Chick-fil-A | Food and Drink | News

Screw Chick-Fil-A, Here's How to Make Your Very Own 'Chick-Fil-Gay' Sandwich! — VIDEO

Chick-fil-a

Yesterday, Chick-Fil-A COO Dan Cathy said the chain was "guilty as charged" of making donations to anti-gay causes.

Those of you torn between loving the taste of Chick-Fil-A's sandwiches and hating its bigotry have no excuse now, because you can just follow the amazing Hilah Johnson's recipe and do it at home.

Watch this now and pass it on, AFTER THE JUMP...

And remember, chow down at Chick-Fil-Gay!

Comments

1. I'm with veggie Rick. Plus, is it really surprising that people who make a living abusing animals are also cruel to other humans?

Posted by: Tim | Jul 18, 2012 2:29:51 PM

2. You can find the recipe on the website listed at the end of the video. Here it is:

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 18, 2012 2:43:13 PM

3. Also, when pounding a chicken breast, it's easier to use a Ziploc bag.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 18, 2012 2:44:24 PM

4. Chip posted the link, but you could always just google "Hilah cooking." The recipe ingredients are posted on the site.

Posted by: AZEXPAT | Jul 18, 2012 2:52:36 PM

5. @BOBN - what do suppose people used before they invented plastic cutting boards? Not only do wood boards seem to have inherent anti-bacterial properties, but cleaning the board with a bleach solution works nicely. Plus, wood boards don't dull your knives as quickly as do alternative ones. You're welcome.

Posted by: AZEXPAT | Jul 18, 2012 2:56:49 PM

6. Thanks for sharing this, Andy!

Posted by: Hilah | Jul 18, 2012 3:02:36 PM

7. Just click on HILAH above and she'll take you directly to the recipe. Thanks, Hilah! Luv ya!

Posted by: AZEXPAT | Jul 18, 2012 3:11:54 PM

8. Here's the ingredients: Chick-Fil-A Ingredients 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast 1 cup pickle juice (sour dill is my favorite) 1 egg 1/4 cup milk 1/2 cup flour 1 tablespoon powdered sugar 1/2 teaspoon paprika 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 1/4 teaspoon celery salt 1/4 teaspoon dried basil Optional: up to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper for a spicy sandwich Oil for frying (about a cup)

Posted by: Darren in atl | Jul 18, 2012 3:30:30 PM

9. "Soy-sourced foods (tofu, TVP, soy 'milk') will give you moobs."

Never heard that before; I do like nipples I can sink my teeth into, though. Always have. LOL

"No fake meat for me either, sorry can't stomach that crap"

You know why people think that? Because they have either bought it themselves and prepare it the wrong way, trying to treat it just like they would meat, which leads to disaster.....or they have eaten it mis-prepared by someone else.

The basic difference between meat and soy-based faux-meat is that you cook fat OUT of meat, but you have to cook fat INTO faux-meat. With faux-meat, you should use LOTS of vegetable oil in its preparation and then after it is done, spoon some of the vegetable oil that it has been cooked in back over the patty or the nuggets or whatever....which adds moisture and flavor.

Also, soy burns easily, so it needs to be cooked on low heat and turned very frequently.

If you do those things, I promise you will have a positive experience.

And the new non-soy QUORN line of products have a texture that is even more like real meat than the traditional soy products....but with these, too, you have to cook in some fat to make them taste really good.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 18, 2012 3:30:45 PM

10. Stop trolling you Little Impostor, I would never stoop so low as to behave like an effeminate militant leftist feminist queer by forgoing manly masculine meat eating so I could some hippie lesbian tofu crap.

Real men eat meat and if you effeminate diva-worshippers want to be accepted you need to stop flaunting your effeminate hippie lifestyle affectations that you learned by listening to lesbian vegetarians and start being real men. How many men in the NFL would turn down a steak or hot dog for some tofu? NONE. So if you want to be accepted you need to stop having limp wrists and eating lesbian tofu.

