Chick-fil-A | Mike Huckabee | News

Mike Huckabee Announces 'Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day' in Response to 'Intolerant Bigotry from the Left'

Mike Huckabee is defending Chick-Fil-A's anti-gay policies in a Facebook post in which he announces Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day on August 1.

HuckabeeWrites Huckabee:

I have been incensed at the vitriolic assaults on the Chick Fil-A company because the CEO, Dan Cathy, made comments recently in which he affirmed his view that the Biblical view of marriage should be upheld. The Cathy family, let by Chick Fil-A founder Truett Cathy, are a wonderful Christian family who are committed to operating the company with Biblical principles and whose story is the true American success story. Starting at age 46 Truett Cathy built Chick Fil-A into a $4 billion a year enterprise with over 1600 stores. At 91, he is still active in the company, but his son Dan runs it day to day as CEO.It's a great American story that is being smeared by vicious hate speech and intolerant bigotry from the left.

The Chick Fil-A company refuses to open on Sundays so that their employees can go to church if they wish. Despite the pressure from malls, airports, and the business world to open on Sundays, they still don't. They treat customers and employees with respect and dignity.

I ask you to join me in speaking out on Wednesday, August 1 "Chick Fil-A Appreciation Day.” No one is being asked to make signs, speeches, or openly demonstrate. The goal is simple: Let's affirm a business that operates on Christian principles and whose executives are willing to take a stand for the Godly values we espouse by simply showing up and eating at Chick Fil-A on Wednesday, August 1. Too often, those on the left make corporate statements to show support for same sex marriage, abortion, or profanity, but if Christians affirm traditional values, we're considered homophobic, fundamentalists, hate-mongers, and intolerant. This effort is not being launched by the Chick Fil-A company and no one from the company or family is involved in proposing or promoting it.

There's no need for anyone to be angry or engage in a verbal battle. Simply affirm appreciation for a company run by Christian principles by showing up on Wednesday, August 1 or by participating online – tweeting your support or sending a message on Facebook.

You may have missed...
Muppets Cut Ties with Chick-Fil-A [tlrd]
Chick-Fil-A Does Damage Control [tlrd]
'Hangover' And 'Office' Star Ed Helms Off Anti-Gay Chick-Fil-A [tlrd]
Chick-Fil-A President Says We're 'Inviting God's Judgment' Letting Gays Marry: AUDIO [tlrd]
Make Your Very Own 'Chick-Fil-Gay' Sandwich! — VIDEO [tlrd]
Chick-Fil-A Chief Dan Cathy Says Company is 'Guilty as Charged' of Anti-Gay Activities [tlrd]

Comments

1. Good. Let the fat fundies eat that crap to their black hearts' content - the faster to the grave the better.

Posted by: Dale | Jul 23, 2012 2:01:42 PM

2. Everybody! Go to Chik-whatever and order something from drive through. As they hand it to you and you ahve given them your money, realize that they don't like you and ask to have your order canceled and money returned. Clog those drive-thru lines up and let Mr. Huckster wait in line . . . . for forever.

Posted by: Darren in atl | Jul 23, 2012 2:22:30 PM

3. He is an antigay Christian supremacist who is stirring up other Christians to hate gays.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 23, 2012 2:50:16 PM

4. Mommy, that jowly man is scary! Make him go away!

Posted by: Perry | Jul 23, 2012 3:00:15 PM

5. I love that America's Fattest Christian is leading the charge! It's almost like an Onion headline.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jul 23, 2012 3:15:27 PM

6. We shouldn't judge Huckabee. His fat fingers are so greased with chicken juice and bits of fried breading that he is unable to turn the pages of the Bible.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jul 23, 2012 3:18:31 PM

7. Biblical marriage means that a man can have any number of wives and concubines. And that if a woman marries for the first time and is found not to be a virgin, she can be put to death. So I really don't think we have Biblical marriage or even want it.

Posted by: Desiderius | Jul 23, 2012 3:44:43 PM

8. There is nothing wrong with religion itself. The main problem is some preachers like this idiot who base his arguments on a book called Bible on which there are ample evidence not written by Moses, John, Luke etc, It is full of forgeries and blasphemies. He is most likely a fraud who says these things for material gains.

Posted by: simon | Jul 23, 2012 4:25:48 PM

9. We're arguing with a 91 year old?

Posted by: anon | Jul 23, 2012 4:58:29 PM

10. Mike Huckabee. Loser. Failure. He will do anything and say anything just to keep himself in the spotlight.

Too bad the world has moved on and left him behind......who is going to be the one to break the news to him ?

Posted by: Icebloo | Jul 23, 2012 5:26:21 PM

11. Ladies and gentlemen: the hypocrisy that is Mike Huckabee!

Posted by: Garst | Jul 23, 2012 5:54:30 PM

12. I don't recall any efforts to close down Huckabee's church or burn his Bible or imprison him for his beliefs, so until that happens he's just an ignorant, stupid, paranoid hick.

Posted by: Robert K. | Jul 23, 2012 11:46:39 PM

13. I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but I guess I just always thought God made sex for having children. I don't think he intended for us to try and have sex with people of our own gender. It just is not something I think God intended at all. With His help maybe you can overcome the urges to have sex with your own gender, just like he will help anyone who is struggling with something against his will. I struggle with wanting to have an affair with someone, but I know it is wrong . God helps me be strong everyday when I pray. God helps me be true to my husband, and not to sin against His will. If it gets too hard for me to handle on my own I will get some help from Christian counselors. God will help you too. I pray that God helps with what ever you are struggling with.

Posted by: Char | Jul 24, 2012 1:27:30 AM

14. @Char: the world is at present overpopulated, so if sex were only for making babies, then no one should be having sex with anyone. Your suggestions seems to mean that you never use birth control methods, so if that's the case and you are still having sex, you could easily do more than your share to exacerbate this problem.

Many people see sex as a way of sharing intimacy with a partner. When done safely, it is also a physical release without which health can worsen.

I don't have any struggle about whether or not to have an affair, because I know that would hurt my relationship with my partner. That is your own struggle.
    I also have no struggle over having a male-male relationship, because it hurts no one and is a source of blessings in my life.

Posted by: Gregv | Jul 24, 2012 5:29:30 AM

15. Tomorrow I will drive thru and order over $100.00 worth of their crappy food. When I reach the drive up window I will applogize that I "don't have my wallet", praise Jesus and simply drive away. While they hold bags of food they can't re-sell to anyone. Peace up.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 31, 2012 11:11:27 PM

16. We are driving 140 miles round trip today to support our nearest Chik-Fil-A.

Posted by: Bob | Aug 1, 2012 12:33:39 PM

17. What a load of crap, its over move on... Leberal gays need to find something else to cry about now. Chik Fil A is a hero and remember that whole free speech thing works both ways. Are you kidding me National Kissing the same sex day, who would even want to eat after seeing that? Please put it to rest. Jeez srd

Posted by: Susan DePalmo | Aug 2, 2012 8:51:50 PM

18. @Char Amen sister, you said that with much more restraint and patience for these people than I did. Glad to see there is someone else on the conservative side of this issue bothering to check both sides of this story. Honestly, hey are talking about pulling up and ordering $100 worth of food and not paying, calling a 91 yr. old man terrible hateful names and disrespecting our governor, Mr. Huckabee. For what, they are calling them haters, what do they hate? I just wish they would educate themselves and practice tolerance as they preach. Pray b/4 you speak and you will be using Gods' word, yes, judgement is coming but it is not by anyone here on earth and if you are not worried about your soul you should be.

Posted by: Susan DePalmo | Aug 2, 2012 9:01:28 PM