Chick-fil-A | Gay Marriage | News

BigGayDeal.com

Chick-Fil-A President Dan Cathy Says We Are 'Inviting God's Judgment on Our Nation' By Letting Gays Marry: AUDIO

CathyJeremy Hooper has kindly posted an audio clip of the "guilty as charged" comments by Chick-Fil-A CEO Dan Cathy, some of which I posted yesterday.

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at Him and say 'we know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage' and I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about"

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

And remember, only eat 'Chick-Fil-Gay'.

Comments

1. ..

.. "bible thumping bitches..!..

Posted by: Paul EQuality Shapoe | Jul 18, 2012 6:40:30 PM

2. I'm so sick and tired of religious people insisting on imposing their religious beliefs on our government who makes public policy and laws. Many of our politicians state that their resistance to marriage equality and laws against discrimination is directly related to their personal religious beliefs. How is it possible that public policy is so influenced by politicians personal religious beliefs? It seems that, as an American citizen, I have a right to be free of the imposition of anyone's religious values on me and my family. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion". Um, isn't this exactly what Congress is doing with all these religiously motivated laws?

Posted by: boone68 | Jul 18, 2012 7:17:01 PM

3. He is another Chicken Little who is telling people the sky is falling. A year ago it was another Christian nut job named Harold Camping who said the world is going to end. If the world ends it will be because of these hateful and mad antigay Christians who will bring it about the worlds destruction by doing something so insane that it will destroy the world.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 18, 2012 7:56:39 PM

4. WTF!....Free Chik-Fil-Lay coupons vis an adchoices banner on Towleroad's website??? Above this very article??

Posted by: Michael | Jul 18, 2012 8:03:06 PM

5. You can help the Hollywood Chil Fil A go out of business and hit them where it hurts by leaving a negative review about their food on Yelp. Just go to google and type in Chik Fil A Hollywood CA Yelp
    And the site wiill come up. Many people use the site to review where to eat and avoid. Please consider writing a quick review against them on Yelp
    We can all do our part by using our voices

Posted by: Advocate Align | Jul 18, 2012 8:05:37 PM

6. I'm actually glad that this clown is letting us know his views so that we all know not to buy a thing from this crappy restaurant (not that I ever did in the first place).

Posted by: Pig is a Pig | Jul 18, 2012 8:26:32 PM

7. Everything LITTLEKIWI said times ten. Just occurred to me listening to this arrogant small-minded ever-so-purely-lucky-to-be-an-American (even though his mind is truly a desert of Constitutional, and I'll bet even widespread Biblical knowledge) that he reminds me of that royal ignoramus in the movie "Amadeus" who needed to say something self-aggrandizing in the face of Mozart's brilliance: Needs a few less notes. This stooge uses the term "DNA" in his stupid Bronze Age Bible ranting (you remember reading about the Biblical Bronze Age, when men enjoyed unlimited polygamy, when women were property the equal of concubines in a world that was flat, when mixing dairy and meat on the same plate justified being stoned to death, etc., etc.) this "chicken man” actually uses a term like "DNA" as if he has a shadow of an inkling as to what it means. The temerity of those in power simply by circumstance never ceases to amaze me. Thankfully, however, people (yes, even American bigots) die out eventually. Sometimes, however, I have to admit that I could employ Lenin's cure for the lower middle class who still supported Czarist Russia: You can only convert them by putting a bullet through their brain. Today's American Fat Cat merely monetarily elite should spend a good portion of their prayers to that magic man in the sky being thankful that most Americans are so very frustratingly docile while their lives and liberties are being bought and sold by the international community of the wealthy-beyond-imagination.

Posted by: Tom Cardellino | Jul 18, 2012 10:54:14 PM

8. No Chickee-fill-a for me and my friends and family.... What a horrible company!

Posted by: TonyJazz | Jul 19, 2012 1:47:14 AM

9. we wish you a merry bankruptcy..we wish you a merry bankruptcy...we wish you a merry bankruptcy and a lifetime in hell.

Posted by: Dan Skinner | Jul 19, 2012 4:42:50 AM

10. Hmmmmm....Canada has allowed gays to marry for some time now. God's judgment on them has been that their dollar has surpassed ours. I think God's judging the US because of discrimiation, not inclusion.

Posted by: Steve | Jul 19, 2012 7:07:25 AM

11. From 1968 until I retired in 1994 I was involved in the leasing of stores in some of the best known Malls in the country. Chic-Fil-A was "Persona-non-Grata". They were never in any of our malls.

Posted by: Jerry6 | Jul 19, 2012 11:24:23 AM

12. ..Really?....NO ONE should eat that trash anyway. It is simply unhealthy. Mr Chatty Cathy is already rich from peddaling this crap..now he needs to go count his filthy money and STFU.End of rant. I feel better.

