Nature | News | North Carolina

BigGayDeal.com

Just When You Thought It Was Safe to Go Back in the Water: VIDEO

Shark

Here to stoke your summer swimming fears is a video from North Carolina's brackish waters.

Carolina Live explains:

William Moore of Franklinton, NC was filming his fiance Sarah Brame catching her first fish when a large Bull shark swooped in and snagged the Red Drum she was reeling in.

"I was actually kind of scared because I seen it jump and actually thought it could jump up here and get me," said Brame. "Because the tide was all the way up, and it was probably three feet below me."

"We couldn't believe how it actually happened," said Moore. "We keep watching the video over and over and over again."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via reddit)

You may have missed...
We're Gonna Need a Bigger Boat [tlrd]

Comments

1. oh dear lord, someone shut her up.

Posted by: EO | Jul 12, 2012 9:52:03 AM

2. exactly WHY I stay in cement ponds.

The bull shark can thrive in both saltwater and freshwater and can travel far up rivers. They have even been known to travel as far up as Indiana in the Ohio River, although there have been few recorded attacks

Posted by: anthony | Jul 12, 2012 9:58:51 AM

3. Please cool it on the Jaws stuff. They weren't in any danger; I've scuba dived with these things.

Posted by: Butch | Jul 12, 2012 10:00:41 AM

4. Shawk! Shawk! It's a big ass shawk!

Posted by: Doug | Jul 12, 2012 10:15:39 AM

5. I'm pretty sure I just shat myself.

Posted by: Corey Lambert | Jul 12, 2012 10:25:45 AM

6. It sounds like Sarah has never "seen" an English teacher, either.

Posted by: EarlA3 | Jul 12, 2012 10:34:17 AM

7. Who cares about sharks? Most of us will not be going to North Carolina for another reason.

Posted by: Blake | Jul 12, 2012 10:42:37 AM

8. Sharks have such a bad reputation. Unfortunately most people will never see one because of the millions being killed to feed China's insatiable appetite for shark fin soup.

Posted by: homer | Jul 12, 2012 10:47:17 AM

9. Granted they were not in the water, but bull sharks are highly aggressive, territorial and they have been know to attack people.

Posted by: Jay M | Jul 12, 2012 11:39:01 AM

10. As a Chinese American, I understand the cultural value and status of shark fin soup to my people. But this is just so outdated... I hope at some point the party leader will recognize that you can derive luxury without killing. It is an uphill battle for many wild animal activists as the cultural barrier is huge. From their angle, it is inconceivable how people can do this to massive amount of animals for taste. On the other hand, Chinese people feel that their thousands of years of tradition has been tempered. This is the same issue with the Japanese whaling.

It is hard to come to a common ground because the interaction has always been violent. But I remain hopeful. The younger generation doesn't think the fin soup is all that.

Posted by: david | Jul 12, 2012 1:26:24 PM

11. lol - redneck games.

Posted by: Mike | Jul 12, 2012 5:11:21 PM

12. Uneducated white trash. This is why the anti-gay amendment passed easily in super dumb North Carolina !

Posted by: Icebloo | Jul 12, 2012 11:51:50 PM