Bristol Palin | Gay Slurs | News

BigGayDeal.com

Bristol Palin Denies Her Son Tripp Used an Anti-Gay Slur: VIDEO

Palin

Last night Brandon posted a now widely-circulated video from Life's a Tripp, Bristol Palin's reality show, in which her son Tripp is seen calling her what looks like the word "faggot".

On her blog today, Palin denies that's what he said:

Let me be clear.  I’m not proud of what he did say.  Sadly, he used a different “f word.”

Lifetime filmed over 12 months (on and off) and they caught a moment on film that would cause any parent to be red in the face.  Tripp is always surrounded by adults – around the campfires with cousins and their friends, at the shop with my dad and his snowmachine buddies.  He’s apparently picked up some language that I’d prefer he not use. On national television or at home.

I do oppose gay marriage, as I’ve written about before (and the HuffPo points out).  I guess the temptation to label my three year old son is just too great for the lefty papers to resist.  However, one of my new Twitter followers made an excellent point.

He tweeted that the left tries to hold my three year old son more accountable than their adult spokespeople.

Watch again, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. There is one easy way to put an end to this: let's see the un-bleeped version. If he didn't say it, end of story.

Posted by: DANNY | Jul 23, 2012 10:14:20 PM

2. Another horrible child being raised by a mother who was raised by horrible parents. Disgusting.

Posted by: Brian | Jul 23, 2012 10:53:48 PM

3. What's the big f***ing deal? Even if he did say f*g instead of f*ck, it's not the end of the world, and Palin's reaction seemed like genuine shock and not egging him on to repeat the word. It does, however, make you wonder where he's hearing any cuss words.

Posted by: Andy | Jul 23, 2012 10:53:51 PM

4. The only "F-word" we should hear concerning the Palin family is "fifteen," as in "your fifteen minutes ended a long time ago. Goodbye."

Posted by: bobbyjoe | Jul 24, 2012 12:37:27 AM

5. Dear Ms Palin,
    From the time my son was in first grade, his friends' favorite "mean words" were FAGGOT and RETARD. I found both of these words very offensive and hurtful, so the first time he used them I explained what the words meant and why we should not use them in a bad way. I told his friends they were not allowed to use those words in the house. I didn't mind all the comments about poop and farts because I knew the kids would grow out of that stage.
    But for a young person who might be questioning his sexuality or for a young person with intellectual disabilities, those words sting terribly.
    Certainly, a three-year-old is going to throw out words when they are upset with their parents or aunts. They may not learn for a while. But it's always good to tell them "I don't like that word, and if you use it again, I will put you in the thinking chair," or whatever you do to discipline your boy. Good luck. I know it is not easy being a single mom.

Posted by: Kitty | Jul 24, 2012 3:21:37 AM

6. Typical Palin!

Posted by: CB | Jul 24, 2012 3:31:24 AM

7. Regardless of which "F" word was used. How could any parent let their child near people who would use them. Any intelligent adult knows you never use certain words near children as they absorb everything. But it seems Bristol like to pass the blame to others and not her bad parenting.

Posted by: andrew | Jul 24, 2012 6:52:34 AM

8. Bottom line - the kid heard it somewhere, he didn't make it up himself.

Posted by: Jack M | Jul 24, 2012 7:31:00 AM

9. Okay, it's time for Tank to join this conversation and keep it real. To everyone here who said that that Palin brat used the word, "f----t," the word that rhymes with "bag it," you are correct. To those who think he used a different word, you are complete idiots. Tank has studied video analysis and so I ask everyone to watch the kid's mouth as the words come out, and pay attention to how he is shaping his lips. There is no doubt in my mind that he is saying a word that rhymes with "maggot" and not "bucket". Bristol can do all the lying and damage controls he wants, but the video does not lie.

Posted by: TANK | Jul 24, 2012 8:33:41 AM

10. Oh hurray another made up controversy on Towleroad. There are enough reasons to hate the Palin's where we don't need to make things up. He clearly said f*ckhead. It is an "ed" sound at the end not on "ot".

Posted by: Markust Taylor | Jul 24, 2012 10:06:10 AM

11. What was NOT going on yesterday that THIS is NEWS?
    I can always tell that nothing important is happening when "News" about nonentities makes headlines.

Posted by: Jerry6 | Jul 24, 2012 10:33:42 AM

12. Whatever it was kids say stuff they hear. Period. Enough so that he said it in a context of hate..." I hate you you're a ?????. The problem was she giggled and didn't correct or denounce what he said, she just laughed at it and thought it was funny. Teaching him, by her inaction that what he said was OK. She's disgusting.

Posted by: Will | Jul 24, 2012 10:59:20 AM

13. This family is utterly determined to be as unapologetically worthless as possible.

Congrats, Palins. You represent the scum of the country.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Jul 24, 2012 11:29:59 AM

14. The less publicity this family receives the better. Eventually no publicity will mean no money because people won't tune in to watch them. Already all reality shows featuring them have been poorly watched, and their books are featured on stores remainders shelves. I'd just as soon not hear anything about them. I'd appreciate it if this blog would refrain from mentioning them.

Posted by: throwslikeagirl | Jul 24, 2012 4:36:24 PM