Chick-fil-A | Maryland | News

Maryland Chick-fil-A Vandalized with Pro-Equality Stickers

A Frederick, Maryland Chick-fil-A has been hit with vandalism, the Frederick News Post reports:

ChickfilaThe Frederick County Sheriff's Office responded to the restaurant, at 5501 Urbana Pike, early Sunday morning after the store reported destruction of property. Cpl. Gregory Santangelo said the items glued to the store's windows included marriage equality stickers and an image with the American and gay pride flags combined. There were also several homemade signs, he said.

The store hired a cleaner to remove the items early in the day, Santangelo said. Physical evidence and video surveillance of the suspect were collected at the scene, according to police.

Josh Levin, campaign director of Marylanders for Marriage Equality, spoke out against the vandalism:

“We abhor any vandalism or disrespect in this campaign,” he said in a post on the campaign’s Facebook page. “[We] remain focused on supporting all Maryland families and sending the message that gay and lesbian couples should be treated fairly under the law. We encourage our supporters to have conversations with folks they know who may be undecided on the issue. That’s how we win.”

Comments

1. If only the perp turns out to be right-wingers trying to prolong this silly fracas, which was undoubtedly more useful for energizing the Republican base than helping any moderates support gay marriage.
    Please, gay community and ambulance chasing mayors: STFU about Chick-Fil-A and their bigoted POS CEO. He'll be dead in 10 years of clogged arteries, ok?

Posted by: EchtKultig | Aug 13, 2012 2:59:29 PM

2. EchtKultig I agree 100% - STFU about CFA already - they've gotten enough FREE publicity

Posted by: Disgusted American | Aug 13, 2012 3:07:49 PM

3. I agree. I think the right wing nuts did this to make gays look bad. They are truly pathetic and transparent.

Posted by: Icebloo | Aug 13, 2012 4:52:03 PM

4. I agree with the others. Good luck Maryland.

Posted by: ernstroehm's ghost | Aug 13, 2012 6:40:20 PM

5. how stupid!!!!!!! If a gay person or supporter did do this- SHAME ON YOU!!!!! you've just made the fight all that much harder- thanks a lot jerks.

Pay attention to Ganhi, MLK,Jr.- these are the real heroes!

Posted by: scott | Aug 13, 2012 7:15:58 PM

6. I can see the reason for outrage over such vandalism, but not only I am open to the possibility that a provocateur being behind it to make MD4ME look bad, but also I find kinda odd that there are no pictures showing the vandalism. If police collected evidence, why won't the pictures be published?

Posted by: MNMs | Aug 13, 2012 7:17:14 PM

7. This is literally right up the street from me.

Posted by: Jason 2 | Aug 13, 2012 8:01:12 PM

8. Gee, what can I do to get some sympathy for the very unsympathetic Cathy family? I know, I will vandalize one of their chicken joints. A$$HOLES.

Posted by: andrew | Aug 13, 2012 9:21:05 PM

9. I disagree with the comments condemning a few equality stickers, or a little graffiti. Some of you would probably have said the same thing about the Act Up folks 20 years ago.

Posted by: Dearcomrade | Aug 13, 2012 10:25:13 PM

10. such infantile antics are doing us an enormous amount of damage in the court of public opinion.

Posted by: el polacko | Aug 13, 2012 11:10:24 PM

11. @Dearcomrade: Is it OK for some bible believing Christians to post some anti gay stickers or a little anti-gay graffiti on gay folks property?

Posted by: andrew | Aug 13, 2012 11:32:24 PM

12. You want to promote a christian-fascist agenda against my and millions of others civil rights, I'll applaud whatever ill fortune befalls you or your franchises. Public opinion be damned.

Posted by: Dearcomrade | Aug 14, 2012 1:28:52 AM

13. The work of Antigay Christians who have been trained in the use of black propaganda, to make gays look bad. These antigay Christians who have been trained in psychological warfare have been infiltrating gay groups everywhere to spy on them and disrupt them any way they can.

Posted by: Mike | Aug 14, 2012 12:22:06 PM