New York | News | The Outs

The Outs, Episode 2: VIDEO

Outs2

Here's episode 2 of the new web series The Outs, about (gay) life in NYC. Although, if you missed it, you may want to start with Episode 1.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. This is a great web series and I'm really, really enjoying it. Thank you, Towleroad!

I watched episode two and the ending was so pleasant - had to watch that last minute or so over again. The song paired with that scene was a great choice. I ended up Googling the song. It turns out it's a cover by Chris Rubeo called Lover's Spit (originally sung by Broken Social Scene). I like Chris Rubeo's version better.

Google "Lover's Spit Chris Rubeo" - it should be the top link if anyone is interested in free music. His cover is a free download plus he's got an EP available for download for free too!

Woohoo! New artists + free music = awesomeness.

Posted by: JAMES | May 26, 2012 11:13:09 PM

2. @PDX GUY: And I'll just throw this out there: I really don't care a bit that you really don't care a bit about gay life in NYC.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 27, 2012 12:30:32 PM

3. It's fiction, people, not a reality show or a documentary.

Who wants to look at people tripping over each other in ratty apartments?

I found both episodes to be entertaining. It is supposed to be entertainment, right?

I, for one, make that a couple of million, love New York.

Posted by: AG | May 27, 2012 12:42:42 PM

4. You know there *is* a show about Portland....

Anyway the sexual activity isn't an exclusively queer habit- there are a lot of het 20 somethings status post sexual revolution that don't have much intention of settling down and setting up shop until later in life. Maybe it's an age thing, maybe it's an upper middle class urban liberal thing, but it isn't just a queer thing.

Posted by: MaddM@ | May 27, 2012 1:58:49 PM

5. Boring; Silly Script; Too many vulgarities; It may appeal to some people.

Posted by: Jerry6 | May 27, 2012 8:22:40 PM

6. Gays: PLEASE do not let any strait friends see these. It will confirm their belief that Gays are a subspecies of Tennessee hillbillies.

Posted by: Jerry6 | May 27, 2012 8:29:24 PM

7. Both episodes were excellent! Really funny and touching in a weird way. I hope he can continue making this series...

Posted by: cdubois | May 30, 2012 3:32:55 PM

8. What kind of jealousy is it that makes people oppose this sitcom simply because it's set in NYC? Does that location make people less human, there situations less likely, their lives more unreal? I live in frickin' Madison, Wisconsin. (No, I don't own a cow.) And I'm pretty sure that I have friends similar, in some ways, to these twinks from the Big Apple. People are people.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | Jun 21, 2012 7:27:44 PM

9. These apartments in Manhattan would go for like $6000 or more a month. What are these people supposed to be doing for a living?

Posted by: KD | Jul 8, 2012 3:38:43 AM

10. It's one thing for a big budget network show to get the housing way wrong (like famously Friends) but odd for a little indie. I'm a lot older than these people but work closely (a lot of on and off the job social interaction) in NYC with all ages including 20 somethings. All college and graduate degree types. Guess what, the straight guys and women are mostly at least as much whores and big time drinkers as these people are so far. Did everyone not see either or both Queer as Folk series?

A few bits in this were too obvious but on the whole pretty charming so far for what it is.

Posted by: emjayay | Apr 1, 2013 11:04:27 PM

11. Oh, "vulgarities"? I didn't even notice any. Again, watch and listen to real 20 somethings sometime.

Posted by: emjayay | Apr 1, 2013 11:06:08 PM