2012 Election | Barack Obama | GOProud | Jimmy LaSalvia | Mitt Romney

BigGayDeal.com

GOProud's LaSalvia Says Romney Will Bring Gays Jobs, Dates: VIDEO

Lasaviaromney

It's clear by now that marriage equality is not high on GOProud leader Jimmy LaSalvia's list of political priorities. LaSalvia said in Junes that liberals and Democrats talk about the issue because it's a welcome "distraction" from more bread and butter concerns.

CNN's Piers Morgan wanted more explanation, though, and asked LaSalvia, "How can you really support a ticket which is so resolutely opposed not just to gay marriage but to most gay rights?: In response, LaSalvia offered this:

Here's the deal… The answer is you gotta have a date before you get married. Everyone knows you can't get a date without a job. … Gay Americans are living in the Obama economy and that's the reality that all voters are facing when they go into the voting booth.

Odd, I know unemployed people who go on dates. They're not fancy dates, but they are dates.

Watch video of LaSalvia's remarks AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Some of you try to to reason with these gay Repubs
    You don't understand is they're a bunch of Lady Macbeths who are trying to wash that blood off their hands..... the stain of being a pitiful queer.
    They will never make themselves whiter by kissing the asses of the oppressors

Posted by: Bob | Aug 30, 2012 2:46:50 PM

2. Hey Peirce - tell that Jerkoff he can go eat John McCains Old ass, and have Newt for desert......he's a traitor to the gay community..the GOP can have'm!!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Aug 30, 2012 2:48:13 PM

3. Oddly enough, My partner and I met when we were both unemployed. We spent our first month together searching for work. We've been together 5 years, and getting married in 37 days. So.. I didn't need a job to get a date. Though, if we had jobs, our dates probably wouldn't have included sharing a pot pie while watching basic cable. lol

Posted by: Jimi | Aug 30, 2012 2:51:45 PM

4. Who would want to date this spray-tanned self hater?

Isn't it about time for him to fake another attack?

Posted by: jht | Aug 30, 2012 2:57:25 PM

5. Seriously? This is his argument for voting for Romney is that "it'll get you dates"?

Is GOProud run by horny 13 year old girls or something?

I'll vote for someone because they'll fix the economy, keep us safe and make laws to have me and my fellow homosexuals treated like human beings, not because it might get me dates.

Posted by: FuryOfFirestorm | Aug 30, 2012 3:24:49 PM

6. If anything, I'll bet he's getting fewer dates being associated with such a foul, repellent group.

Posted by: Gregoire | Aug 30, 2012 3:30:54 PM

7. The scariest thing about gay Republicans is that they must really believe in all this supply side economics crap.

Posted by: JD | Aug 30, 2012 3:31:59 PM

8. I'm sure lots of rich folk need gay male butlers and lesbian chefs.

Posted by: qj201 | Aug 30, 2012 3:36:34 PM

9. There's a big surprise, a conservative republican who values money over love.

Posted by: David R. | Aug 30, 2012 4:24:07 PM

10. Being gay doesn't exclude being selfish, racist and bigot (even on gays topics).

Posted by: lukebrux | Aug 30, 2012 4:25:29 PM

11. This Jimmy guy is creepy looking. Lay off the tanning gurl.

Posted by: Ugly | Aug 30, 2012 6:37:54 PM

12. Wow, I didn't realize this guy is only 41! Yikes, he looks like he's pushing 50.

Posted by: Ugly | Aug 30, 2012 6:43:30 PM

13. Well, now. Maybe he is on to something. I mean, I haven't had a date since Obama took office. Come to think of it - I haven't had one since before Bushies second term.....

Are we supposed to look for one?? Or if Romney wins maybe I'll just get one assigned to me. Please let it not be some Romney-MetroSexual.

Posted by: Mark | Aug 30, 2012 7:36:13 PM

14. I must admit that I don't understand the opinions of these young GOproud republicans. As a life long democrat, I will do what I can to defeat their republican ticket. At the same time, I abhor the vulgar and intemporate remarks about them by Little Kiwi and other mean spirited posters of his ilk.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 30, 2012 8:51:15 PM

15. I really REALLY want to hear them condemn the countless GAY LIBERALS who came before them and paved the way for them to show their face on tv openly- and talk to gay people in the middle to lower income classes- who dont get to choose between jobs- they take the ones they can get, and when they're fired by right-wing bigots- and yes, 2 of my friends have been- who push the party to the right- and that party wins because of these FAUX GAY RIGHTS people- UGHGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Sadomasochists every one of them.

Posted by: scott | Aug 30, 2012 11:31:05 PM

16. They're not a gay rights group. Log Cabins maybe, but not GOProud.

They haven't done ONE THING for gay rights.

Posted by: scott | Aug 30, 2012 11:32:39 PM

17. It never ceases to amaze me how people can vote against their self- interests

Posted by: smh | Aug 31, 2012 4:49:47 AM