Dance | News | Tina Turner

BigGayDeal.com

Gay Man Hijacks Straight Wedding with 'Proud Mary' Performance, Destroys Chair: VIDEO

Proudmary

Gawker's Rich Juzwiak witnessed this at the straight wedding of two friends.

Check it out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. How can you not smile while watching that?

Posted by: Cyclone | Jun 22, 2012 4:18:45 PM

2. OS2GUY - that's how to demonstrate classy behaviour, if not leadership. But we have to be reminded. The wisdom, not to say kindness, of restraint. I don't do it well, but you do. Best to your boys.

Posted by: UFFDA | Jun 22, 2012 4:19:56 PM

3. What a great start to the weekend! I've danced like that to this song at home but beeches betta watch out if its ever played at a wedding reception now...

Posted by: AladinSane | Jun 22, 2012 4:24:45 PM

4. ADORABLE.

Good for him. And he was apparently appreciated by the crowd.

All ye bitter bitches...lighten up!

Posted by: stev | Jun 22, 2012 5:07:56 PM

5. So long as he pisses off you fake masculine hetro loving gays. I LOVE HIM!

Posted by: Modestmousefan | Jun 22, 2012 5:08:08 PM

6. Good for him! Especially see how so many self loathing, closet cases who identify as "straight ACYING" visit this site, this video should make their blood pressure boil, and hopefully cause a heart attack for them. For this guy- rock on! You represent what being gay is all about baby. Care free, fun, easy going and cheerful. LOVE IT!

Posted by: Chad | Jun 22, 2012 5:09:36 PM

7. God I love this video. He's absolutely adorable. I fully expected the hyper masculine crowd to feel insecure by him because, well, gays who are naturally themselves do make the fake masculine crowd feel threatened. But skrew those losers, I live my life like this kid...for me and for enjoyment.

Posted by: Red Velvet | Jun 22, 2012 5:11:02 PM

8. Totally made me smile and I'm LOVING the overwhelming support he's getting. Looks like the well adjusted gays are shunning the closeted gays on here (finally) and yeah, if you take offense to identifiable gays being G-A-Y, you're nothing short of closeted. sorry the rest of us don't want to join you in there. we're too busy living our lives.

Posted by: t | Jun 22, 2012 5:12:37 PM

9. Ok. I officially have a crush on him. Any man who is truly himself, and makes no apologies for it makes me turned on. So appealing.

Posted by: Kris | Jun 22, 2012 5:14:39 PM

10. YES, VIRGINIA, there are Gays in the Midwest, too.
    ..... and the track is Angela Bassett in "What's Love Got to Do With It", not Ike and Tina Turner, as best I can hear it. Angela did a great job, but she does not have Tina's grit.

Posted by: Bob | Jun 22, 2012 5:26:36 PM

11. Love it. But it's not "real" in the sense of an improvised performance that just happened to get captured by someone with their iPhone. Look at the multiple-camera editing. Still - LOVE it.

Posted by: Seattle Mike | Jun 22, 2012 5:27:49 PM

12. He was doing so well and then ran out of steam, as it were. He's a cute bit o' chunk, nice spin moves at 2:25.

Posted by: Henry Holland | Jun 22, 2012 5:29:03 PM

13. Shine on, you crazy diamond.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jun 22, 2012 5:32:53 PM

14. This is obviously fake/staged. The filming and lighting is perfect from several different angles. And have you ever seen a wedding reception video where people behave like this? They're not walking across the screen or in and out of frame. I just don't understand what the point is.

Posted by: Anthony | Jun 22, 2012 5:52:27 PM

15. Heheh that was sweet.. He was a little concerned with the fact that he broke the chair at the end.. =)

Posted by: Timothy | Jun 22, 2012 6:02:20 PM

16. How do we know he was gay? Because he actually doesn't need permission to have fun?

Posted by: Bart | Jun 22, 2012 6:07:02 PM

17. "This just in, here at Fox News...we're getting word that we have....what's that? Yes, it's been confirmed that we have video of an agent of Obama damaging tradition marriage, and destroying the Reagan Memorial Chair. Can you roll the film, please...."

Posted by: AJH | Jun 22, 2012 6:11:16 PM

18. Wow, the Amish sure have loosened up lately!

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jun 22, 2012 6:20:38 PM

19. hah! love this. I agree, something very sexy about a guy who is authentically himself and isn't afraid to be goofy and fun. Probably why I'm more attracted to naturally fem gays.

Posted by: Kris | Jun 22, 2012 6:55:48 PM

20. I started out watching this video thinking, "This guy had one too many to drink." I ended up thinking, "This guy and everyone around him is having fun." Either I had one too many to drink during the duration of this song, or this guy knows how to light up a wedding party.

Posted by: William | Jun 22, 2012 9:03:48 PM

21. Betcha he got lucky that nite

Posted by: mikeflower | Jun 22, 2012 9:25:37 PM

22. I was all set to dislike this, but I liked it a lot.

Posted by: andrew | Jun 23, 2012 1:33:29 AM

23. Andrew-
    You were all set to dislike this before even viewing it?? Youmust be a BLAST to hang out with

Posted by: Steve-ATL | Jun 23, 2012 2:06:02 AM

24. Is this the best you can come up with for "news" on this website ? REALLY ? Is this guy the only guy to ever dance on his own and be video taped ? PATHETIC ! He wasn't even good !

Posted by: Icebloo | Jun 23, 2012 2:18:20 AM

25. FYI - this is not at all staged. It looks so good because our videographers shot and edited it.

Posted by: Lauren Olson | Jun 23, 2012 2:39:44 PM