Family Research Council | News

Family Research Council Shooter ID'ed as Floyd Corkins: PHOTO

Corkins

The shooter at the Family Research Council headquarters has been identified as Flord Corkins, 28, of Herndon, Virginia.

TPM reports:

As of late Wednesday afternoon, officials with the FBI, the Metropolitan Police Department and the Family Research Council would not confirm the reports that the suspect expressed his displeasure with the FRC’s opposition to gay marriage. Law enforcement officials said the matter was still under investigation and it was too early to speak to the individual’s motivation.

The incident could be handled as an incident of domestic terrorism depending on the suspect’s motivations, an FBI spokeswoman told reporters on the scene.

NBC and ABC7 identified him as 28-year-old Floyd Corkins of Virginia. Fox News obtained photos of the man, apparently taken by a witness, that show the suspect in handcuffs and his bloody shirt fully unbuttoned.

Watch FOX5's report, AFTER THE JUMP...

Earlier...
FRC Shooter Reportedly Carried Chick-fil-A Promotional Materials [tlrd]
Security Guard Shot at Family Research Council HQ in Washington D.C.: VIDEO [tlrd]
23 LGBT Groups Issue Statement on Family Research Council Shooting [tlrd]

Video may take a few seconds to load...

DC Breaking Local News Weather Sports FOX 5 WTTG

Comments

1. I am NOT an effeminate man, you simpering limp-wristed sissies.

I'm a real tough man. So tough that I could take a good five or six direct punches to the face before I finally relented and sucked my dad's d**k.

And he made me do it in blackface drag. Which was the part I hated. The fellatio was great, but I hated having to dress like a black girl while I did it.

But still, I did it and that makes me tough.

Also, I use bricks for dildos.

Posted by: Rick | Aug 15, 2012 7:15:11 PM

2. No, you have trouble writing the correct point you are trying to make. Your post reads like you are serious in what you are saying. It did not come across as a joke.

Posted by: WHAT? | Aug 15, 2012 7:19:57 PM

3. Wow, the avatar thing has really caught on. WOW.

Anyway, just don't get confused folks. If these bigots can use ONE attack against "them" to justify their claim to persecution doesn't that mean we can finally play the "numbers game" they've been avoiding for eons?

seriously.

yes, the bigots will try to spin this. but they'll still be as full of s**t after this incident as they were before.

Posted by: LittleKiwi | Aug 15, 2012 7:20:33 PM

4. That last post was for ENDO!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: WHAT? | Aug 15, 2012 7:21:19 PM

5. When fascism comes to America it will be carrying a pink swastika wrapped in a rainbow flag. AND IT HAS. Defeat homo-fascism, support FRC, AFA, ACLJ, ADF, TMLC. And Eat Mor Chikn!

Posted by: homonomore | Aug 15, 2012 8:31:58 PM

6. Homonomore,

If that's the case, then this is our Beer Hall Putsch. Heil homo!

Posted by: Attmay | Aug 15, 2012 8:55:10 PM

7. Why is the "fair and balanced" Fox footage always so prominently show all the time?

Posted by: Joseph Singer | Aug 15, 2012 8:57:30 PM

8. Lookie what I found:

Posted by: Attmay | Aug 15, 2012 9:03:21 PM

9. Of course all gay men are pretty, skinny and metrosexual, so something is wrong with this picture.

*sarcasm off*

Posted by: ratbastard | Aug 15, 2012 9:08:15 PM

10. It's like the tranny kickin' the white boy's ass in the subway station.

She was wrong, but you know he had it comin'. And you probably wouldn't have stepped in.

Posted by: Brian Brown's Worst Nightmare | Aug 16, 2012 1:44:32 AM

11. It's not funny, and it doesn't prove anything, much less it was provoked.

Posted by: "The Gay" | Aug 16, 2012 2:09:28 AM

12. I blame the Chik Fil A promotional materials...

Posted by: Buckie | Aug 16, 2012 2:24:34 AM

13. I think that Floyd Corkins is very sexy and good looking. I hope he only gets probation.

Posted by: Nelson | Aug 16, 2012 7:00:41 AM

14. thanks shooter, for setting back the movement...maybe a month(progress is good at the moment)

and ignore rick, he wishes he were born a svelte woman, its obvious how hard he has to try to be a 'man', evident by the constant attempts to knock down sissies in order to masculinize himself.

Posted by: mld | Aug 16, 2012 7:34:33 AM

15. Can we please retire the "violence is wrong" line and look at it for what it is? Violence is not always wrong; only violence for its own sake is wrong. We gays need to look at world history, particularly the history of the Jews in Nazi Germany. The Nazis started by banning marriage, too. And they didn't stop with it either. If, as is so often accused on this and other gay blogs, the opponents of gay marriage are morally equivalent of Nazis, shouldn't we react the same way? I'll be glad if we don't have to, but if we do, we can ill-afford to be ill-prepared.

The Nazis believed in violence for violence's sake. So do our opponents. How else can we stop the violence against us? We're protected by federal hate crimes laws, but they are seldom used. We preach pacifism, but it fails to sway those who attack us. They accuse us of the worst crimes against humanity, and every time a gay man has a moral failing, he or she is held up as an example by then.

Let me clarify my position. I'm sorry the Security Guard got shot. There's no reason to assume he was as bad as they do. If I did believe he should be punished, I wouldn't ask for more than a misdemeanor.

But the Religious Wrong is going to be calling for Corkins' head. They're going to want the government to treat him as a terrorist.

Posted by: Attmay | Aug 16, 2012 1:41:23 PM

16. Nobody could think that this helps the acceptance of Gay people. This guy is obviously deranged. Questions have been raised about the background check to buy a gun not picking up valid diagnoses of being a nut.

Posted by: Sam Molloy | Aug 17, 2012 2:35:01 AM