Anti-Gay School Bullies Leave Brooklyn Teen Blind in One Eye

Ulysse

Kardin Ulysse, a teenager from Brooklyn, was attacked on June 5 in the cafeteria at Roy H. Mann Junior High School in Bergen Beach as bullies yelled anti-gay epithets. He is now blind in his left eye even after two surgeries, the NY Daily News reports:

“The doctor says he needs a transplant,” Pierre Ulysse said. “For me to send him to school with two eyes and come back with one eye is really absurd.

“I want the world to know about this,” he added.

Kardin, an eighth-grader, was set upon by a pair of seventh-graders who were calling him a “f—–g f—-t,” a “p—-,” a “transvestite” and “gay,” according to a Department of Education occurrence report.

While one schoolmate pinned the victim’s arms, the other rained punches on Kardin’s face, head and neck.

Kardin broke away and the fight continued in the cafeteria until school safety officers and school aides finally intervened. The boy’s family has retained lawyer Sanford Rubenstein, who will file a notice Tuesday to sue the city for $16 million for failing to properly supervise the students.

The two alleged bullies are minors. An upgrade of the charges to felony hate crimes is being investigated.

It's not the first time, Kardin told the paper:

Kardin, who now wears a bandage over his right eye, said he had informed a Roy H. Mann dean that he had been a victim of bullying at the school for some time. Last October, another thug attacked him and tried to steal his school lunch money.

Comments

1. Dave says

2. KuMiCu says

In the real world, anybody who assaults another person is arrested. We, as a civilized society, need to start arresting these bullies – it’s assault period. I don’t care if it happened on a school campus or in a church, it’s assault. I have a hard time believing most schools do not have security cameras in place especially since Columbine High Massacre incident, these bullies pounded this kid and it took forever for the teachers and security people to come to Kardin’s aide. I hate to say this but more lawsuits are needed for schools to start taking bullying seriously and not look the other way. Some teachers and theprincipal need to be fired for failing to protect Kardin.

3. Sethboy says

I think he should also sue his attackers – for civil rights violations – they have deprived him of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness by causing a disabling and disfiguring injury that limits his potential in life. Sue the sh*t out of them – it won’t bring back the poor boy’s sight, but it might shine more attention on the issue.

4. says

arresting them would be great but that will not happen. You’ll have some bleeding hearts crying about how they are children and need to be understood and loved.

Parents need to teach their kids to fight back and if out numbered grab a brick or bat or whatever and don’t stop swinging til they go down.

5. Rick says

You know, as tragic as this incident is, it is really nothing out of the ordinary in some inner-city black neighborhoods. Just look at what has happened in Chicago the last two weekends–dozens of young people killed…and few of them were gay or the victims of homophobia.

I hardly think that filing lawsuits is going to solve the underlying factors that are the cause of this violence (and the virulent strain of homophobia that is endemic in such neighborhoods).

6. MarkUs says

I’m not positive but I’m pretty sure referring to school students as “thugs” in a news story is quite racist.

7. KIM says

Yeah Rick like the homophobia that runs through the community that caused those guys to kill Matthew Shephard in Wyoming. Why do white people hate Gays, Rick?

8. says

Rick…it’s endemic everywhere, not just “those” neighborhoods. In fact, I would suggest that it’s just as bad, but slightly more hidden, in predominantly white suburbs. I would know since I work for a school district that currently has one of the most bigoted school board member(s)I’ve ever known about.

As for comments that it’s the Christian’s fault…I actually think it’s extremist religions’ faults. Almost every major religion practiced in the WORLD has an extreme faction that pushes an anti-gay and, frankly, anti-woman agenda. The more rights we have recognized the harder they push back. They ARE in fact the “mentor” bullies of the world. They are voicing and pushing their fear based agenda so hard now because they are afraid to lose their status and whatever their identity is that’s all mixed up in it. We, the sane people of the world, just need to continue to find strength and resolve to not back down.

And yes, when child bullies lay hands on their peers, it’s still assault and they should still be arrested. Also, quite frankly, their parents need to face charges with their minor children…not sure that idea will fly, but that’s my opinion.

