6:16:59 PM

3. NIKE is his sponsor.

Posted by: Jacques Rosas | May 15, 2012 6:21:56 PM

4. Two of his sponsors are Nike and Visa. I just emailed them both.

Posted by: Wisebear | May 15, 2012 6:23:06 PM

5. yeah, we're talking very small penis syndrome here.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | May 15, 2012 6:24:21 PM

6. I'm sure he has a very high IQ.

Posted by: Damien | May 15, 2012 6:24:58 PM

7. Nike should cut all ties with this guy since he thinks all gay people should be put to death. Tattoo’d much you hypocrite, “Do not cut your bodies for the dead or put tattoo marks on yourselves. I am the LORD.” — Leviticus 19:28
    God must smite you dead as you walk down a street but instead God is off killing 35,000 people today because he doesn’t want to them to have food to live. Catholics need to clean their own house of child rapist before thinking they are HIGH & MIGHTY to control everyone. Just so you know Manny, this is the USA, marriage licenses are issued by the state, not the church. NO religion is necessary for a marriage to be legal, valid or recognized. I could give a rats ass what the Pope thinks since per the 1st Amendment of the USA, neither he nor the Vatican create law in this country.

Posted by: Skooter McGoo | May 15, 2012 6:35:18 PM

8. Quoting that stone-age drivel in the UK would be enough to get him charged with incitement to violence ... that's the bit about murdering gay people isn't it? Sounds an awful little thug to me.

Posted by: coemgenus | May 15, 2012 6:37:14 PM

9. I'm definitely not surprised to see him make this statement. He's been very religious ever since he came on the scene and he's also a current congressman in the Philippines with its implicit acknowledgment that it is a "Christian" nation. And as a boxer of Filipino descent, he is akin to God in quite a few places.
    Having read the Filipino-American newspapers recently with his next fight coming up, he's definitely ratcheting up the god talk even more, even if he claims that his prayer sessions are "non-denominational" and "anyone" can attend...

As a Filipino-American, gay man, not indoctrinated (forcibly or otherwise) into any religion, he annoys me more often than not with his statements. Even his last two fights were not even worth pirating.

Posted by: DK | May 15, 2012 6:37:34 PM

10. Leviticus also forbids tattoos

Posted by: Steve | May 15, 2012 6:41:45 PM

11. Boxer and politician, nuff said ... Philippines is a nice country, doesn't have the fault for this clown

Posted by: Marc | May 15, 2012 6:53:51 PM

12. Funny how he doesnt care about the tattoos, shaving and cotton blend abominations.

Posted by: Michael | May 15, 2012 6:59:40 PM

13. I'll bet he eats shellfish, too.

Love that bible--it's such a fun Chinese menu!

Posted by: Sean in Dallas | May 15, 2012 7:07:29 PM

14. Excuse me - we are being taught morality by a man who has made a living off of people gambling on his ass!?

Really?

Posted by: Jay | May 15, 2012 7:14:34 PM

15. I just read he cheats on his wife so f#ck him

Leveticus 20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.

Posted by: Michael | May 15, 2012 7:15:18 PM

16. I have a bet with anyone who says let's follow Leveticus and kill homosexualsn. I say let's have at it but let's start from chapter 1 and if there is anyone still alive that thinks homosexuals should he killed via Levetical law then I will be the first one to go.

Posted by: Michael | May 15, 2012 7:19:48 PM

17. He also does ads for HP.

Posted by: Dean | May 15, 2012 7:20:45 PM

18. I'm a gay Filipino-Canadian & I was deeply offended when a Nike salesman assumed I was a fan of this idiot. I'm even more dismayed when my parents & the Filipino community worship him. I hate that the Catholic church have so much influence on Filipinos, even the gay ones. That's why a lot of North American Filipinos don't get along with the new immigrants. Just sad.

Posted by: Scar2 | May 15, 2012 7:26:21 PM

19. I'm a gay Filipino-Canadian & I was deeply offended when a Nike salesman assumed I was a fan of this idiot. I'm even more dismayed when my parents & the Filipino community worship him. I hate that the Catholic church have so much influence on Filipinos, even the gay ones. That's why a lot of North American Filipinos don't get along with the new immigrants. Just sad.

Posted by: Scar2 | May 15, 2012 7:26:23 PM

20. Seriously, dude?

Posted by: Matt | May 15, 2012 7:29:37 PM

21. Total Jerk! http://tinyurl.com/d3h8vb3

Posted by: Derek Washington | May 15, 2012 7:35:57 PM

22. Now who really cares what this Third World illiterate has to say!

Posted by: Brains | May 15, 2012 7:39:38 PM

23. Manny Pacquiao has a big new deal with Nike that was announced just a couple of weeks ago. I sent Nike a message telling them I WILL BOYCOTT any a brand that associates with a spokesman who spews hate. I recommend more people do the same...

Posted by: Rob | May 15, 2012 7:48:00 PM

24. The Catholic church has led a new cleanse of gay stuff in Philippines. A friend of mine who goes there regularly says there were once several gay magazines in the Philippines in the line of Instinct or Out. they are no longer on sale in public in even the most liberal parts of manila. Friends of Jinky say Manny is dimwitted and has a miniscule penis, yet she loves, loves his money (which is an unbelievable fortune there), as do his groupie whores.

Posted by: Jesse | May 15, 2012 7:50:29 PM

25. "only if they so are in love with each other"???!!

Dude obviously hasn't read the scripture. The bible promotes marriage as a proper bartering of property. Women were VERY often treated as property and subservient to the will of the man... who, by the way, was sanctioned to have many wives and concubines.

Posted by: sparks | May 15, 2012 8:05:44 PM