Charles Worley | Evangelical Christians | Evangelicals | News | North Carolina

BigGayDeal.com

Members of Pastor Worley's Church Back His Call to Kill Gays: VIDEO

Sms

WCNC spoke to a few members of Pastor Charles Worley's Providence Road Baptist Church, asking them if they backed Worley's sermon advocating the imprisonment and killing of gays and lesbians within an electricified fence.

Said church member Geneva Sims: “He had every right to say what he said about putting them in a pen and giving them food. The Bible says they are worthy of death. He is preaching God’s word.”

Another, Stacey Pritchard, agreed: “Sometimes you’ve got to be scared straight. He is trying to save those people from Hell.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. we live in an odd world. pastor worley may have run behind the barn and transformed into geneva sims

Posted by: khan | May 22, 2012 10:39:37 PM

2. There's a reason it's called a flock... The ignorant leading the stupid.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | May 22, 2012 10:40:50 PM

3. This guy and anyone who believes the vomit he is speaking need to get a clue.

Posted by: Chuck B. | May 22, 2012 10:41:27 PM

4. Can we all chip in and buy them a one way ticket on a rocket to heaven?

Posted by: Richard | May 22, 2012 10:44:01 PM

5. The scary part is they actually believe this real and have no idea what there preaching is HATE.
    the GLBT community lost a humiliating round in NC and it make our work there much more harder.

VOTE 2012!!!!!

Posted by: Xzavier | May 22, 2012 10:44:06 PM

6. Let's send Alan down to talk to these people since he defends all christians so much.

Posted by: PDX Guy | May 22, 2012 10:44:44 PM

7. The very sad part of this is that these women will be able to go about their daily lives among their neighbors and in their community feeling no shame and no one will shun them.

Posted by: Tim NC | May 22, 2012 10:45:37 PM

8. Degenerates, hicks, inbreds, blah blah blah.

When are we going to wake up and take these people seriously?

When are we going to educate them, and their children (yes, they have them), so that the cycle of BS can be broken?

Sometimes I wonder if, in our blind rage, we ca be our own worst enemy.

So we're supposed to show them the "proper" way to have the values they claim to have, and that proper way is to... act worse than them??

Come on people.

Posted by: Greg | May 22, 2012 10:50:38 PM

9. yes, calling someone degenerate, hick, and inbred is far worse than advocating for extermination camps. we must politely march to the death camp.

Posted by: James | May 22, 2012 10:56:40 PM

10. And they wonder why the Romans fed "Christians" to the lions.

Posted by: J. Page | May 22, 2012 10:57:18 PM

11. I hate guns, but I'll tell you this much, when they come for me I'll go down in a blaze of fire and take as many as I can. If I'm going to hell then by God I'll make sure there are plenty of them there with me.

Posted by: Macmantoo | May 22, 2012 11:01:10 PM

12. Sims and Pritchard are indicative of women who fear men who engage in same-sex activity. They fear them because such men represent competition for the affections of their husbands and boyfriends.

Ugly, ugly women. Now go back to the kitchen, girls. After all, the Bible says you must be obedient to men.

Posted by: bruce | May 22, 2012 11:05:30 PM

13. Here's a wickedly beautiful way to respond to this kind of hate:

Posted by: MArk Sandlin | May 22, 2012 11:06:50 PM

14. James, does it make any sense at all to you that we have to rise above this garbage, that we have a responsibility to do the right thing and convince them through education or example that we aren't The Boogey Man?

Or are you just ranting and raving on a message board? (Which is cool, just wondering)

I'm about solutions.

Posted by: Greg | May 22, 2012 11:08:51 PM

15. I am so concerned for their children. These people are obviously unfit to be parents and their children -- gay or straight -- are not safe in these hate-filled homes. Child Protective Services should be called in. But, alas, I know that the truth of the matter is that these horrible animals receive the approval of their communities and their hate is supported by the larger system. It's terrifying and sad beyond words that there are innocent children trapped with these savages.

Posted by: kit | May 22, 2012 11:10:01 PM

16. I was a bit surprised yesterday to see that none of this pastor's parishioners walked out when he started spewing that hate. Now I know why nobody walked out. Makes it even sadder. I would have preferred to believe that they simply lacked the courage to defy their pastor.

Posted by: Jacoby | May 22, 2012 11:13:27 PM

17. Wouldn't be a bit surprised if Geneva Sims casually tosses the "N word" around when she's among family and friends.

We'd all be better off if the South and its inbred, ignorant white trash and it's gullible black christianists HAD seceded.

Posted by: ByTheBay | May 22, 2012 11:17:35 PM

18. @Greg
    I like your idea of setting a good example. I also see that james may not be ranting and raving. I see at least another alternative. James may be advocating that because these people are on the wrong side of history we can safely resort to ad hominem because we don't have to reason with them. They simply lose. They will continue to believe what they want and be left behind by the 21 century.
    I avoid ad hominem. I see nothing wrong with it if you are not in debate other than it is pointless venting. These people can't be debated with as they are not open to reason. Why not let James and others vent?

Posted by: NullNaught | May 22, 2012 11:18:02 PM

19. Most of these churches are spiritually abusive. Any dissent and disagreement with the pastor is punished. Disagreeing with the pastor is actually THE greatest sin as it's a threat to their absolute authority and control. Calling it "slander" and "gossiping" is very common. If anyone spoke out, they'd at least be talked to by him and his inner circle. If they continued to speak up, they'd be bullied, ostracized, shunned and eventually kicked out

Posted by: Steve | May 22, 2012 11:29:17 PM

20. I'm from there, but I've not been back since my mother's funeral. Bless those who stay and fight.

I wish I could get rid of the accent.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | May 23, 2012 12:02:18 AM

21. Please understand, This man in no way speaks as a person who has Christ in his soul. The Bible even talks about his 'kind' who profess love for God, but God is knowhere near him in Matthew 7:22-23.

God loves you more than you'll EVER know.

Posted by: RQC | May 23, 2012 12:10:59 AM

22. If this person said this on open, over-the-air TV, then shouldn't the FCC be involved? Is there any sanction for hate speech on on-the-air TV?

Could this speech be a hate crime? Could this guy be opening himself and the church to liability if someone does get hurt because of a hate crime?

Posted by: Mark Allyn | May 23, 2012 12:13:49 AM

23. And there you have it, folks. The congregation. Preachers aren't that brave or imaginative. They only preach what their members want to hear. So, he gave the homophobes what they wanted and now they're rising to his defense.

Posted by: Nino | May 23, 2012 12:14:25 AM

24. Don't censor these hate filled bigots. Give them a pulpit. Let them speak. Hopefully reason prevails?

Posted by: Bri | May 23, 2012 12:22:19 AM

25. These people are perfect examples of why those who criticize using Leviticus hypocracy as a basis for disputing religious objections to homosexuality are so wrong. Jesus made the OT restrictions irrelevant? Preach that to this choir.

Posted by: TJ | May 23, 2012 12:46:47 AM