9. LiamB says

You’re right, Rick. Better they do nothing at all, you know, since it won’t lead to a revolution. SMH

10. ratbastard says

ANY boy who is effete or just ‘mild’ mannered is going to have a hard time in ‘inner city’ [READ: Majority minority ‘poor’ neighborhoods], regardless of so-called race, ethnicity, sexual orientation [they of course will be called f#g and f#ggot regardless if they are gay or not].

11. says

Ratbastard…that’s not the only viable solution. In fact, it would continue a very BAD precedence that would give POWER to the oppressors by reinforcing their behaviors. They WANT the thing they fear to be sent away. The result would be BLAMING THE VICTIM. The answer is unfortunately very simple in theory and very difficult in practice and that’s the hold the offenders and their parents accountable. There is currently a movement called “Restorative Practices” that is beginning to make a difference where it being used. It has been used around the world in schools and in prisons. It is an effective way to not only hold the offenders and their parents accountable, but also it begins the difficult work of teaching empathy. Look it up, I think you’ll see that as much more useful than to “send all the weird kids away for their own safety.”

12. Rick says

@THEWEYRD1

More PC nonsense from the Far Left.

But don’t listen to me. Listen to the people who actually live in such neighborhoods, as in this article that is the lead story this morning on left-leaning MSNBC’s website. It totally contradicts everything any of you are claiming and demonstrates how white Leftists are so obsessed with trying to avoid being “racist” and so desperate to blame all problems on white “Christians” rather than on the real causes, that they manufacture causes that bear no relation whatsoever to actual reality.

A key quote:

“Leak believes the solution to reducing the incidence of murder is multifaceted, adding that police are doing all they can. But he cites a lack of religious upbringing among many of today’s young black men as a major factor in the plague of violence.

“We’ve got to start trying to get these kids into some type of church setting,” he said. “We’ve got to preach to kids and try to show them what they’re doing is wrong.”

13. MaddM@ says

“Blacks…Who Care’s…”
    I hope english isn’t your first language because an apostrophe belongs nowhere near those words

14. Polyboy says

It isn’t PC calling a racist a racist, especially when you demonstrate it day in and day out for years.

Racist is what racist does Forest.

15. Michaelandfred says

Call 911. There’s not a kid in the country without a cell phone. As soon as they feel scared, call 911. Let the police start responding to hundreds of calls a day and these bullies, their parents, school administrations and anyone else will start taking notice. If this happened in a mall we’d tell kids to call 911, why not at school? This kid was beaten and lost an eye! Is that not worth a 911 call?

A national “call 911 on bullies” campaign. Minors have rights as well.

16. ratbastard says

You know, every time somebody fake trolls [the boy who cried wolf ring a bell?] it makes it more difficult to combat the real ‘haters’.

17. Arrant says

“…white Leftists are so obsessed with trying to avoid being “racist” and so desperate to blame all problems on white “Christians” rather than on the real causes, that they manufacture causes that bear no relation whatsoever to actual reality.”

Amen. Exactly.

18. says

Rick…you think you know more than I without knowing me. And for the record, while I work for a predominantly white suburban school, I have been assigned to a charter school system in the inner city where I’ve worked for the better part of 20 years. So YES, I know the stats and I know what’s going on…what MOST people don’t know is the problem with bullies is everywhere and just as bad in the white suburbs. However, I’ll concede that there may be less maiming and killing DIRECTLY. But ya know, gay kids (and other “weird” kids) in the burbs die pretty frequently. We call it “suicide by bully.”

As for other issues in the black neighborhoods not related to gay bashing, yes there are big problems. I would suggest that it’s not specifically due to being BLACK but being poor…just happens that due to the culture of racism, a large amount of people of color (that would include ALL colors, not just black) are systemically and culturally denied access to quality education and jobs… And there are far too many other factors to be able to comment eloquently on this topic in a comment section. Also, the lack of RELIGION isn’t an answer to the failures in society. It isn’t THE answer to fixing the ills of society either. The commonality among strong families (any version of bonded unit) and their well behaved children is shared values and a sense of belonging to the community at large. Yes, churches and other religious institutions can provide the structure for this, but those are not the only option. It’s another form of bullying, by people who think they know better, to suggest there is only ONE way to achieve a goal.

