Chick-fil-A | News | Roseanne Barr | Twitter

Roseanne Barr Rips Chick-fil-A

Roseanne

Roseanne Barr, never one to mince words, has been engaged in a war on Twitter with Christianist supporters of Chick-fil-A and is apologizing for her language, CBS reports:

“anyone who eats S%#@ Fil-A deserves to get the cancer that is sure to come from eating antibiotic filled tortured chickens 4Christ,” she tweeted, later adding, “off to grab a s%#@ fil-A sandwich on my way to worshipping Christ, supporting Aipac and war in Iran.”

Barr later fired back to criticism: “christian liars: i never wished cancer on you at all-jesus will punish u 4 ur deceit-I said processed foods cause cancer.”

However, shortly thereafter she wrote: “Retreading my tweet I realize that I used the wrong word-I shouldn’t have used the word deserves. I shouldn’t have used the word deserves in my tweet and I apologize.”

Comments

1. She looks better today than she ever has!

And she still has the same bold fighting spirit so many of us love about her!

Posted by: CarmelCadet | Jul 27, 2012 10:58:05 AM

2. COOL!

she has restored my respect for her that she had tarnished with trying to run for Green party nomination (green party that is financed by repub $ to take dem votes)

thank You Roseanne!!!! You have restored my respect for you

Posted by: say what | Jul 27, 2012 11:42:31 AM

3. Yeah, the first thing I noticed is that she looks freaking great. Good for her.

Posted by: denison | Jul 27, 2012 12:05:52 PM

4. GO ROSEANNE!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jul 27, 2012 1:24:47 PM

5. RoseAnne is an actress,and one who is already known for being somewhat outlandish in how she presented her opinions, so I doubt she'd be harming the gay rights cause whatever she said. But I agree with TJ. There has been a lot of hypocrisy on the right - acting as if boycotts of conservative businesses are "bullying" but calling for those very same boycotts of JC Penney, Target, Starbucks. We need some consistency. Freedom of speech does not mean that you owe people your business. No one has a "right" to customers, only to try to GET customers.

The only problem is that the whole Chic-Fil-A thing has gotten out of hand. The gay community doesn't need this mini (some would say "pseudo") controversy now. We are only a few months away from the gay marriage vote in 4 states. If even ONE votes in favor of gay marriage that means history was made. LGBT people have bigger fish to fry (sorry for the mixed metaphor.) People who may have been considering voting in favor of SSM may now feel that a business that was going to provide new jobs in their city is being kept out (i.e. jobs are being kept from job-seekers) due to the gay marriage controversy. These voters have spouses and children who need employment. Let's be practical. Why give them a reason to be angry at gays (or more accurately, pretend to be angry at gays in order to vent the frustration they feel over the general state of the economy?)

I know it sucks. But life works this way.

Posted by: Mary | Jul 27, 2012 1:29:05 PM

6. I'm hoping you guys will support the Green Party candidate for president, Jill Stein, as Roseanne does, instead of the Bushalike incumbent.

Posted by: Bill W | Jul 27, 2012 2:24:38 PM

7. Bill W

yeah right a vote for green = your supporting romney

get a clue please & unlike roseanne you don't have the excuse of hollywood excess burning out some brain cells that would help you to not support romney via the greens

roseanne's support can't be excused...yours not so much

Posted by: say what | Jul 27, 2012 3:13:42 PM

8. Those who believe that marriage is inherently a man-woman union are not anti-gay and just because a person chooses to exercise their free thought doesn't mean their business and all the people they employ should be penalized or maligned.

Posted by: Eric Miller | Jul 27, 2012 3:16:11 PM

9. Roseanne is a hot passionate flame thrower and Mary is a tepid cup of tea. I'm glad Roseanne is on our side. Mary, not so much: Now be quiet boys and wait your turn, you'll get your rights some day, just not today, ok?

Posted by: macadamia nut | Jul 27, 2012 4:24:55 PM

10. She continued tweeting, adding, "Chickfil-A is made from aborted chicken fetus anus...I was constipated and had to strain 2 pass a chick fil-A...I've boycotted Chick-Fil-A for years because it tastes like sh*t.

Don't ever change, Roseanne.

~wiping tears from eyes~

Posted by: Rob | Jul 27, 2012 5:25:03 PM

11. I doubt she has ever boycotted a meal.

Posted by: JL | Jul 27, 2012 6:28:43 PM

12. Macademia, you really are a "nut" if you think I said gays should "be quiet and wait their turn." But in a time of high unemployment you don't prevent a company from opening a business and providing jobs just because they contribute to anti-gay marriage groups. This is pitting gay rights directly against employment. You play right into the hands of those who want to say that liberals are "too obsessed with gays and not with the rest of us who are looking for jobs." Gays always say "How will gay marriage adversely affect YOUR life?" Well, now you've just given these people a perfect answer to reply with. I can't believe this is what you'd want to do. But suit yourself.

And remember that flame throwers can cause harm. No ever got burned from a tepid cup of tea.

Posted by: Mary | Jul 27, 2012 7:48:32 PM

13. Mary, do you write speeches for Romney? Or the Log Cabin? Or GOProud? Because you sound just like them.

God forbid that the straights should have a reason to resent us, after all jobs and the "job creators" are far more important, best to keep them happy.

Posted by: macadamia nut | Jul 27, 2012 10:48:30 PM

14. Mary seems to me to be Maggie Gallagher, y'all. Mary/Maggie is all pretend-to-care, but really trying to argue that gays don't matter as people and should be kept down.

Mary, sorry b****. You can k*** my ***, traitor.

THOUSANDS of jobs are lost in EVERY state because companies can legally fire people simply for being gay. That's not good for the economy.

One little crap hate-food-laid (chik-fil-slime) joint is not going to provide the quality jobs that ANY community needs.

Sorry, Mary-troll. For you. BTW, big ups to Rosie I think :-).

Posted by: just_a_guy | Jul 28, 2012 12:27:40 AM

15. WTF? Those are some big assed, all American chompers!

Posted by: jimbo | Jul 28, 2012 6:29:53 AM

16. I seem to get everyone upset whenever I caution againg reckless behavior. Maybe I should only advise against an action when I can propose an alternative action. It gets tiresome to always hear that you're a saboteur, but I'm starting to see how this looks to others. Sorry to anyone I've offended.

Posted by: Mary | Jul 28, 2012 10:08:51 AM

17. This site is proof that Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Posted by: John | Jul 29, 2012 7:45:59 AM