Chick-fil-A | Nancy Pelosi | News | Tim Pawlenty

BigGayDeal.com

Nancy Pelosi on Chick-fil-A: 'I Prefer Kentucky Fried Chicken'

Pelosi

Democratic Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi made note in a tweet yesterday that she prefers her chicken without a helping of bigotry:

"For the record, I prefer Kentucky Fried Chicken. #ChickFilA"

In related news, one of Romney's top VP hopefuls showed his support for Chick-fil-A:

PawlentyTop Mitt Romney surrogate and potential vice presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty came to Chick-fil-A’s defense during a Romney campaign event in Cary, North Carolina on Saturday, bragging to a small group of supporters that he ate lunch at the fast-food franchise, which refuses to offer any employment protections to LGBT employees and has donated millions of dollars to ex-gay ministries.

And the University of Louisville President and Provost won't be eating there any time soon:

U of L spokesman Mark Hebert confirmed Friday a statement from the university to the university's Office for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Services that said "the president and the provost will not be eating at Chik-fil-A anytime soon."

Hebert said the university is not elaborating at this time on the statement.

The LGBT Services Web site published a statement Friday that said the university administration has commented on the presence of a Chik-fil-A restaurant in the Student Activities Center on campus and an online petition to have it removed.

Meanwhile, Change.org sent out notice yesterday that students from seven schools across the country have started petitions to get Chick-fil-A off their campuses:

The petitions target officials at the University of Illinois, University of Kansas, Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis, Ball State University, College of Charleston, Wichita State University, and Minnesota State University.

Comments

1. So Pawlenty had the audacity to say the following:

"Now you have the police power of government intimidating and threatening people, being used to intimidate and threaten people, based on their free speech rights and their religious views," Pawlenty said Saturday of city officials' objections to president Dan Cathy's public disavowal of gay marriage. "I mean it’s chilling. I mean it’s stunning, it is jaw-dropping. And so I think strong people who see this need to stand up and say no we don’t do that in the United States."

The hypocrisy and irony is stunning.

Posted by: John | Jul 29, 2012 9:59:02 AM

2. Thanks a lot for this post! It's great!

Posted by: essay | Jul 29, 2012 10:21:33 AM

3. Conservative Free Speech - protected from counterpoints and criticisms.

Someone who bullies a conservative - someone who fights back.

Posted by: neptune | Jul 29, 2012 10:44:15 AM

4. KFC? Good, now the PETA types can flood her in-box with the videos of the KFC chickens getting their beaks cut-off and hanged upside down and boiled alive. Maybe throw red paint on her, firebomb her home. Killer b!tch. Animal bigot. What are her kid's names?

Posted by: MarkUs | Jul 29, 2012 11:35:55 AM

5. good now i wont have to see the bat face when i go there

Posted by: becky | Jul 29, 2012 11:58:30 AM

6. Conservative Free Speech is not eligible for counterpoints and criticism because it is the Word of God, unlike the godless LGBT community and its allies. (Hence, their boycotts are acceptable whereas ours aren't.) In the name of Free Speech (and historical "accuracy") they even want to rewrite American History to suit their world view. For example, the American Revolution was NOT a rebellion against England, because God says that rebellion against established authority is forbidden. Let alone what they are doing to the Founding Fathers... As an LGBT Episcopalian I find this behavior of self-identified Christians appalling.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Jul 29, 2012 12:00:45 PM

7. Oops! I forgot to mention that to most evangelicals, I'm not a member of a real Christian Church. Unlike Romney, who belongs to what evangelicals have traditionally called a "cult". (I was raised evangelical so I know from personal experience.) Just where in the Bible does it say that the end justifies the means? (This certainly seems to be Romney's history of flip-flops and inaccurate statements.)

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Jul 29, 2012 12:13:32 PM

8. Let them eat chicken! I defend their right to discriminate and be bigots. If I defend their right to discriminate and be bigots, they should be defending my right to boycott and support equality. I can accept that they have the right to put their profits into hate groups, just as they should accept my right not to eat their processed chicken and give my money to businesses that support my causes.

Posted by: Tracy | Jul 29, 2012 12:44:26 PM

9. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzSIz_zDNUE

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Jul 29, 2012 1:27:25 PM

10. Markus- I think you have missed the point of her comment and are going off on a tangent.

Posted by: ty | Jul 29, 2012 6:36:01 PM

11. KFC?? But Popeye's is so much better.

Posted by: Paul R | Jul 29, 2012 8:45:06 PM

12. HRC rates KFC a 45... Not much better in my opinion.

Posted by: Dave | Jul 29, 2012 11:43:43 PM

13. Nice blog. So interesting.

I hope more information that you share for us.thanks for the information.

Posted by: duke sebastian | Jul 30, 2012 2:01:17 AM

14. @David Ehrenstein
    LOL

It has been a some time since I heard that song.

Posted by: Diogenes Arktos | Jul 30, 2012 8:38:57 AM

15. Nancy Pelosi has it right as usual.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 30, 2012 9:55:39 AM

16. Uh, regardless of the company's political views, all those fast-food chicken shacks are dreadful. Haven't eaten anything from them since, god, I was, like, 14? I mean, that sh*t can't even be considered food, can it?

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 30, 2012 12:51:34 PM

17. Praise God for Chickfila. Thanks to the owner of Chickflia for taking a stand for marriage of man and womam. God says in his word in ROMANS the 1st chaper what these Homo,s need to read.

Posted by: joe jones | Aug 1, 2012 11:22:51 AM

18. KFC? Good, now the PETA types can flood her in-box with the videos of the KFC chickens getting their beaks cut-off and hanged upside down and boiled alive. That's ridiculous...

Posted by: Essay Help | Oct 19, 2012 4:15:08 AM

19. KFC? Good, now the PETA types can flood her in-box with the videos of the KFC chickens getting their beaks cut-off and hanged upside down and boiled alive. That's ridiculous...

Posted by: Essay Help | Oct 19, 2012 4:42:28 AM

20. I read this post carefully and like it so much.Thank you for sharing this information with us.

Posted by: Application Essay Help | Nov 6, 2012 2:11:58 AM