19. ratbastard says

@polyboy,

All depends on the definition of ‘racist’. Just pointing out that there’s a HUGE violent crime problem in the so-called black community and especially among young black males [and that official police, FBI and DOJ stats fully back this up, going back decades] DOESN’T make someone a racist.

20. Luke says

Christian? Actually Jesus teaches His followers that those who live by the sword shall die by the sword, and that we must turn the other cheek when we are attacked. Jesus further taught us “do not repay evil with evil” and to love our enemies. So, Jesus, Who defines Christianity, has nothing to do with this attack.

21. Polyboy says

Numbers exist in a vacuum without context and discussing the context isn’t “PC” it is proper analysis and you simply use the numbers to reinforce your points without contextual analysis drawing causative assumptions that in the end only represent purest sophistry.

Of course some people like sophistry, it makes them feel better about their conclusions.

22. Polyboy says

*apologies for the mis-post hit the wrong button before*

Those numbers exist in a vacuum without context. Discussing the context isn’t “PC” it is proper analysis.

You simply use the numbers to reinforce your points without contextual analysis, drawing causative assumptions that in the end only represent purest sophistry.

23. Rick says

Ratbastard and I know what we’re talking about. Blacks and liberals are the reason our dads didn’t love us.

24. says

This happened in a school cafeteria ?
    What a commentary on US schools.
    So make Education a Federal and Ministerial responsibility, with central funding for all education at elementary and High School levels…..with special funds for deprived or underachieving schools and with appropriate support programmes.

And YES, increase taxes as much as necessary to fund such a Department of Education so that all schools in all districts receive all necessary good teachers…….and have a Federal Inspection and monitoring programme to ensure standards are maintained throughout all States.
    More funding; more taxes….. It’s the social contract…….and if the well-off don’t live up to their obligations they should not whine when the place burns down.

25. ratbastard says

@TheWeyrd1,

PLEASE stop saying black folks or other ‘minorities’ [with actually probably the sole exception of homosexuals who are denied some rights under the law] are oppressed or denied their rights under the law in America. 100% false. In fact, for the past half century, ‘minorities’ [and the definition of who is a ‘minority’ has expanded far beyond black Americans who were discriminated badly in the past] have been given legal rights and privileges beyond what non-minorities receive. TRILLIONS have been spent over the past 50 years in America on social services and other programs, many designed specifically for ‘oppressed’ minorities, to help them achieve and advance.

The main problem specifically among African Americans [especially native born black Americans] AS A GROUP [NOT individually, of course there are MANY ‘average’ and highly successful and stable black people] is the almost complete destruction of the black family unit [a married mom and dad with jobs who can take care of their kids with little of no help from social services], and this was caused by our LBJ welfare state and it’d regulations and rules regarding single women with children. And of course, boys especially need a strong responsible man [preferably their father] in their lives growing up. Woman, even moms, can not control young men once they reach puberty, that requires an adult man. So in effect, the current matriarchal family unit that’s dominant in black America is also primarily to blame for the many out of control young males.

26. Derrick from Philly says

“Numbers exist in a vacuum without context and discussing the context isn’t “PC” it is proper analysis…”

Thank you, POLYBOY.

There are people who don’t give a hoot about the horror and cruelty that happened to that boy. They love to point to the perpetrators and say, “see I toldya’ so”

27. ratbastard says

@JACKFKNTWIST,

Education in America is the responsibility of the individual states, which are semi-sovereign. The United States is a very big and very diverse country, and the central government [federal government] shares governing and power with the states. Education is usually funded through property taxes in America. I don’t know about anyone else, but property taxes where I live are pretty da*n high, and I certainly wouldn’t want them increased even more. Neither would I want to fund an additional FEDERAL Department of Education, which unfortunately already exists, but serves little of no purpose other than cost big $, because like I said, education is the responsibility of the individual states.

