Dance | News | Reality TV | Twins

L.A.'s 'Ninja Twins' Bring Two Snaps to 'So You Think You Can Dance': VIDEO

Ninjatwins

James and Nick Aragon and their wonder twin powers won the week on So You Think You Can Dance.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. they were dreadful. the fact that sytycd spent so much time to promo them and show them made me think we'd see something special...and we didnt.

Posted by: andrew | Jun 1, 2012 10:20:30 AM

2. Could not watch that all the way through...

Posted by: woodroad34d | Jun 1, 2012 10:22:09 AM

3. They should have their own reality show.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Jun 1, 2012 10:25:07 AM

4. seriously?

Posted by: Kile Ozier | Jun 1, 2012 10:25:20 AM

5. Just so wonderfully entertaining and so talanted .....I just smiled all my way through.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 1, 2012 10:25:33 AM

6. This is pure Christopher Guest.

Posted by: Jay Beta | Jun 1, 2012 10:31:11 AM

7. I don't watch this show, and so I would never have seen these two wonderful brothers if you hadn't posted this, Andy. Thank you.

It's ironic to me that they were disqualified because they were too old for the show. They are all about YOUTH and style to me.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jun 1, 2012 10:49:39 AM

8. They were hilarious!! I saw it the other night. I would definitely watch them on a reality show!

Posted by: AJ | Jun 1, 2012 10:50:57 AM

9. I thought they were entertaining. I don't understand why queens have to be so harsh on one another.

Posted by: Marco P | Jun 1, 2012 10:59:19 AM

10. Here's why people don't like it. Twins that close are creepy because it suggests incest. Duh. I don't dislike them because of their attitudes or behavior. But it's a bit weird.

Several of my straight brothers are really affectionate, but we don't sleep in the same room or shop together, etc.

Why would these shows have such arbitrary age cutoffs? And what the hell is that blue dress on the middle judge? Is she wearing a cobra down her chest?

Posted by: Paul R | Jun 1, 2012 11:25:05 AM

11. I liked them. People who only have nasty things to say about other people, hmmmm, what are your talents?

Posted by: homer | Jun 1, 2012 11:25:17 AM

12. They were a lot of fun. It's a rainbow, remember? Diversity. Even if the cut off hadn't been thirty they didn't have the dance strength to go further, IMO, but they were huge fun and everyone enjoyed them.

Posted by: Michaelandfred | Jun 1, 2012 11:30:28 AM

13. i am stunned by the negative comments, all the shows regular viewers that i talked to enjoyed their banter, and their dancing, immensely. they really did do schtick and dance quite well.

MANY worse have been spotlighted.

Posted by: bandanajack | Jun 1, 2012 11:32:38 AM

14. It's like Anchovy paste, a little bit goes a LONG way.

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | Jun 1, 2012 11:49:45 AM

15. If Logo or Hear doesn't give them their own show it would be a shame.

Posted by: J. Leo | Jun 1, 2012 11:59:04 AM

16. Nigel Lythgoe makes it impossible for me to watch this. I still can't get over the negativity of the judges against same-sex couples, when it came to dancing.

Posted by: Sarina | Jun 1, 2012 12:06:29 PM

17. Not good enough to be on this show, but FABULOUS enough to have their own! Good job, Twins.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jun 1, 2012 1:06:46 PM

18. they were so fun! They need their own show!

Posted by: hartzprod | Jun 1, 2012 1:14:11 PM

19. We LOVED them! Someone give them their own show!!!

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jun 1, 2012 1:50:17 PM

20. I'm imagining them together at around age five or six! OMG! They are so lucky to have one another. I'm with HOMER and JACKFKNTWIST.

Posted by: Vince | Jun 1, 2012 3:21:13 PM

21. Who needs the straights to hate on us when we can depend on gays hating gays?

Posted by: Ricco | Jun 1, 2012 4:09:23 PM

22. If you don't try to take them seriously they're actually a lot of fun to watch.

Posted by: sparks | Jun 1, 2012 4:42:16 PM

23. Loved'em, once they started dancing. The banter got annoying after about 45 seconds...shocked to find out they're 30+, I'd honestly have put them at about 22 (look quite young, act quite immature). But the dancing was fab, especially the cartwheel move.

If there's an age cutoff on this show, why were these guys even given numbers and allowed to go into an audition? Seems kind of weirdly manipulative on someone's part.

Posted by: jim | Jun 1, 2012 4:48:13 PM

24. I don't get the 'incest' vibe from these two. I just think they're really close. I know twins like this. I've tended to see that sort of closeness with female twins, but I didn't see anything alarming.

I was expecting them to just flat-out suck, but they were good. They weren't so much in character the way most people on the show dance, but they were very good.

A year or two ago there was a brother-sister duo who auditioned and they were... close. Their routine was not the kind of routine a brother dances with his sister, it was uncomfortable.

@Jim - The show sometimes features dancers who either don't or clearly won't qualify for one reason or another. I would guess these two probably just made such an impression that they let them do their dance. A few shows ago a boy with Asperger's or some form of autism auditioned and was clearly not going to make it through, but it was a nice means of awareness and encouraging others to go for their passion. They sometimes have polka or lindy hoppers come out, and there was a kid a few years back who was AMAZING but a year too young.

Posted by: antisaint | Jun 1, 2012 7:04:40 PM

25. Ridiculous. Why are they overly camping it up with those over the top cartoonish ghetto gay accents??? I really doubt they are that cartoonish and ghetto-nelly in real life. Very embarrassing. Couldn't watch the whole thing.

Posted by: anthony | Jun 1, 2012 11:15:23 PM