Film and TV | John Travolta

BigGayDeal.com

Former Assistant Claims John Travolta Had Long-Term Boyfriend

JTravoltaFor those of you following the John Travolta sex scandal — you know, how he allegedly groped male massuers — here is a bit more information on the famed actor's supposed private life, via his former assistant.

"I did everything for him, including taking care of his personal and professional schedules," Joan Edwards said. "Of course I knew he was gay. It never bothered me."

Edwards, who claims to have worked for Travolta from 1978 to 1994, says Travolta had a six-year-long relationship with a male pilot named Doug Gotterba in the 1980s…

The Enquirer could not confirm the relationship, the publication notes, but did confirm Gotterba did work for the Pulp Fiction star.

Gotterba's post-Travolta boyfriend, Robert Britz tells the Enquirer Gotterba told him in detail about the relationship, and how it began to sour as Travolta gained weight.

"After a few years Doug grew apart from John sexually, and John's advances eventually started to repulse him," Britz claims.

Meanwhile, the British comedian Russell Brand has a new joke about giving Travolta a massage: "He needed it, man. He was so stiff, I'm telling you!" That's one way of putting it...

Comments

1. Gossip is never (a) *fair game*. We all do it...but we all know it.

Posted by: Autarchic | Jun 7, 2012 3:12:52 PM

2. Anonymous Christians who have CIA members are trained to spread this black propaganda as part of their psychological warfare against groups they do not like, Anonymous are Christians who hide behind the mask of Guy Fawkes who was a Catholic terrorist who tried to kill the king and his government to set up a Christian dictatorship. The book on black propaganda says call your enemy gay. These anti-gay Christians who are Anonymous pretend to be pro gay but they are behind stopping the gay marriage and equal rights for LGBT people and using psychological warfare against LGBT people.

Posted by: Rick | Jun 7, 2012 3:13:15 PM

3. I saw him working out at my gym about a month ago here in my LaLaLand beach city. I was going to say hello, but I thought "ewwwwwwwww" knowing all the stories I had heard about him and his closet queen ways in the "straight" saunas. He had lost some weight. He and his trainer kept eyeing me, but I stayed as far away from them as I could. Well except for some weights I needed to get that were in front of them. I thought of taking a secret photos, but there were less than 10 people in the gym and it would have been obvious. But then again, I was still thinking of the "ewwwwwwwwwwwwww" about him.

That's too bad given that he's a Saturday Night Fever icon.

Posted by: FunMe | Jun 7, 2012 3:23:40 PM

4. There are too many Scientologist posting on here asking us to leave him alone. Can John leave US alone?

Posted by: Paul | Jun 7, 2012 4:07:04 PM

5. This whole thing is just sad. I hope that he can find some happiness, and start respecting himself.

Posted by: Mestone67 | Jun 7, 2012 4:27:27 PM

6. @PARNELL: You do know that the National Enquirer broke the story of John Edwards' affair with Rielle Hunter, right?

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 7, 2012 4:31:34 PM

7. Dear Rick,

Please take your psych meds. That is all.

xo,
    peterparker

Posted by: peterparker | Jun 7, 2012 4:33:17 PM

8. There's also the claim out now that he started to give Jeff Conway (Kinicki) oral sex while he was sleeping on the set of Grease, that Conway flipped out and that their once strong friendship ended because of it. I agree that Travolta is sounding more and more like a sexual predator, and that if it weren't for his celebrity, he would have been in jail by now. That to me is the scandal, not that he's gay and closeted, which everyone's known about for some time. This story about the pilot confirms that photo of JT kissing a pilot that was plastered all over People or some such celebrity rag. If he would have been able to come out years ago, most of this stuff wouldn't have happened because he wouldn't have needed to look for DL sex. Dude was hot back in the day... He coulda had the pick of the Castro. Sad.

Posted by: Graphicjack | Jun 7, 2012 5:09:26 PM

9. FUNME: don't flatter yourself.

Leave the poor guy alone. This is sad. Imagine if you were in his shoes how you'd handle it. We know very little about this guy, for all we know it could be 100% true or 100% false. No one is perfect, and we deal with all sort of crap we wouldn't want anyone to know about. Again I ask, what has he ever done to any of us, besides entertain us?

- Nel

Posted by: Nelson | Jun 7, 2012 5:24:43 PM

10. People largely forget that Scientology is an anti-gay religion. Paul Haggis revealed this with regards to how the leadership of the church sought to drive his openly lesbian daughter out of his life as they believe such behavior is unsavory.

It's no coincidence that closet-case actors seem to flock to this cult. That "church" has extreme pull with the media, which used to be helpful in the creation and reinforcement of beard relationships for in-the-closet celebrity members. I guess their control is slipping as of late.

Posted by: MateoM | Jun 7, 2012 5:59:14 PM

11. Anyone that enjoys a certain amount of fame and or power, seems to always want to rewrite their bio's...for so many reasons, mostly to benefit their self absorbed image of themselves. Yet, history shows, the truth ALWAYS comes out, eventually. JT had alot of reasons at the begin of his career to hide his proclivities, not so much later on. I don't envy the price he has paid for his success, but the sooner he understands the futility of hiding himself in this way, the sooner he will finally gain control and peace in his life.

Posted by: Booka | Jun 7, 2012 6:10:18 PM

12. Not to be rude, but John HAS gained ALOT of weight. "If you can't love yourself, how can you love someone else".

Posted by: Marty | Jun 7, 2012 6:26:29 PM

13. I wonder if the CO$ had a hand in this? They're known for releasing dirt like this in order to keep their members in line.

Posted by: ed | Jun 7, 2012 6:29:09 PM

14. test

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Jun 7, 2012 6:32:35 PM

15. This is sad, watching people come up with a million reasons why its ok to rip this guys life apart. He's a scietologist so he deserves it. He's a celebrity so he's fair game. He's a closet case, so its all good. All this based on some allegations (still unproven), and gossip. what if he is in the closet? is this really helping him to love himself more? To be people that want equality and respect from others, we sure do a crappy job taking care of our own.

Posted by: Ealan14 | Jun 7, 2012 9:01:27 PM

16. Other people say Scientology is throwing Travolta under the bus because he finally verbalized his intention to sever ties with the powerful cult. And being from the pre-AIDS generation, John reacted exactly the way Scientology expected him to: lose the public's TRUST by denying, instead of reinventing, himself, as a mature romantic gay hero with a six-pack and tried-and-true dramatic chops.

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Jun 8, 2012 1:17:13 AM

17. Doesn't Johnny realize that people would have more respect for him if he just came out and lived his life the way he wanted instead of all this bearding and sleazy stuff with massuers? I know which situation I think is more embarassing...

Posted by: Sad! | Jun 8, 2012 1:20:49 AM

18. "I wouldn't drop John because he gained weight, I'd drop him because he became a Scientologist"

UM!!! I would drop him because he is a PIG, gay straight, wherever on the spectrum a PIG is a PIG ... he doesn't seem to have any respect for men or women or for himself.

Posted by: Anthony Veneziano | Jun 8, 2012 7:54:16 AM

19. Cue Kelly Preston's public video to John just in time for Father's Day in 5...4...3...2...1

Posted by: DeeVee | Jun 8, 2012 9:08:27 AM

20. One thing is certain: Joan Edwards is a scum bag!

Posted by: andrew | Jun 8, 2012 9:54:43 AM

21. @ RICK :
    Your summary of Guy Fawkes and the Gunpowder Plot is laughable.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 8, 2012 10:02:02 AM