Finally, BIG, BIG sums of $ are spent on public education in America. If there’s a problem with it trickling down to the bottom, ask the [politically powerful] teacher’s unions and school districts where it goes, don’t demand more % and more taxes.

The U.S. is not a small, relatively homogeneous, boutique Euro state.

28. ratbastard says

@Derrick,

I care about that ‘boy’ and what happened to him. I for one never said or implied I didn’t.

29. says

Wow Rick…would YOU just stop already! I’d like to see the quote that shows that I said, “black folks or other ‘minorities’ are oppressed or denied their rights under the law in America.” Never said anyone was denied “rights under the law in America.” Denial “of access” to quality education and jobs exists and it exists culturally DESPITE the laws that exist in America. Good laws are important, but doesn’t guarantee that they will be followed uniformly.

I DID say that that there are oppressors. But you are extrapolating my use of that word to the context of “minorities” when I was referring to oppressors in the context of victims of bullying and Ratbastard’s suggestion that these victims be safely tucked away in a different school. His exact quote, “Honestly, big cities and school districts that can afford it should simply have a special school[s] for such kids so they can be left alone. I don’t like the idea of isolating people like this, but it’s really the only viable option.” I said “that’s not the only viable solution. In fact, it would continue a very BAD precedence that would give POWER to the oppressors by reinforcing their behaviors. They WANT the thing they fear to be sent away. The result would be BLAMING THE VICTIM.” By the way, the most common occurrence of “blaming the victim” is in the context of rape. So ya know, never mentioned “minorities” unless you consider women to be minorities. But, you probably don’t.

Bottom line, you can have your opinion, but I ask you to not twist my words in an effort to elevate your opinion by denigrating mine.

30. ratbastard says

@ TheWeyrd1,

WHY are we spending BIG $ on public education [on average MORE than what many good to excellent comparable private education in America, like Catholic schools, spend] if it’s still sh*tty and not ‘quality’? Where I live, beautiful brand new High schools have been built to replace older ones. Has this improved [for example] over-all test scores and created a ‘quality’ educational environment? Not really. The kids don’t exist in a vacuum outside of schools. They come from and grew up in a certain environment and culture. Blame primarily for most of their problems and difficulties dealing with life in a modern post industrial advance society lies at the foot of their home life and the environment they were raised in.

FYI:

I’m not ‘Rick’.

31. GeorgeM says

Rat here in ct our property taxs pay for some of our schools, federal money also pays. My opinion is we build to big. Schools run better when small and classes are small. In new London ct (a city) the avg class size it 24 to 1 teacher. That’s crazy!
    But it takes money to build more schools and hire more teachers and ya lol I don’t want my house taxes to go up!!

In my town, Waterford the class sizes are 17 to 1 not great but better and we have 3 grade schools the same as new London. I think that and other things make the difference. I’m not buying church will fix the prob but might help

32. says

Ratbastard…not sure why you’re asking ME that. I did not, in any of my comments, suggest throwing money at that or any other situation. Though you could have what I actually said confused with Rick’s twisted notion of what I said.

PS…I wasn’t thinking you and Rick were the same person. Glad to know you’re not. 😉

33. says

Ratbastard…Not sure why you’re asking ME that. I never suggested throwing money at that, or any other, situation. Though you might have what I actually said confused with Rick’s twisted notion of what I said.

PS…I wasn’t thinking you were the same person as Rick. Though it’s nice to know you aren’t. 😉

34. Moo says

An idea is an eye given by God for the seeing of God. Some of these eyes we cannot bear to look out of; we blind them as quickly as possible.
    -Russell Hoban

35. ratbastard says

@GeorgeM,

I certainly don’t think any church will fix the problem either; my point about Catholic schools is they generally do a good to excellent job of educating, better than the average comparable public school, and they do it with LESS funding than public schools receive. And yes, I know public schools must accept everybody.

