Food and Drink | Gay Pride | News

Oreo Cookies Go Rainbow for Gay Pride: PHOTO

Oreo

Oreo posted this rainbow-stuffed cookie on its Facebook page today with the caption "Proudly support love!"

Comments

1. What an amazing time to be alive. Seriously, could you imagine seeing this type of marketing even 15 years ago??

Posted by: Jason | Jun 25, 2012 9:32:34 PM

2. Mmmm.....double-double-stuff.

Posted by: Stacked. And that's a fact! | Jun 25, 2012 9:40:44 PM

3. Cute. Oreos are bad for you though!!

(Requisite pointing-out-the-obvious post.)

Posted by: Jason 2 | Jun 25, 2012 9:44:22 PM

4. Oh no! What will One Million Moms give their kids!

Posted by: Woody | Jun 25, 2012 9:47:39 PM

5. It looks like One Million Moms has another boycott on their hands. I wonder how their boycotts have been working out for them so far?

Posted by: Logan | Jun 25, 2012 9:50:42 PM

6. Yes, but where can I buy one?

Posted by: David | Jun 25, 2012 9:55:44 PM

7. I'm diabetic, but ohhhhh, one more package of Oreos can't hurt!

Now. Why is a site called tracking.sitemeter.com keep trying to make me log in? Andy, really, the add-ons you have on this site are out of control.

Posted by: Robert | Jun 25, 2012 10:15:32 PM

8. Can't wait till the bigots have to boycott so much they starve.

Posted by: neptune | Jun 25, 2012 10:23:22 PM

9. i love being pandered to!

no, seriously...i love it. beats the hell out of being ridiculed or ignored.

Posted by: ben | Jun 25, 2012 10:27:05 PM

10. That is awesome, didn't think I could love Oreos more than I already do but...

Posted by: Jersey | Jun 25, 2012 10:28:40 PM

11. Did they remove it from their facebook page? I see the aftermath discussion there, but no photo.

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Jun 25, 2012 10:32:43 PM

12. Hm. I love Oreos even more now.

Posted by: Josh | Jun 25, 2012 10:36:31 PM

13. It's on twitter still, but I think they caved in and removed it from facebook.

twitter: https://twitter.com/Oreo/status/217407322190909440/photo/1

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Jun 25, 2012 10:38:44 PM

14. It's still on Facebook. You just have to go into their photo albums to find it. Still. Looks like the bigots got to 'em.

Posted by: Cole | Jun 25, 2012 10:50:27 PM

15. american friends are saying they see it on the main page; maybe it's blocked from Canadians.

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Jun 25, 2012 10:52:22 PM

16. Its still on the front page and also in the photo gallery - though I am accessing from New Jersey, not sure if it the same view for people in other countries. According to the post, it has been up for 2 hours and already has over 110,700 likes. There are also over 10,000 comments, the typical support and backlash, supporters and homophobes.

Posted by: KP | Jun 25, 2012 11:02:46 PM

17. Accessing from Canada, and it's right on the front page for me. I haven't eaten an Oreo in about a million years, but I love the graphic and the gesture.

Posted by: Ernie | Jun 25, 2012 11:30:01 PM

18. Please go on the official Oreos Facebook pag and vocally show your support in the comments section of their page, especially under the photo of the pride Oreo. Also, make a post about I on your Facebook update status showing your support for Oreos! Please do so. It makes an impact

Posted by: 2know | Jun 25, 2012 11:36:56 PM

19. Ernie may have what fb thinks is a US IP address. Other Canadians can't see it either; but I have just learnt that facebook in May 2012 just introduced "restrict to country" by post, so that must be it.

Anyhoo, no biggie...

There's a support group here now just started:

Posted by: Randal Oulton | Jun 25, 2012 11:39:35 PM

20. One thing our side does not do well unlike the bigots is we don't show our support loudly enough for those who support us. We hear someone supports us and don't realize the backlash they receive for showing us support. We need to make it known that humanity will support their support of equality. We need to drown out the voices of the bullies!
    Make your voices of equality heard folks

Posted by: James Petkan | Jun 25, 2012 11:39:42 PM

21. I agree with those encouraging all of us to go on our Facebook page and showing our support and also expressing what this means to us. Stop going in a corner- stand up and actively speak up for your rights an those who support your rights.

Posted by: Cabin city | Jun 25, 2012 11:42:52 PM

22. Let your support be known on twitter and Facebook guys!!

Posted by: Fion | Jun 26, 2012 12:00:20 AM

23. too bad oreos are pure shyt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: pure shyt | Jun 26, 2012 12:44:37 AM

24. Uh oh! Brian Brown is going to have to lay off the Oreos now! I can see him silently weeping.

Posted by: Matt N | Jun 26, 2012 12:58:52 AM

25. All that is needed now is a rather large glass of milk........and 45 units of insulin.

Posted by: vanndean | Jun 26, 2012 1:19:16 AM