New York | News | The Outs

BigGayDeal.com

The Outs, Episode 2: VIDEO

Outs2

Here's episode 2 of the new web series The Outs, about (gay) life in NYC. Although, if you missed it, you may want to start with Episode 1.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I'm just going to throw this out there:

I really don't care a bit about gay life in NYC.

Posted by: PDX Guy | May 25, 2012 6:12:43 PM

2. Not bad! Anyone know when the third episode will be available? What was written on the website made it seem as if it's already been made...

Posted by: Ethan | May 25, 2012 6:20:18 PM

3. Are we done obsessing about New York yet? There are one or two other places in the world that haven't been the setting for hundreds of TV and film projects yet.

Posted by: scientitian | May 25, 2012 6:38:44 PM

4. I like these.

Posted by: SteveC | May 25, 2012 6:45:35 PM

5. the stubbly guy is a total cutie.

Posted by: allan | May 25, 2012 6:54:44 PM

6. I quite liked both episodes. I love what a bastard Jack is. Also, the boy with the stubble is crazy hot. And PDX, make a show about Portland if you're so put off by one set in NYC. These episodes don't seem too heavy on the "only in New York" stuff-- they seem to be about any Gen Xers/Gen Yers in any non-rural area of the Western world.

Posted by: Derek Pearce | May 25, 2012 6:55:47 PM

7. I'm liking the series so far. I just don't get the attitude of objecting to the New York setting? Do you folks also get pissed when almost every tv show in history takes place in Los Angeles? Does it double kill you when a show like Mad Men is set in New York, but films in Los Angeles?

Low-budget filmmakers have to make do with where they are. Sometimes they can make their local location seem like somewhere else, but why often bother? And guess what? Most creative types operate out of New York or L.A. So this particular, very promising (imo) series about some gay people is going to ostensibly be about either the L.A. or NYC gay scene, ok?

That all said, I'm liking this show so far. I hope they don't add too many characters, but I DO hope the guy picked up outside the Metropolitan turns out to be a regular. I like him a lot.

And I enjoyed the second episode even more than the first. I hope they are able to continue.

Posted by: Zlick | May 25, 2012 6:56:13 PM

8. I think this is just awesome and the characters are well written, acted and their pretty to look at. Why the hell isn't this on t.v.? That ending was just sweet. I live in Austin and I don't think it matters what City it's set in, it rings true.

Posted by: RONTEX | May 25, 2012 7:03:24 PM

9. Are there more???

Posted by: Marky | May 25, 2012 7:13:05 PM

10. Pretty much you wouldn't be able to tell that this was set in New York if the subway wasn't out in that one scene.

I love the nerdy gay.

Posted by: RandySf | May 25, 2012 7:16:56 PM

11. This isn't just about New York. You can find losers like this anywhere.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 25, 2012 7:19:09 PM

12. "You can find losers like this anywhere."

Perfect people make for poor comedy.

Posted by: Zlick | May 25, 2012 7:32:59 PM

13. I live in Chicago, and this is just fabulous. The comedy is golden, and the meatier bits feel just as earned.

Posted by: Michael | May 25, 2012 7:49:40 PM

14. Howdy, RONTEX! I'm a fellow Austinite and I love this stuff. Good writing and acting, gay characters that aren't a walking stereotype - I'm sold.

Posted by: Nathan | May 25, 2012 8:04:41 PM

15. HBO should pick up The Outs and dump Girls. Outs is just so much better.

Posted by: Phoenix Justice | May 25, 2012 8:14:54 PM

16. The Outs is Girls with Dicks.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 25, 2012 8:44:41 PM

17. It's pretty well done for a web series, but I find the "poisonous" ex-boyfriend Jack poorly acted. He gives off a serial killer vibe with his dead eyes and wooden acting. The nerdy guy and his friend Oona (cool name) are pretty funny. Even if they're storylines have been played out by every queer movie/tv show...ever.

Not trying to be bitchy. I actually enjoyed both webisodes (though I had to skip over Jack's parts in the 2nd one) and am looking forward to the 3rd.

Posted by: Leonard | May 25, 2012 8:45:58 PM

18. I am enjoying this series a lot. Its well done.

Posted by: Davelandia | May 25, 2012 8:57:31 PM

19. Mr. Ehrenstein, is it old age that makes you so bitter? I pray to God that I'm not that bitter when I'm old and gray, maybe the fact that you never had a family is your problem...Anyways as for this show, it's okay, definitely watchable, but not great.

Posted by: Pedro | May 25, 2012 9:28:06 PM

20. i'm hooked.

Posted by: KDNA | May 25, 2012 9:49:23 PM

21. Love the out-takes even. And the stubbly guy is listed in the cast as "Scruffy." I only hope that's his real name.

Posted by: Bingo | May 25, 2012 9:54:49 PM

22. At work so can't play the video. Are there any people of color in this? I'm hoping!

Posted by: AB | May 25, 2012 10:13:40 PM

23. Howdy back Nathan. You wouldn't be Nathan Manske by chance?

Posted by: RONTEX | May 25, 2012 10:32:11 PM

24. I kinda liked it. Stubby is soo cute. When and how often do they come out?

Posted by: Bernie | May 25, 2012 10:44:27 PM

25. Wow. That's what "gay life" is, huh? Hmmm, I'm 43 and have been gay and out & proud since birth and have lived in San Francisco, Miami, Fort Lauderdale, and Provincetown, and I've known thousands of other gay people - and one thing we all have in common is that "gay life" consists of getting up in the morning, showering and brushing our teeth, getting dressed and going to work, coming home and having dinner, and maybe going out for entertainment once in a while, and hoping to one day fall in love and settle down. Some of these people were whores (sleeping around), most were ordinary guys who hated sleeping around and wanted real love. These smut shows like THE OUTS are totally unrealistic and demonstrates a "gay lifestyle" that exists only in the minds of the scrip writers. Which is really a pity because the heteros have launched a war against gays precisely BECAUSE they shows like this confir their false belief that homosexual life is like this filth.

Posted by: Jim | May 25, 2012 10:45:02 PM