Comments

1. EchtKultig says

Good for them, but, I wonder if children are served as well by ANY family unit so large – whether it be Mormons, liberals, biological, or adopted – as they are by a smaller one. I know from my nieces and nephews that having one-on-one time with each parent is very important to them.

2. says

I think the security of having a forever family is more important than the number of kids. (And my husband and I only adopted one.)

Congrats to this large, loving, forever family! And THANK YOU to Ms. Krebs. “The world is not always about time and money.”

3. Luke says

@ECHTKULTIG, I come from a very large family; I am the youngest of 13 biological siblings and have 50 nieces and nephews.. I can tell you from experience that I was not starved for love or affection when I a kid, nor am I now as an adult. In fact, I feel extremely lucky to have so many family members loving me unconditionally.

4. Mary says

YES! Just what’s needed – both for these kids being adopted and for the gay community’s public image. This is one of the few times I can comment on a Towleroad story and have nothing but positive things to say! The more families like this receive attention, the better. This sure beats boycotts and legal threats. Family values in action!

5. Mary says

6. SFRowGuy says

@EchtKultig: Like any large family, the older kids tend to help in looking after the younger kids — brushing teeth, putting to bed, helping study, etc. That was the way with myself, my sisters and cousins. We all lived close by when I was young, so I often got baby-sat by one of my older cousins. I’ll agree, I can’t imagine that many brothers and sisters all in the same house, but with my sisters and cousins, there were 12 of us too.

7. Jenny says

As a committed christian I have always believed gay adoption to be wrong. That children needed to be brought up in a family where there was a mum AND a dad.

After seeing this video my thoughts are this…

Until christians are prepared to get off their butts and start offering homes to kids who are rotting away in the state system…until christians are prepared to adopt and foster kids without parents, we dont have the right to open our mouths about gay couples who do.

What a great, big, happy household.