News: Ryan Gosling, Baltimore, Chelsea Clinton, Witter Bynner

RoadGay man shot to death, community activist wounded in Baltimore.

ClintonRoadChelsea Clinton considers politics: "'Before my mom's campaign I would have said no. Not because it was something I had thought a lot about but because people have been asking me that my whole life,' Clinton, speaking of her mother's unsuccessful 2008 presidential bid, said in an interview for the September issue of Vogue. 'And now I don't know. . . . I mean, I have voted in every election that I have been qualified to vote in since I turned eighteen,' Clinton continued."

RoadJeremy Renner flips off the Kardashians.

RoadRashida Jones apologizes for saying John Travolta should come out of the closet: “Made a thoughtless comment about John Travolta. I sincerely apologize. Nobody’s personal life is my business.”

RoadGeorge Michael responds to Olympics criticism: "The singer took to his Twitter feed on Tuesday to answer his critics. In his first tweet, Michael wrote, 'Morning everyone! Had a GREAT time at the closing! I hope you are not bothered by the press reports of my scandalous 'promotion' !!!' A second dispatch then read, 'Please join me in telling them to f--- off ! It was my one chance on tv to thank you all for your loyalty and prayers, and I took it. X'"

RoadXtina comments on Britney's new X-Factor gig.

RoadAdam Lambert flashes new blond hair and tattoo at Tokyo appearance.

GoslingRoadThe Ryan Gosling coloring book.

RoadWindsor's Catholic board forced to accept Gay-Straight Alliances: "Windsor's Catholic board tried to condemn gay-straight alliances from forming in its schools, but now the province has forced its hand. The Catholic board reversed its initial decision and must now allow the name if students make the request, which is exactly what one high school student intends to do."

RoadJodie Foster defends Kristen Stewart. Robert Pattinson's heartbreak makeover.

RoadNCLR's petition in support of SB1172: "We're on the brink of a lifesaving victory. NCLR is co-sponsoring a bill to ban therapists from subjecting young people in California to damaging and discriminatory efforts to change their sexual orientation or gender expression. The bill, SB 1172, has already cleared the California Senate and is on its way to the Assembly."

RoadWhich openly gay male comic is going to have a mainstream breakthrough?

RoadVIDEO: Obama brings up Romney dog incident.

RoadRyan Lochte to appear on 90210.

BynnerRoadGay poet Witter Bynner's Santa Fe mansion hits market for $2.45 million: "Last month, owners Ralph Bolton and Robert Frost listed the 8,600-square-foot compound, located on just over an acre at 342 E. Buena Vista St., for $2.45 million. For most of the 16 years they have owned the property, they have run it as the Inn of the Turquoise Bear. Although the 10-unit bed-and-breakfast is widely advertised as 'gay-friendly,”''We actively seek all guests,' Frost said. 'It really doesn’t matter who you are.'"

RoadAnti-gay Australian Christian Lobby plans cozy night with Prime Minister Julia Gillard. “Between January and June this year the ACL made over 120 statements condemning equality for gay Australians and said virtually nothing about poverty or homelessness, with some of its statements linking gay equality with the stolen generation, Nazis and paedophiles."

RoadBrunch with Ann Coulter?

RoadFAA updates medical requirements for trans pilots: “They’re very risk adverse; they make people jump through a lot of hoops,” Tobin said. “They’re different from a lot of professions in that way. But what’s been different for a lot of trans pilots is the hoops that they’ve been asked to jump through have been even more burdensome than what most people have to go through. And in a lot of cases, they’ve had no real rational connection to anything really related to a person’s transition.”

Comments

1. that should read, "NCLR's petition to support SB1172".

Posted by: Chris Waddling | Aug 15, 2012 3:37:18 PM

2. STAY THE F OUT OF BALTIMORE..EVERYBODY. The city is an uber violent ghetto. Even the arae around Johns Hopkins isn't safe!

Posted by: ratbastard | Aug 15, 2012 3:55:55 PM

3. Yeah, I was about to say. Here's a little tip about Baltimore. At 4am in the morning, you probably want to be in your locked house or hotel room.

Posted by: EchtKultig | Aug 15, 2012 3:59:20 PM

4. It is really important to sign that NCLR petition to ban ex-gay therapy on CA youth. This is the first law of its kind in the world.
    If we can do it in CA, we can do it in NY, MA, WA, etc...

Posted by: Joe in SF | Aug 15, 2012 4:00:21 PM

5. Brunch with Ann Coulter? Seriously, I would be gagging so hard I couldn't take a bite, much less actually keep the food down!

Posted by: Kenneth | Aug 15, 2012 4:00:24 PM

6. NYT article should be "Which openly gay AMERICAN comic is going to have an AMERCIAN breakthrough"

Honestly gay comedians - stand up and otherwise are so mainstream elsewhere and have been for years. If you're in the UK there are episodes of some panel shows where there are more gay comedians than straight. And an astonishing number of openly gay hosts drawn from stand-up roots across the board. Their live shows at home and abroad draw huge audiences.

Posted by: MikeW | Aug 15, 2012 4:21:53 PM

7. NYT article should be "Which openly gay AMERICAN comic is going to have an AMERCIAN breakthrough"

Posted by: MikeW | Aug 15, 2012 4:21:55 PM

8. Note to Ms. Jones, being gay is not one's "personal life".

Posted by: MARCUS BACHMANN | Aug 15, 2012 4:23:39 PM

9. I tip my hat to Ontario legislators and the brave young students in the ontario catholic schoolboard who are doing the right thing and DEMANDING to have Gay-Straight Alliances, and demanding they get to CALL them that. They're shining young vanguards, who are the actual ones working to change an archaic system and institution from the inside.

The students want the alliances. And they got 'em.

Well met!

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Aug 15, 2012 4:29:15 PM

10. Actually Ratbastard, I've lived in Baltimore for over 15 years and have never had an incident of crime. And I live right by Johns Hopkins (campus, not hospital). Yes, Baltimore has crime but statistics show that 82 percent of those murdered had a criminal record and 70 percent are involved in drugs. If you are neither one of those groups, you are just as likely to be murdered as in any metro city. Maybe you should stop getting your info from fictional TV shows.

Posted by: Greg | Aug 15, 2012 5:50:41 PM

11. @Greg,

I didn't get my info from 'fictional TV'. Yes, Baltimore is a DANGEROUS city, with a VERY HIGH violent crime rate, including the area around Johns Hopkins. Likewise, Washington DC is also a VERY DANGEROUS city for violent crime. And Greg, I'm familiar and have been to both on multiple occasions, and have friends and family who live in DC and Maryland.

Posted by: ratbastard | Aug 15, 2012 8:59:54 PM

12. And Greg,

Baltimore is no more dangerous than any other major metro area? BS, Greg. Boston, a city around the same size as Baltimore or DC, and with a metro area larger than Baltimore alone, has a much lower crime rate, especially homicides. That's just one example.

=============

I assume you were referring to The Wire? I've seen a few episodes, excellent for a TV show.

Posted by: ratbastard | Aug 15, 2012 9:03:18 PM

13. At first I thought maybe Chelsea could be our first female president - but we shouldn't have to wait that long! Better yet, maybe her Mom will be first - and Chelsea will follow! There's a lot of smarts in that family!

Posted by: Mitch | Aug 15, 2012 11:41:02 PM