Film | Lance Bass | Mississippi | News

Lance Bass Talks Growing Up Gay in Mississippi in New Documentary: VIDEO

Bass

Lance Bass shares his story of growing up gay in Mississippi, along with those of others, in a new documentary for which he also serves as Executive Producer. He spoke with ABC7 about the documentary, which is showing at Outfest in L.A.:

"These film festivals lead into bigger things, and that's why we do them. We want as many eyeballs as possible on our work. We think it's such a great message," said Bass.

In the film, Bass attends a same-sex prom with some teenagers trying to change the way people see them.

Watch the interview and clips from the film, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I'm anxious to see the documentary even though I lived it first hand.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Jul 13, 2012 4:51:28 PM

2. Saw this in SF a few weeks ago at the Frameline Film Fest. Documentary is more about growing up and living gay in Miss. Even though Lance serves as EP, subject-wise, the film only touches on his story briefly (though it is rather moving, along with the rest of the stories). Thought it was really well-done and definitely worth checking out!

Posted by: alex | Jul 13, 2012 5:31:19 PM

3. I like Lance Bass. Always seems sweet and genuine in interviews, has done a great deal of charity work for our gay youth, and he IS a member of our community- so good for him doing what he loves and not living in shame

Posted by: USC Trojan Fan | Jul 13, 2012 5:54:35 PM

4. I actually met Lance Bass not long ago at an LGBT event. Very nice guy, down to earth, no air about him. I also don't think pictures do him justice as he's very handsome in person, and more importantly, treated everyone extremely well around him at the event.

Posted by: IonMusic | Jul 13, 2012 5:55:49 PM

5. N'SYNC needs to reunite. I kid you not, those boys had talent. Some them Live in concert a few times, and they could move, sing and had spark.

Posted by: Jackson | Jul 13, 2012 6:45:16 PM

6. I heard this documentary is great. Really, any documentary that shares our communities rich history and celebrates who we are as a people gets my attention and respect. We need more of them, as there are too many gay stories not told or seen by many

Posted by: Tia | Jul 13, 2012 6:46:24 PM

7. Child Spock. You were thinking it.

Posted by: Jake Orlando | Jul 14, 2012 12:26:03 PM

8. I also saw this at Frameline in SF, it was really touching. Plus Lance Bass was damn attractive in person.

Posted by: Tobie | Jul 14, 2012 6:04:45 PM

9. I like Lance Bass. I understand that he is a friend of Cristiano Ronaldo. I know it is superficial, but that makes me like him even more.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 15, 2012 3:05:24 AM

10. Living now in Portberg, after decades in LA. There is NEVER anything like this on the local news -- only shootings, drownings, molestation, and Occupy problems.
    Gay kids need to see themselves on the news.

Posted by: Bob | Jul 15, 2012 3:48:02 AM