As for federal funding, sure, the federal government doles out funds for ‘educational’ purposes. Generally, in order to receive such funding, you must conform to what the federal government claims is the correct way of doing things. In a manner of speaking, federal funding is a kind of bribe to get local/state institutions ignore or over-ride local/state ways of doing things, including laws. This is true in other federal funding programs, like law enforcement, who effectively over the past decade especially, have been bribed with all manner of goodies and funding to be federalized.

36. GeorgeM says

I agree. the church comment was in general, about attending church. I think private schools should be available to families. I personally would not send my child to a religious based school but private non religious sure.

I don’t know how my town would be able to run the schools with out public money and ya it comes with guidelines some I think are good.

I think schools are to big and overloaded and I think it breeds problems. That was my point. Communities are no longer involved in kids lives. I see that even here in my town, parents are busy and kids grow alone and with eachother

37. Hollywood, CA says

Troll = A person who posts negative comments on a blog just to get a rise out of other commenters.

Don’t Feed Trolls = Just like you wouldn’t engage a crap covered crazy on the street telling you the sky is falling, don’t bait these TROLLS on here by responding to their ludicrous rants. They’re not real people… their trolls. Skip to the next comment.

“And That’s One To Grow From…”

38. Francis says

Why oh way can’t the racists on this website decipher the difference between culture and race. It is so easy to say “they’re black” and jump on that as the reason incidents like this happen. But HELLO! Around 2/3s of kids say they are threatened in the school. Over 40% are scared to go to school daily. I read that there are kids who may be in gangs, who go to that school.

These facts are not racial. It’s a cultural phenomenon and a cultural problem, that leads to violence being out of control in the place where kids should feel safe to learn. Another family has sued the school in the past for doing nothing regarding the bullying their kid received. This is not a one time deal, obviously. The saying “the inmates are running the asylum at this school” fits here.

If you want to seek blame, look no further than the parental figures of these attackers, both at home and in school. THEY failed Kardin and they have failed the other kids in that school who fear for their livelihoods. And now they will be forced to pay. Hopefully Kardin’s parents sue the families of the two attackers as well, and the charges against these two attackers definitely need to be upgraded to hate crime status. A message has got to be sent here.

39. Randy says

A boy has lost his eyesight.

How did this become a racist discussion?

Criminal students need to be expelled and jailed, and their parents need to be held accountable for the damage they’ve done.

Some teachers and administrators need to lose their jobs.

40. Francis says

What also tends to be forgotten in cases like this are that a lot of people who take school administration jobs are anti-gay. A LOT of them. So in many cases, the teachers are actually part of the problem, and even joining in on the homophobia. Which reminds me of the story of Florida teen Luke Lambert (google if you don’t remember) where the school board basically colluded against Luke. Homophobia, outside of the very liberal gay strongholds, is VERY rampant in school systems countrywide. Kids pick up on this. So, if we really want to change and put an end to stories such as this, we need to change the culture that fosters this sort of hatred. And we need to change the culture of violence and lack of responsibility in schools countrywide which result in 40 PERCENT of students feeling unsafe at school daily. That is pathetic and we are failing our youth.

41. NYC = Shythole says

And gays in NYC are always going on about how great their city is…

This is proof that no matter how big or small the town/city, this shyt is a problem EVERYWHERE.

42. Becky says

Posted by: Dave | Jun 19, 2012 11:19:12 AM”

I think you have a point here, Dave. Let’s remember that it was only a few weeks ago that a Christian Pastor in North Carolina by the name of Sean Harris was actually inciting people to go out and physically attack children whom he felt were ‘effeminate’ and whose gender identity conform to sexist patriarchal gender norms. Now we see the result of Pastor Harris’s call to hatred and, yes, he’s every bit as responsible for attacks like this as those who preach support for other terrorists like al Qaeda which resulted in 9/11. Christian fundamentalist terrorists should be treated exactly the same as Muslim fundamentalist terrorists because they are just as dangerous. I’m transsexual, and I know that I am far more statistically likely to be beaten to death by home grown, domestic transphobes and homophobes than I am to die in an attack by foreign terrorists.

