Gay Marriage | Kiss | News | Will Smith

BigGayDeal.com

Will Smith Shoves, Slaps Male Reporter for Kissing Him: VIDEO

Smith

Will Smith was not happy to be the target of a Ukrainian reporter's kiss on the red carpet of Men in Black 3, TMZ reports:

The Ukrainian reporter tries to kiss Will on the lips on the red carpet and the actor angrily pushes him away and then backhands him across the face. You can clearly see that Will is incredibly pissed that the guy showed overt affection toward him.

After Will slaps the guy, Will says, "He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him."

We're told the dude who kissed Will is a television reporter who often kisses celebrities -- it's his schtick.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

In other news, Smith recently offered his support for Obama's endorsement of marriage equality, according to the AP:

The Hollywood actor says the question of whether gay people should be allowed to legally marry is “about semantics.” He told reporters in Berlin on Monday that “if anybody can find someone to love them and to help them through this difficult thing that we call life, I support that in any shape or form.” Still, Smith says the president’s support for gay marriage was a “brave” move in an election year.

Comments

1. I hate how most people assume support for marriage equality = support for gay people.

Most of the homophobes I know support marriage, but they still hate gay people. They just feel that we can do whatever we want as long as it isn't around them.

Posted by: Cory | May 18, 2012 4:50:04 PM

2. Well I would probably do the same thing... at least if I didn't know who the hell he was.

Posted by: Benjamin M | May 18, 2012 4:52:59 PM

3. is it just me or did he just give him a kiss on both cheeks? gay panic much?

Posted by: Brian | May 18, 2012 4:53:51 PM

4. The reporter got what he deserved. He assaulted Smith first and Smith had the right to respond. You can't presume this was a homophobic act.

Posted by: Marc | May 18, 2012 4:54:16 PM

5. C'mon, the reporter was completely out of line. Has nothing to do with gay panic.

Posted by: busytimmy | May 18, 2012 4:55:04 PM

6. This was clearly inappropriate behavior by the reporter and has nothing to do with being gay, straight, supportive of gay marriage or anything else. I'm a gay man and I don't want some strange guy trying to kiss me. The reporter should be barred from such events if he's attacking the folks on the red carpet.

Posted by: Nick | May 18, 2012 4:55:22 PM

7. I would have hit him too.

Posted by: Alan E. | May 18, 2012 4:57:00 PM

8. The slap was warranted.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | May 18, 2012 4:57:02 PM

9. It looks like Will let him kiss his cheeks, he just got angry when the "reporter" went in for the lips....

Posted by: Greg | May 18, 2012 4:58:52 PM

10. The guy aggressively kissed him on the cheeks and tried to go for the mouth. It was more invasive than the standard European cheek kiss, but Will Smith overreacted to it immensely by hitting the guy. It'd be the same if the guy put his hand on Will's arm, and Will punched him in the shoulder. Not cool at all.

Posted by: Djeip | May 18, 2012 4:59:17 PM

11. You don't have the right to invade someone's space and kiss them. The reporter was way out of line.

Posted by: David in Houston | May 18, 2012 5:01:29 PM

12. To you people saying he deserved the slap, get real. Even if you label what the reporter did an assault, the measure of Will's response far exceeds the initial act. What the guy deserved was to be pushed back as he was, not also smacked in the face.

Posted by: Djeip | May 18, 2012 5:01:46 PM

13. If that had been a woman, the reporter could have been charged with sexual assault. I have no problem with Smith defending himself, and his response was in no way excessive.

Posted by: The Milkman | May 18, 2012 5:05:12 PM

14. Bad obnoxious behavior should not be tolerant, period and not rationalized because it was done by someone presumably gay. And, too equate Smith's reaction to "not supporting gay people" is nonsensical.

Posted by: Belthazar | May 18, 2012 5:05:30 PM

15. There is a difference between supporting gay people and gay marriage and having a problem with being sexually assaulted.

Posted by: Jose | May 18, 2012 5:06:53 PM

16. would a gay man slap a woman if she tries to kiss him ?

would will smith slap the reporter if she is a woman ?

is that homophobic ?

Posted by: Malaysian Ho | May 18, 2012 5:07:49 PM

17. o haha, just saw the video. it wasnt a slap.
    forgiven.

Posted by: Malaysian Ho | May 18, 2012 5:08:52 PM

18. I think I'd have shared the same reaction, lol.

Posted by: Cecilfirefox | May 18, 2012 5:09:46 PM

19. Great so nice good spot!

Posted by: custom research paper | May 18, 2012 5:10:45 PM

20. I'd have slapped the reporter too if I didn't know him.

would a gay man slap a woman if she tries to kiss him?

If I didn't know the woman, then let's just say that I would hope that said woman has some friends around

Posted by: Chitown Kev | May 18, 2012 5:13:57 PM

21. He pushed him and barely even hit him, the reporter is smiling afterward. I probably would have done exactly the same thing if someone walked up to me and tried to kiss me. I fail to see how this qualifies as homophobia at all.

Posted by: Blake | May 18, 2012 5:14:47 PM

22. This has nothing to do with homophobia. I'm gay and would have shoved the reporter too. Unwelcome kisses and inappropriate touching amount to assault--gay or straight.

Posted by: grench | May 18, 2012 5:15:31 PM

23. How is that homophobic? I'm a woman and I would totally slap a man who tried to kiss me out of nowhere like that.

Posted by: A | May 18, 2012 5:16:04 PM

24. Be serious. Will Smith is married. He's got a family. If some stranger, regardless of profession or gender tried to force a kiss on my mouth, I'd clock them too, for the sake of MY husband.

Posted by: Joey Y | May 18, 2012 5:17:12 PM

25. I fail to see the link with Will Smith slapping this reporter and his support for gay marriage. Can someone explain to me why Andy would put those two things together, if not to create drama?? Really Andy!!!!

Posted by: Kranbree | May 18, 2012 5:20:33 PM