Global Warming | News

BigGayDeal.com

CNN Anchor Carol Costello Insults 'Bill Nye the Science Guy': VIDEO

Costello

CNN anchor Carol Costello's interview of 'Bill Nye the Science Guy' is startlingly rude.

Costello challenged Nye last week about his knowledge of climate change.

"If you Google your name — ‘Bill Nye' — you’re 'the kooky guy who doesn’t know what he’s talking about'. I mean, you're not a climatologist. You want to defend yourself?"

Responds Nye: "Sure. I can read graphs."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Wonder what it says when you Google Carol Costello?

Comments

1. Too bad Ted Turner no longer owns CNN. TW as it has with everything else took a good thing and messed it up royally. Wish ol' Ted could get CNN back. It would be Roger Ailes worst nightmare.

BTW, can anyone tell me how to stop the new annoying pop-up "Would you recommend Towleroad to people in your life? Why?"

I'd appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll go elsewhere for my gay news.

Towleroad, you're starting to slide down the slippery slope into irrelevancy with sh*t like this pop-up.

Posted by: jamal49 | Jul 14, 2012 11:07:13 AM

2. @"ScienceGal:

Androgenic hypothesis? Are you saying you think that climate change comes from Earth displaying too many male sexual traits? Maybe you think the planet is juicing?

Carol Costello, is that you?

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Jul 14, 2012 12:08:40 PM

3. @Science gal: you posted a very reasonable comment on a site that is often unfriendly to reasoned discussion. Poor Acronym Jim doesn't understand that when you say androgenic hypothesis you are questioning whether climate change is being caused by mankind. Next time dumb it down for Jimbo.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 15, 2012 2:54:59 AM

4. Andrew,

I suggest you find a dictionary and look up "androgenic." It has nothing to do with climate change. The term used when considering the human effect on climate change is "anthropomorphic." I hope I "dumbed it down" enough for both you and "science gal."

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Jul 15, 2012 3:36:15 AM

5. @Jim: You knew exactly what Science gal meant by androgenesis hypothesis. Andro meaning man and genesis meaning origin or creation of something. She was questioning whether or not climate change is man made or something else. My understanding of the word anthropomorphic is to ascribe human qualities to non humans. But, I think we have had one of the more intelligent discussions on this site in a long time. Sorry, I suggested that you are dumb. You clearly are not!

Posted by: andrew | Jul 15, 2012 4:15:15 AM

6. Irony, sarcasm, devil's advocate - ever heard of them ?

This was not a hostile interview. Nye was not insulted. Costello was not rude. It was clearly a set-up, designed just so Nye could confront and demolish a few denier talking points - which he did, with Costello's assistance, in very effective and succinct style.

Check it again - this was a good interview, and Costello has been unfairly savaged for it by progressives, and also wrongly celebrated for it by deniers.

Posted by: AGW | Jul 15, 2012 11:57:12 AM