Posted by: Rick | Jul 18, 2012 3:38:36 PM

11. Why is there a advertisement for a free Chick-Fil-A coupon at the top of this page from www.shopathome.com/chick-fil-a???????

Posted by: Shawn | Jul 18, 2012 3:41:08 PM

12. Looks like Rick got Rick-Rolled. So meta.

Posted by: PatRICK (really) | Jul 18, 2012 4:22:51 PM

13. just so we don't get it twisted unfermented soy products contain a chemical that mimics estrogen, in very small quantities the amount of soy protein you would need to cause a outward change such as "man boobs" would be more then you could possibly eat...the real concerns is a small segment of the male population have prostates that are overly androgen sensitive, these can cause cancer that is the real concern. As for replacing meat with fraken-soy foods as long as you do the research and find out where the company obtains its soy protein isolate, the basis for much of these foods, one being a cheap extraction involving Hexane(which is super bad for you)...just know where your food comes from... vegetarians/vegans would be best served by limiting all processed foods and eating real vegetables, not soy based crap...all things in moderation...

Posted by: epic | Jul 18, 2012 5:24:37 PM

14. Rick take your meds you pathetic piece of F*&% everyone knows you are just trolling for attention. Your favorite glory hole must not be getting much action lately. God just man up and seek counseling already.

Posted by: Kenneth | Jul 18, 2012 5:49:48 PM

15. I think I'll stick with Five Guys...

Posted by: jaragon | Jul 18, 2012 5:57:27 PM

16. Sorry, Rick (or "Rick") -- those fake chicken patties are full of wheat, milk, eggs, and soy. Want to guess which one will send me and thousands of others into anaphylactic shock?

Posted by: Judy | Jul 18, 2012 6:31:59 PM

17. "@BOBN - what do suppose people used before they invented plastic cutting boards?"

Wood, of course, but that doesn't mean it isn't better than plastic for poultry nowadays.

Posted by: BobN | Jul 18, 2012 6:59:53 PM

18. For me the best part about Chik-Fil-A is the Chik-Fil-A sauce and you can make that at home too by mixing smokey tasting bbq sauce with honey mustard.

Posted by: james | Jul 18, 2012 7:10:23 PM

19. Love the video!

The only problem is that a Chik-fil-of-crap sandwich is just that. Check out the ingredients on their site--there seems to be hundreds that go into their "simple" chicken sandwich--here's just what is in the pickles: cucumbers, water, vinegar, salt, lactic acid, calcium chloride, alum, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate [preservatives], natural flavors, polysorbate 80, yellow 5, blue 1.

Thank god for that food coloring keeping my pickle a test kitchen/consumer tested green! Amen!

I would much rather eat the gay friendly sandwich in the vid!

Posted by: That Guy in DC | Jul 18, 2012 7:36:00 PM

20. What? No "secret" sauce? I got a recipe for that. Open up.

Posted by: Otkon | Jul 18, 2012 8:53:29 PM

21. What? No "secret" sauce? I got a recipe for that. Open up.

Posted by: Otkon | Jul 18, 2012 8:53:57 PM

22. hey guys, hilah has an official site which lists all the ingredients and what not, and all these things didn't get included when whoever listed it to blip. you can find the page for the recipe here: http://hilahcooking.com/chick-fil-a-copycat/

/not a shill, was curious myself what went in it, hooray for google

Posted by: luke | Jul 18, 2012 10:03:28 PM

23. I tried their food once and found it to be quite unedible. If I want crap to eat it would sure be the spot. The fact that they want me dead because I love men just makes them Dominionist scum IMO.

Posted by: Skooter McGoo | Jul 18, 2012 10:39:52 PM

24. Before it was explained to me, I always wondered what "Chick-filla" was. It sounded gross, so I never ate there.

Posted by: Randy | Jul 18, 2012 11:01:10 PM

25. Before it was explained to me, I always wondered what "Chick-filla" was. It sounded gross, so I never ate there.

Posted by: Randy | Jul 18, 2012 11:01:18 PM