43. GeorgeM says

Let’s remember Romney promised to appoint a presidential commission to review harassment of anti gay marriage folks. NOM asked and he signed. So let’s be careful of the “harassment” we give anti gay people

44. Bernie says

This particular story has hit me hard with sadness…..The intensity of the violence and the injury sustained by Kardin is hard to fathom. I cannot imagine such internal hatred for another human being based on either the perception or reality that someone is gay. I am so glad the family has an attorney and is suing and if there is a silver lining, I hope the lawsuit brings major changes to this school and others.

45. ROBERT K says

This poor young man who has had to go through this terrible ordeal; I hope that there will be support for him somewhere.

46. Dowager Countess says

You just knew this would devolve into a racial free for all in the comm-boxes, and the first comment condemning ALL Christians (all 2.5 billion world-wide, REALLY??) is just as bad. When an oppressed minority turns to stereotyping other minorities, you deserve unlimited scorn. The entitlement culture of some white gays knows no bounds, sadly. Oh, “Dave”,hon, I can get you a cheap seat to Pakistan where the hatred you have will get you in the Taliban. Just keep it in your baggy jihadist pants and you’ll be welcomed.

47. Shannon says

AWFUL………….JUST AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS HANDSOME CHILD HAD TO ENDURE THIS PAIN….TRAUMA…..PLEASE TEACH YOUR KIDS TO FIGHT BACK!! TELL THEM TO KICK THEIR ASSES! I DID IT! I HOPE THINGS GET BETTER FOR HIM!!! PUT THOSE ASSHOLES IN JAIL….

48. says

I’m tired of hearing and seeing stories like this. This boy is now blind and physically damaged for life. And the attackers, I’m sure, will get the sympathy of many people because “they’re just kids being kids”. You know what? I’m telling you right now, GLBT children being beaten and tortured, you defend yourself at all costs. If you have to break some bones, pick up a chair, a bat or a brick. You Protect Yourself. The school system won’t.

49. Triggerz68 says

Actually, inner city kids ARE more homophobic. it’s not at all accepted to be gay in inner cities. we can pretend it’s not a problem, but for those gay kids IN inner cities who deal with this crap, and have adult gays too chicken to speak up on their behalf…it is a living hell for them.
    Pretending a specific problem doesn’t exist in a specific area doesn’t make it just go away. It magnifies it.

50. says

You can call it racist all you want, but I echoe the voices who call for awareness being devoted to urban schools, and inner-cities as it pertains to bullying. Yes, there may be bullying in the suburbs, but the gang like bullying that escelates to violence happens more often in troubled areas. Take the message there regarding changing minds about homophobia. Otherwise, you’re not solving anything.

51. Ciollinel says

If I were a gay kid, I would honestly rather live in the most rural Southern town than a “diverse” urban junior high. Some demographics are violent with their brand of homophobia. Just the truth.

52. Dana says

Argh, why aren’t schools doing more to deal with bullying? Too many victims are getting ignored by teachers and principals and end up killing themselves over bullying. The fact that so many kids end up dead over this is a really bad sign that something seriously needs to be done here.

My heart goes out to Kardin and his family. I really hope they get the justice they seek.

53. Dana says

What too many of my fellow Christians fail to realize is that the Bible tells us not to judge or hate anybody no matter who they are, what their religion is, or what sins we think they’ve done. Our job is to love and help our fellow man, not spew hate and condemn.

On behalf of Christians everywhere, I’d like to apologize for the way some of our misguided members have treated members of the LGBT community and people of different faiths. Please know that not all of us are radical, hate-mongering Bible thumpers and us true Christians will never hate you for being who you are.

TL;DR: Not all of us Christians hate gays and I’m really sorry for the trouble caused by the radicals of our religion.

54. Dana says

Sorry for triple posting. I screwed up my previous post.

@Dave: Not all Christians hate gays. What you’ve described are people who have a twisted view of what the Bible actually says and make the rest of us look bad.

55. billywingartenson says

Since the root of all this kind of horror is the bible, lets enforce eye for eye, tooth for tooth on the vicious assualters.

Or just give them to the catholic churche’s sex starved priests.