Posted by: thom | Jul 19, 2012 11:54:37 AM

13. isn't this really old news? Everyone's known about this company for at least a couple decades.

Posted by: Hylas | Jul 19, 2012 12:02:40 PM

14. It has been said "Me thinks that thow doest protest too much." What is Mr. Cathy afraid of, or hiding from, or doing that he does not want discovered? Why is he so concerned with the private lives of people he does not know, and probably never will know? As a business man, he is helping to kill business for his son's future. There are more of us around than he may think.

Posted by: Jerry6 | Jul 19, 2012 6:11:18 PM

15. "...our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about." yep that describes this dude perfectly. PRIDEFUL & ARROGANT Did he Realize he was describing himself??? to a "T"??? & he really ought to re-read the 'bible' versions of marraige, that run the gamut from Polygamous, Levirate, A man, one or more wives, and some concubines all the way to the absolute horror of advocating a woman marry her rapist.. yea biblical marriage is soooo perfect.

Posted by: marvelrae | Jul 25, 2012 8:08:03 PM

16. Mr. Cathy: Continue the road you are on. I have the utmost respect for you, your family and business for closing your business on Sunday for starters. As important your stand on traditional marriage. Because you have been such a successful business people will protest the decisions by certain Governors. We have lost our christian identify and in my view accounts for the position this country is in. I often wonder where our God fearing goverment officials are? Than again, how can we elect God fearing men if we don't fear him ourselves? That is obvious because we have excluded him in things that really matter.

Posted by: Ross | Jul 26, 2012 7:18:41 PM

17. I am a heterosexual white female that grew-up in poverty- put myself through college, became successful because of unbelievable hard work. I have survived two bouts of cancer at this point and I will tell you that it is laughable that on any level you would compare your struggle with the civil rights movements that re-shaped this nation. The last time I checked- we live in a democracy, where the majority rules. The majority of those opposed to legalizing gay marriage is made up of blacks and hispanics. How about you tell them that your plight has been more difficult than theirs. As an American and Christian- I have the religious freedom and the freedom of speech to believe that marriage, by God, is an institution between one woman and one man. God says this in the Bible, despite that you choose to pick and choose Old Testament language to try to make the Bible look random and contradictory. If you have any questions- please read it! It is for everyone- gays and straight alike- so is salvation through Jesus Christ. Both gay and straight people will be in heaven together who choose salvation in Christ. The reason that Christian's are against legalizing same sex marriage is because it is spitting in the face of God and being arrogant enough to suggest He has just been wrong all along. If you do not understand the judgement of God or the wrath of God- I would suggest reading the Old Testament. The New Testament speaks of His love and redemption. The Old Testament speaks of the God of the Universe who evaporated nations because of sexual sin. If you want to fight Chick-Fil-A, they serve the God of the Universe and I promise you- you don't want to wage war with Him. Chick-Fil-A isn't going anywhere.

Posted by: Kim Hedrick | Jul 27, 2012 1:13:53 PM

18. Dan Cathy, you are an encouragement to me as a Christian. When it would be easy to just go with the flow and not take a stand on what you believe. Jesus was persecuted and he did no wrong and you are also being persecuted for stating not only what you believe but what Jesus died for "our sins." I hope that when people see this comment they just take a moment to think about really what this is about and that if we do not turn from our sin and believe on Jesus Christ then when we die it will be too late and at that point it really doesnt matter who said what and why because no one will be standing with us when we are judged by God. We will be condemned and go to hell forever.

Posted by: Katheryn McCorvey | Jul 30, 2012 9:20:41 PM

19. Will one of you pay for a planet ticket out of the South for me?

Please?

I'm going to have nasty fun with the campus evangelists when the semester starts.

Posted by: Jeremy | Aug 3, 2012 10:40:13 AM

20. Dan Cathy seems ill informed about history and the Bible. The definition of marriage has been changing since the times of Christ. If he truly believes what he says, he should openly crusade against the legality of divorce. Oh yeah, selective Christian ethics...

Posted by: JJ | Aug 3, 2012 1:31:38 PM

21. Well the U.S. Constitution gives the CEO of Chick-Fil-A the right to free speech. God Himself gave us freewill to choose and will not violate freewill. Mr. Dan has Cathy has these rights given to him by the Constitution and God. I do not have to accept gay marriage. To force a person to accept gay marriage is to take away free speech. Gays are only tolerant when it benefits them. Not when it benefits others who don't believe in their cause. God gave a natural family including a man & woman through whom God creates children. God does not create life through two of the same sex. God tells us we don't need a PHD to know that.

Posted by: Dan Kinsman | Sep 1, 2012 4:15:54 PM

22. I remember when this first came out you could not get within a block of Chick-Fil-A because so many people were there and not necessarily protestors. Sometimes negative publicity is good publicity.

Posted by: Chris | Dec 22, 2012 12:28:30 AM