Bullying | Gay Youth | Kirk Cameron | New Jersey | News

BigGayDeal.com

Kirk Cameron Rejects Request to Meet with Bullied LGBT Teens

Kirk Cameron's spokesman Mark Craig replied to a request from the Youth Caucus at Garden State Equality asking Cameron to sit down with them after his visit to Ocean Grove, NJ where he'll discuss the Bible's stance against gay marriage.

CameronWrote Craig to GSE's Corey Bernstein:

I would normally just write a simple reply, "Thanks for your invitation, however Kirk's schedule will not permit," but because you have taken some time to share some of your feelings, Kirk asked me to personally thank you on his behalf for your kind invitation and is very sorry he can not attend because of the schedule that weekend. I also want to thank you for taking the time to write and share your heart in your letter.

For this reason, I want to share this thought with you, from someone who sees and works with Kirk almost everyday of the year - I promise you his goal is not one of trying to hurt people in any way, in fact it is just the opposite. He has a concern for their well being - not only now, but eternally. He goes out to share a positive message through events like this weekend and I assure you he will only be presenting a positive/ inspiring message.

I would like to suggest if you really are interested in Kirk's thoughts on the matter, you can listen online to the interviews and comments Kirk has shared where he was given ample time to communicate his heart and thoughts. I hope you can attend the event and see for yourself.

Comments

1. Closed mind!!!

Posted by: Fred | Jul 27, 2012 4:15:15 PM

2. I'm astonished he has a "spokesman".

Posted by: LincolnLounger | Jul 27, 2012 4:18:28 PM

3. Why would he meet with them?

He has the whole truth, nothing but the truth and everyone else is wrong!

End of sarcasm.

Posted by: truthteller | Jul 27, 2012 4:56:46 PM

4. "you can listen online to the interviews and comments Kirk has shared where he was given ample time to communicate his heart and thoughts."

In other words he can do all the talking but doesn't want to listen to any other viewpoint. Kirk Cameron is an A-1, lilly-livered, yellow, coward. He doesn't have any concern for anyone but himself and his Christianist views. The Youth Caucus at Garden State Equality are probably much more polite than I would ever be in responding to Kirk's phony "concern". I'd have a few colorful words for him!

Posted by: Brad | Jul 27, 2012 5:08:00 PM

5. Kirk Cameron is a SODOMITE and that is what sodomites do - HURT PEOPLE MERCILESSLY - That is why God destroyed Sodom, duh! If you don't believe me read Ezekiel 16:48-50. It is full time gays begin to call out these homophobes for who they really are - Sodomites!!!

Posted by: Nedra | Jul 27, 2012 5:25:23 PM

6. Kirk Cameron is a coward.

Posted by: john patrick | Jul 27, 2012 5:51:08 PM

7. I wish Kirk Cameron a long life of complete obscurity, in which no one will ask for his opinion on anything. I suspect that would be hell on earth for him.

Posted by: RachelB | Jul 27, 2012 5:52:00 PM

8. A has-been who hasn't been relevant in over 20 years has a spokesperson?

Posted by: Pig | Jul 27, 2012 6:03:00 PM

9. His schedule does not allow.... Cause he is on his knees sucking cock at Griffith park

Posted by: Guest | Jul 27, 2012 6:06:58 PM

10. Well ain't he just the cutest, and sweetest, little god-diggin, money whore you did ever see?!?! Can he talk or what!?!

He can't make it in Hollywood - so now he turns to "christianity" to make a living. Acting vs yaking....or maybe he really is still acting....

Posted by: Mark | Jul 27, 2012 6:09:45 PM

11. For this man without a career, maybe Huckabee and Santorum will support him. I wonder if he's afraid gay is catching or if he's afraid the world will realize he's as dumb as a box of hammers who can't support his stand.

Posted by: lk | Jul 27, 2012 7:26:46 PM

12. Kirk Cameron is a great man, with morals and virtue. I hope he continues his work and eventually ventures into politics. I'd vote for him. The country needs some stability and morality interjected into it, because the way things are going now is completely amoral.

Posted by: Erick | Jul 27, 2012 8:46:12 PM

13. @Erick
    Maybe when the Christianists secede from the US and found Jesusland

Posted by: ezam | Jul 27, 2012 10:56:24 PM

14. @MARY

"Kirk had a chance to show the conservative side in a good light. Why didn't he take it?"

Perhaps because there IS no "good light" there, DUH!

Posted by: DeeperStill | Jul 28, 2012 4:21:19 AM

15. Coward. You attack us with your hateful, ignorant, bigoted, prejudiced comments, Kirk, and you don't have the balls to discuss your nonsense with people who might actually be able to challenge you and show you how utterly wrong you are.

What a wuss.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 28, 2012 11:27:06 AM

16. Coward... as all people who know deep down they are wrong are.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jul 28, 2012 2:39:50 PM

17. That's the ONLY reason I can respect that NOM guy a little, he doesn't shy away from speaking his mind, or meeting with people.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jul 28, 2012 2:40:27 PM

18. High and mighty. You'd all be down on him in two seconds.

Posted by: Don | Jul 28, 2012 3:20:22 PM

19. When you’re a washed up unsuccessful actor what do you do with your time. Devote it to a truly dumb cause, hate does have it’s rewards I’m sure,

Posted by: EJ | Jul 29, 2012 9:11:59 AM

20. "I promise you his goal is not one of trying to hurt people in any way, but rather of trying to figure out a way to ignore the inconvenient parts of the Bible -- like the part that says, 'Judge not, that ye be not judged' -- without enabling people to call him a faux-pious hypocrite. Still working on that one. So that's why he can't squeeze you into his schedule. Um, yeah. And please don't call it cherrypicking, 'cuz that's not what it is at all. Really."

-- Mark Craig, Kirk Cameron spokesman