Film | Henry Cavill | News | Russell Crowe | Superheroes

BigGayDeal.com

Henry Cavill is the 'Man of Steel' in New Teaser Trailers: VIDEO

Manofsteel

Two teaser trailers for the upcoming Superman film Man of Steel, identical but for the voice-overs, appeared in front of screenings of The Dark Knight over the weekend. The trailers are voiced by Kevin Costner, who plays Clark Kent's earthly father, and Russel Crowe, who plays Jor-El, Superman's biological father.

They're both expressions of advice and wisdom for the young Superman, played by Henry Cavill.

Check them out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Says Costner's Kent: "You're not just anyone. One day, you're going to have to make a choice. You'll have to decide what kind of man you want to grow up to be. Whoever that man is, good character or bad, is going to change the world."

Says Crowe's Jor-El: "You will give the people an ideal to strive towards. They'll rise behind you. They will stumble. They will fall. In time, they will join you in the sun. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

Cavill

Comments

1. Rarely have I seen a trailer that makes me completely uninterested in a movie. This is quite an accomplishment.

Posted by: Markt | Jul 23, 2012 8:29:23 AM

2. "Rarely have I seen a trailer that makes me completely uninterested in a movie. "

Said lack of interest was still sufficient to make you post.

Posted by: Nat | Jul 23, 2012 8:44:22 AM

3. I think this one will be worth taking the time to see.
    That was an excellent teaser-trailer.

Posted by: enough already | Jul 23, 2012 9:20:17 AM

4. Excuse me for a second:

Skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Posted by: michael | Jul 23, 2012 9:35:06 AM

5. So.. Superman leaves contrails? Or is he just part of the 'chemtrail conspiracy'?

Posted by: joosy | Jul 23, 2012 10:06:43 AM

6. And if the soundtrack selection is any indication, there will be a really intriguing crossover, with guest movie appearances by Gandalf the White, Arwen, and Tree Ent #2.

Posted by: TAL | Jul 23, 2012 10:13:17 AM

7. The next season of Deadliest Catch looks to be the best ever!

Posted by: Don Draper | Jul 23, 2012 10:34:23 AM

8. As a lifelong comic book fan and avowed Superman fanatic, I'm seriously hoping this film washes away the bad taste the last two Reeve movies and "Superman Returns" left in everyone's mouth...

Posted by: Josh | Jul 23, 2012 11:05:31 AM

9. By now it's undeniable that there's commercial appeal for comic-based movies even among the general populace. Having been a comic collector as a kid, I guess I'm getting a little tired of the same few characters getting reboots. There are many other superheros in both Marvel and DC universes whom the public would be familiar enough to pique interest. I wish movie studios would step up and outside the box a little. Even though the spotlight was obviously on the most well-known characters, X-Men First Class was a step in the right direction.

Posted by: sparks | Jul 23, 2012 12:06:45 PM

10. Can't wait for the Blue-Ray.

Posted by: jakeinlove | Jul 23, 2012 12:33:02 PM

11. I find it ironic that Chick-Fil-A advertises on YOUR gay website. Money is green - not pink. Is that your reasoning?

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Jul 23, 2012 12:36:00 PM

12. Scott-
    Similar issues have come up before. I believe Andy even did a post about it a while back. If memory serves me Andy has no control over the ads. They are generated by the mention of a certain thing in a blog. For instance if he started blogging about apples, there would be ads for apple sauce, etc.

Posted by: Scott | Jul 23, 2012 3:56:22 PM

13. Superman, Batman, and Spiderman have been overdone. I'm done paying to see anything new; and I'm not even sure I'd give them my time to watch them even if I don't have to pay.

Posted by: Garst | Jul 23, 2012 4:55:14 PM

14. Did they steal the music from LOTR?

Also, 300, Watchmen, and all Nolan movies after Insomnia have left me completely unimpressed, so I'll be skipping this one.

Posted by: Randy | Jul 23, 2012 6:32:37 PM

15. What is wrong with y'all? This looks amazeballs, even if it does remind me of a jeans ad.

Posted by: thayer | Jul 23, 2012 6:53:35 PM

16. That shot of him flying through the atmosphere is gorgeous!

I can't wait to see this.

Posted by: Ray | Jul 23, 2012 11:20:27 PM