Elton John | Madonna | News

BigGayDeal.com

Elton John Declares Madonna's Career Over: 'It Couldn't Happen to a Bigger C*nt' — VIDEO

Elton_john

Elton John went after Madonna in an interview with Australian music journalist Molly Meldrum during which he also talked about his own career, and his 19-month-old son Zachary:

"Fate took a big hand in my life."

Lady Gaga, of course, is the boy's godmother, and Elton took the opportunity to offer his opinion on some of her pop music peers, including Madonna, about whom he didn't mince words.

"Her career's over. Her tour's been a disaster. And it couldn't happen to a bigger c*nt."

He added:

“If Madonna had any common sense she would have made a record like Ray Of Light and stayed away from the dance stuff and just been a great pop singer and make great pop records, which she does brilliantly. But no, she had to prove that she was like...and she looks like a f*cking fairground stripper. She's been so horrible to Gaga.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. pot meet kettle, your career is also over.

Posted by: johnosahon | Aug 6, 2012 1:41:45 PM

2. He's right.

Posted by: ty | Aug 6, 2012 1:42:38 PM

3. I wouldn't have agreed before but after seeing Madonna's behaviour this year towards her fans and Gaga, I think dear old Elton has hit the nail on the head.

Posted by: Paul | Aug 6, 2012 1:47:34 PM

4. Mark C. - thanks for that. I never caught the double meaning of 'see you next Tuesday'.
    And Paulie - too funny. "These quotes were fabricated!" We have it on video. "That was off the record!"

How vigorously would someone have to piss in your cornflakes before you'd go off on someone on camera like this? Couldn't he just have sent her some hydrangeas?

Posted by: Robert | Aug 6, 2012 1:59:56 PM

5. Elton is such a moron. His 15 minutes ended when he stopped being able to pronounce any of the words in his songs.

Posted by: Randy | Aug 6, 2012 2:26:14 PM

6. Those comments had to be "off the record." Too nasty and bitter-sounding. But, the fairground stripper comparison is pretty funny and right on target.

Posted by: Joe in CT | Aug 6, 2012 2:27:18 PM

7. Madonna attracts what she puts out.

Posted by: s | Aug 6, 2012 2:41:25 PM

8. Elton has grown into a bitter, old queen. He talks and acts like a house fell on his sister.

Posted by: M. Scott Hernandez | Aug 6, 2012 2:42:16 PM

9. She is a c()nt. She treats her fans like sh1t, rips them off by charging hundreds of dollars for a show that is only an hour and 40 minutes full of sh1tty new songs nobody cares about, doesn't even say thank you or goodnight at the end of most shows and acts like she's better than everyone else. She's not a likeable person at all.

Posted by: C()nt | Aug 6, 2012 2:51:56 PM

10. I disagree with Elton about the dance music. Confessions on a Dance Floor is great and one of her best albums. The last two albums have sucked though and do come off a bit as if she is trying really hard to stay relevant.

Madonna could be a bit more appreciative of her fans. Everytime I hear about her shows, I always think "Kylie would never do that!"

And Elton is the definition of bitter jaded queen. Perhaps it's because the media only reports the mean things he says, but I rarely hear him say a kind word about anyone.

Posted by: John | Aug 6, 2012 3:04:35 PM

11. Must suck to lose awards to someone who's washed up, then only make headlines when you mention their name.

I have so much respect for Elton's '70s records, but the guy has got to stop.

And people need to stop calling this a "feud." It isn't. He badmouths her, she sends him chocolates. He's just being nasty, and she's actually handled it very well. What does that say about the character of each?

Posted by: JD | Aug 6, 2012 3:06:14 PM

12. oh dear. public slanging match. how very dignified. well, actually, its one sided mud slinging from EJ; I doubt madge will be drawn to comment.......

Posted by: atheist | Aug 6, 2012 3:11:08 PM

13. They said the same thing about Roger Federer.

Then he won Wimbledon, regained the wold's top ranking and smashed the record of most weeks as number one.

So yeah.

Posted by: Nirgal | Aug 6, 2012 3:21:54 PM

14. isnt he literally a wedding singer for tbe right wing?

Posted by: mld | Aug 6, 2012 3:29:56 PM

15. I agree with him. Her career is over because she can't sing and has to keep doing the sex stuff, attention seeking behavior. No wonder she's trying to become a "director" and failing at that as well.

Posted by: Molc | Aug 6, 2012 4:01:12 PM

16. They call it freedom of speech, something the antigay Christians are trying to stop and suppress, like they try to suppress and stop LGBT people from being free.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 6, 2012 4:22:41 PM

17. I couldn't agree more with Sir Elton.

To the man who said, "I really don't get his bitterness. It's unprofessional, and petulant," I say this. Maybe Elton John is sucessful enough that he can be a little more honest than most of us can afford to be.

Is Madonna a C--t? From the very beginning of her career, she has sought publicity by dissing relgion. Summoned personally by the Pope, she made a big show of saying, "If the Pope wants to see me, let him buy a ticket!" She later said that Judaism (the thought of becoming a Jew) "made her sick."

Sir Elton John is a leading member of the Matthew Shepard Foundation. Remember Matthew Shepard? He was an altarboy. He was a practicing Christian and probably was just as displeased by Madonna as Sir Elton is, and as I am.

Just because someone is gay, does not mean that he is "infinitely Left Wing."

Posted by: Ernst Röhm's Ghost | Aug 6, 2012 4:25:03 PM

18. Look kids, this is what happens when auntie Elton forgets to take her meds. She needs to just check herself into the nearest retirement home asap.

At least Madonna continues to experiment and try new things.

Posted by: dh | Aug 6, 2012 4:45:19 PM

19. How disappointing that Elton is in such bad shape. He can barely walk by himself in the beginning of this video.

I hope William Shatner lives long enough to play Elton John in a movie!!

Posted by: Guy | Aug 6, 2012 4:56:05 PM

20. You are all missing the point! Sir Elton should take the third and final seat on AI!

Posted by: Anthony Veneziano | Aug 6, 2012 6:10:00 PM

21. LOL. Fairground Stripper would make a great name for a band!

Posted by: Chicklets | Aug 6, 2012 8:10:19 PM

22. I'm not a Madonna fan and I am definitely NOT an Elton John fan (emphasis only because I love 70's rock and Elton John's early music to me is so false and pseudo-bohemian.) As a fairly neutral observer, I'd say Madonna is winning this war. Now, it may be the case that she is a pro at provoking behind the scenes and then acting aloof publicly. I don't know. All I know is what is being aired publicly, and in that arena, Madonna wins hands down.

Karl Lagerfeld and Elton John just need to enjoy their success and shut up. Because picking fights with people who don't really care about you isn't a good look.

Posted by: Miguel R | Aug 6, 2012 8:45:19 PM

23. I stopped caring when he sung at Limblob's wedding.

Posted by: Daws | Aug 6, 2012 9:25:52 PM

24. "But no, she had to prove that she was *slight*"

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 6, 2012 9:55:20 PM

25. "But no, she had to prove that she was *slight*"

Posted by: Tyler | Aug 6, 2012 9:55:22 PM