Alabama | Chick-fil-A | News

BigGayDeal.com

Antoine Dodson Will Continue Eating Chick-Fil-A, Thank You: VIDEO

ADodson

Remember Antoine Dodson? He's the Alabama resident who gained international fame and a little fortune after his warning to "hide yo kids, hide yo wife" from an alleged rapist was auto-tuned and went viral as "Bed Intruder." Now he's back, and this time he's not bringing a warning, but praise — for Chick-fil-A.

"A lot of people from the gay community have been coming to me and telling me that I shouldn't eat from Chick-fil-A, and I'm thinking like, 'Oh my God, that's so crazy. Why?" the openly gay man said in a video posted on YouTube yesterday. "Chick-fil-A makes good meals, and I eat there quite frequently. No one is going to stop me from eating there. If I'm going to have a Chick-fil-A sandwich, I'm going to have a Chick-fil-A sandwich."

Viewers were less-than-pleased, because of Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy's claim that a wrathful God will smite us for gay marriage. Dodson has now responded by releasing another video reiterating his Chick-fil-A love. Neetzan Zimmerman from Gawker summarizes:

After receiving a decent amount of flak for his comments, Dodson released a second video clarifying his opinion.

"I did not know this subject was heartfelt for so many people because they have beliefs," Dodson insists before urging viewers to "follow your beliefs." Still, he claims the matter does affect him personally because "I have rights and I'm gay."

He continues: "If I want to get married in the U.S., there are plenty of states I can get married in. I like to travel anyway."

You can watch the videos AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Well, that was weird.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jul 26, 2012 4:22:40 PM

2. Another brain-dead queen who only cares who only cares about being on the right side of social issues if it affects his ability to get paid. Next.

Posted by: Mark | Jul 26, 2012 4:23:55 PM

3. And who again gives a damn what this guy thinks?

Posted by: Hi2u2 | Jul 26, 2012 4:24:00 PM

4. Thought he was Albany, NY, not Alabama.

Posted by: PurpleMango | Jul 26, 2012 4:28:29 PM

5. What an idiot, plenty of states..wow, what planet is her from?

Posted by: Gemini79 | Jul 26, 2012 4:28:59 PM

6. No, no HI2U2, Who gives a damn what anyone thinks. Nobody, everybody. This is just an opinion from a youtube celebrity, in his medium (youtube). He is allowed to be right and wrong.

Our job is to comprehend or retaliate and move on.

Posted by: Fenrox | Jul 26, 2012 4:29:25 PM

7. Well, it was fairly obvious from the outset that he isn't exactly the sharpest knife in the drawer, if that viral video was any indication.

Posted by: atomic | Jul 26, 2012 4:29:32 PM

8. Why are you wasting space on this 15 minute famous nobody?

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 26, 2012 4:29:50 PM

9. These videos remind us: ignorance is bliss. Wait for the video call to arms when Dodson actually butts heads with an area of the law that discriminates against him for being gay. I bet he won't be so aloof then.

Posted by: Mike8787 | Jul 26, 2012 4:32:09 PM

10. Oblivious nellies like this are a dime a dozen in the gay community. It's not like he's anything special in that area either.

Just another gay clown working every $terotype for the entertainment of the mainstream community.

Posted by: Mark | Jul 26, 2012 4:35:54 PM

11. I will not rest until we find out where Tay Zonday eats!

Posted by: endo | Jul 26, 2012 4:37:52 PM

12. "hide yo kids, hide yo wife"

Andrew, I trust that Towelroad belittles everyone's accent by spelling their quotes phonetically, and that this isn't racist derision specifically.

Posted by: JJ | Jul 26, 2012 4:38:31 PM

13. Dodson also says he isn't really supporting Cathay, but the workers in the kitchen.

Posted by: Cinesnatch | Jul 26, 2012 4:38:49 PM

14. as one gay black man to my brother: QUEEN, PLEASE!

someone educate her on the 1,100+ FEDERAL rights that opposite-sex married couples **automatically** get that we are still denied.

Posted by: redball | Jul 26, 2012 4:42:13 PM

15. I wasn't aware Chick-fil-a accepts food stamps.

Posted by: rick | Jul 26, 2012 4:44:17 PM

16. JJ it isn't racist. That's what he said. That's how he said it. And that's how he made money off it, you race baiting moron.

Posted by: Jerry | Jul 26, 2012 4:44:58 PM

17. He's a useless clown

Posted by: GeorgeM | Jul 26, 2012 4:45:21 PM

18. RICK, i dont follow his story much but, last i heard he made a *lot* of money from the song & subsequent work in california.

food stamps? hardly, you race-baiting clown.

Posted by: redball | Jul 26, 2012 4:48:18 PM

19. Hide yo wife, Hide yo kids, hide yo criticial thinking skills....

Posted by: Mark | Jul 26, 2012 4:53:44 PM

20. Now everyone will go and watch that sh*t of a video irrespective of whether they just go to dislike it or defile it but at the end of the day some other jerk would be born who thinks because this video has more views, it's all kewl to make such videos and garner free and cheap publicity...eww.

Posted by: Alejo | Jul 26, 2012 4:53:55 PM

21. " wasn't aware Chick-fil-a accepts food stamps"

Why don't you visit the one near your trailer park residence to find out.

Dodson has no knowledge of the Gay Civil Rights Movement and no knowledge of the Black Civil Rights Movement. He knows no Movements accept the kind he does in the bathroom.

Posted by: Derrick from Philly | Jul 26, 2012 4:54:30 PM

22. Not exactly a glittering genius, is he?

Posted by: Danny in the East Village | Jul 26, 2012 4:55:27 PM

23. I'm sure Bayard Rustin is VERY proud.

Posted by: Mark | Jul 26, 2012 4:57:52 PM

24. "Lots of states"? Hmmm. We HAVE made some strides in gaining some civil rights, no thanks to people like this. We have fought so long and so hard to achieve what we have -- and this fool just brushes that work aside as if it didn't mean anything and as if he wasn't beholden to everyone who worked (and continues to work) on his behalf. He needs to read some of our history, I would say.

Posted by: kit | Jul 26, 2012 4:58:21 PM

25. He is a total moron, however this is a free country, so he has the right to be a moron. We have freedom of speech and that gives other morons, like Rick, the right to post his racist remarks on this site.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 26, 2012 4:58:55 PM