News

Canada's XTRA Talks to David Rakoff: VIDEO

Rakoff

Canada's LGBT magazine Xtra caught up with humorist and essayist David Rakoff on a recent trip to Toronto promoting his book Half Empty. As I noted earlier today, Rakoff lost his battle with cancer yesterday at the age of 47.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Thanks for posting that, Andy. David Rakoff was a great talent and a lovely man.

Posted by: Jeff NYC | Aug 10, 2012 10:01:09 PM

2. What an inspiration David Rakoff was and remains despite his recent passing. He will be missed greatly by the Gay community and the world. So nice to hear him say he lives openly and freely - that he doesn't drive (I don't have a driver's license but my husband does!).

So so very sad that he was unable to beat cancer. God what an awful disease. He was terribly funny and incredibly witty. SCREECH! "My rides here, bye...." We are all going to miss this wonderful man.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Aug 11, 2012 12:02:38 AM

3. Thanks for posting that, Andy. David Rakoff was a great talent and a lovely man.

Posted by: Celinebags | Aug 11, 2012 12:40:35 AM

4. Would have been better if he posted the interview with Rakoff on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.

I personally preferred him over David Sedaris if I wanted to get my gay essayist on.

Posted by: Sam | Aug 11, 2012 1:57:56 AM

5. Met him a few times and always had such a crush on him...great guy.

Posted by: Richard | Aug 11, 2012 10:27:56 AM

6. David Rakoff may have been a lovely man, but where does this mean, inconsequential, Canuck dyke lady get off taking gratuitous potshots at Omaha?

Omaha is on lots of top ten lists, thank you very much!

We don't intend to take this slur passed out. I mean, lying down.

Posted by: EnzoInOmaha | Aug 11, 2012 12:26:04 PM

7. Enzoinomaha: U need to chill & take a joke. Elvira Kurt is a comedian. Also, was it necessary to call her a dyke cuz u took offence? I assumed you're gay right?

Posted by: Scar2 | Aug 13, 2012 1:49:34 AM