56. Murray says

Wow. You Americans are so quick to bring up the issue of race when it is completely unnecessary.

The peson who complained about the use of the word “thug”, go look it up in a dictionary. It has a meaning other than the slang term that you know it for. And that is the definition intended in this article, you ignorant fool. The article didn’t mention the race of the lunch money thief. It doesn’t mention the race of the writer of this piece. So for you to say the use of the word “thug” is racist is ridiculous and stupid.

And for those who are anti-gay, you need to realise that standing up to anti-gay bullies is good for everyone. Anti-gay bullies are more likely to be simply straight-forward plain bullies.

As for the Christian thing, the Bible is a mass of contradictions and full of stuff that many Christians choose not to follow. They just follow the bits that fit in with whatever their mindset is. Good, nice Christians follow the good stuff. Christians who are a—holes, and there are way too many of those, use their faith to bully others. But if you read the bible from cover to cover you’ll soon realise that ALL Christians are hypocrites.

In the words of the sadly recently departed Rodney King, “Why can’t we all just get along?”

57. Anna says

This message is to all theppl that think Christianity is wrong or to blame for ppl that are just plain mean. You ppl are so deceiving yourselves.Christianity is not to blame for people’s actions. I Am a Christian and yes I feel homosexuality is one hundred percent wrong. It is wrong because if ppl would truely read the Bible the Bible does say it is wrong. Do not twist the Bible to justify your sins. I agree what these students did was wrong and they should be punished but justbecause a Christian does not agree with homosexuality being right does not make them bad ppl so stop saying Christianity is wrong because u are angry that ppl do not agree with you

58. says

My question to you Ratbastard aka John In Boston is this…Why do you care if you’re this wonderful outstanding white Male?? You love quoting those DOJ FBI Statistics. You did the same thing under John In Boston. So we get those stats just like we get the stats that 62% of males who are pedophiles are white.

So is this racist in regards to the context in which you and Rick are speaking. YES it is racist of you and Rick neither one of you have Black friends and always speak negatively of them in evety post if its a good or bad posting about Blacks!

BTW How was Father’s Day? Did you and Dad hae a Good time????

59. says

let’s not just put it all on christianity. many commit acts just like this one (or worse) in the name of allah. or jehovah. religion is one of the evils involved here. and good old homophobia, based on the idea that if you don’t beat on “them fag-boys” that you become one.

60. Francis says

Anna, another brainwashed fundy.

I’ve read that Kardin Ulysse has been attacked on numerous occasions, he was jumped for his lunch money in October, and I’ve read there are potential racially/anti-Middle Eastern sentiment that is potentially connected to why Kardin has been bullied in the past. I also read he’s soft spoken and a loner (which for ignorant anti-gay teens are two traits they connect with being gay).

Yes, inner-city homophobia is a problem, this type of behavior in urban schools happen all too often, but it’s simply a huge oversight to blame everything on race.

61. Chris says

This might be the dumbest comment I have ever read here:

“The people who did this were anti-gay Christian terrorist who need to be arrested and put in prison. The Christian religion is responsible for the death and injury of any gay person who is harmed. They need to be sued for everything they have and the money given to defend all LGBT people from these evil Christians who are harming and destroying out gay children today.”

Not only is it shortsighted and unfounded – there are millions of kind, loving people of all faiths who openly embrace LGBT people – but it completely avoids the real issue: regardless of what any bully’s personal motivation is, why are people so cruel to any other human ever? What’s the point?

62. Michelle2010 says

Bullying is usually defined as behavior towards another person that is intentional, repetitive, and hurtful resulting in an imbalance of power between the bully and the target. It can take many forms: physical, verbal, social, or emotional. It can be overt or covert, as simple as name-calling or as complex as social exclusion. It may also include having money or other things taken by students who bully. It may include racial and sexual bullying. Having kids myself I find myself worrying about their safety from time to time. However, I stumbled upon this blog the other day which tells how a mother overcame a tragedy and found an amazing way to keep her kids safe. Check it out http://www.tsue-thatswhatshesaid.com/2011/08/your-childs-safety-your-piece-of-mind.html