Charlie Rogers | Nebraska | News

Nebraska Woman Who Said She Was Attacked, Cut at Home to Be Charged with Faking Anti-Gay Hate Crime

Charlie Rogers, a Lincoln, Nebraska woman who said late last month that three men broke into her home, tied her up, carved 'dyke' into her stomach and the tried to set her home ablaze will be charged with fabricating the attack, NBC News reports:

RogersPolice said they interviewed Rogers on four separate occasions. Now, police said, because of inconsistences in her various accounts of the attack and forensic DNA evidence, a warrant has been issued for her arrest.

There was no apparent struggle in the room where Rogers said she was attacked on her bed, the warrant for her arrest says, which also described the bedspread as appearing “neat” and “evenly placed on the bed.”

“There was no apparent blood on the bedspread; even though Ms. Rogers reported she was rolled on to her stomach after she had been cut on her arms, abdomen, chest and front legs while being held down.”

Forensic tests of Rogers’ bedding at the University of Nebraska Medical Center found no traces of blood.

Additionally, the FBI sent photos of the cuts on Rogers to a coroner’s physician for Lancaster County, who consulted with Dr. Michelle Elieff, a forensic pathologist. According to the warrant, Elieff said Rogers’ cuts appeared to be self-inflicted.

Other evidence did not hold up either. Police are expected to arrest Rogers today.

Said Rogers in an interview shortly after the alleged attack, which prompted vigils which hundreds of people attended:

"The idea that people think it's a lie is so hurtful. It's understandable. Intellectually I understand that people have a hard time wrapping their heads around what happened. So do I. But I'm a person, with feelings, with concerns. It's just so...it feels like a punch in the stomach. Like a betrayal, instead of the focus being on safety, healing...I'm not a pawn in a game. I'm a person."

UPDATE: Rogers has been arrested.

Charlie Rogers was arrested after meeting with investigators Tuesday afternoon. The Omaha World-Herald reports Rogers appeared in court Tuesday and pleaded not guilty to the charge of false reporting. Her attorney, Brett McArthur, told the paper “To go through such a tramatic (sic) experience as she has been through and now be accused of a crime has made this even more difficult.”

Comments

1. Gay/lesbian activities are comparable to drug junkyism and transexuals are worse than the homos. BTW, Dawson I have stood up to Drs. who are apologists for sex change maimings.

Also I once stood up to a psychologist. What happened was I was in a library in 2006 discussing Jon Benet Ramsey case where a transexual was accused of her killing. I said that it should be a crime to do sex changes but the stranger who I argued with told me he was a psychologist & an apologist for it. He said that he would report me to library staff if I continued arguing. Well in January 2007, that therapist who was in the library left his desk & I got his computer ID. I called library to anonymously report he committed indecent exposure & that psychologist was expelled from that library as I never saw him again in that library because of my anonymous call. So I defended my ground.

Posted by: snowisfun | Aug 22, 2012 4:29:28 PM

2. Yup, she's a disgrace to the whole LGBT community and I talked about it at length on my radio show. Every LGBT activist should tune in and hear the extent to which this woman committed her crime. At least this homosexual blog had the guts to post about this, which is odd since most of the other ones didn't. http://www.blogtalkradio.com/acmedia/2012/08/22/lesbian-charlie-rogers-fake-hate-crime-victim-arrested - When you hear what she did to her elderly neighbor, if that doesn't disgust you, I'm not sure what will. Enjoy the show.

Posted by: Stacy Harp | Aug 23, 2012 12:56:31 AM

3. Stacy, you are a sad sack troll & you have no right to declare who is or who isn't a disgrace to the "whole LGBT community". Please pimp your xtian BS elsewhere. "Christian" jerks like you are waging a WAR on LGBT folk & then turn around and claim you are the victim. No one here is buying it. When you have the "guts" to admit that your world view is based on the denial of science and groveling at the feet of an evil and indifferent IMAGINARY entity while deluding yourself into thinking "he" is the epitomy of "perfect" and "loving", then we can talk. Until then, YOU ARE LITTERALY NO BETTER A PERSON AND NO LESS A FRAUD than this this woman. She at least is likely mentally ill. Your only excuse is "stupid".

Posted by: Hmmmmm... | Aug 23, 2012 3:59:09 AM

4. Sad. So sad. It's understandable that those who reject God's absolute standard of right and wrong can justify resorting to lying if they feel the end (achieving acceptance of their sin) justifies the means (lying & deceiving people). God will forgive you. Please repent and confess your sins. He will forgive you because Yeshua (Jesus) died in our place to pay the price for our sins. Our penalty is already paid. All we have to do is call on Him and accept His pardon.
    The free gift of eternal life is ours. Please don't opt for eternal punishment because Hell was NOT created for us, but for the Devil and his angels.
    Google How can I have God's forgiveness and his free gift of eternal life?
    God Bless You.

Posted by: Patrick Henry | Aug 23, 2012 8:47:16 PM

5. How cruel to quickly accuse this young lady of mental illness. She felt it was OK to lie because she thought it for the better good.
    God forgives only because we're not worthy. We cannot earn His forgiveness.
    It's probably a secret to you, but God has provided a way for ALL of us to be forgiven.
    Many of us have accepted His forgiveness, made possible, because Yeshua (Jesus) has paid the penalty for ALL of us by His death on the cross. Please repent and believe before it is too late.
    God bless you all,.,
    Bill

Posted by: Patrick Henry | Aug 23, 2012 10:09:01 PM

6. Blah,blah,blah,blah. If beliving in made up nonsense helps you get through life, more power to you. But please, keep it to yourself, you're just embarassing yourself. What a load.

"God forgives only because we're not worthy. We cannot earn His forgiveness. It's probably a secret to you, but God has provided a way for ALL of us to be forgiven"

...an..an..an..and he diiieeed for our sins!!!! sniffle..sniffle..

What rubbish. You may be a horrible person that is in need of "forgiveness", but I've done nothing so wrong that the only way to put my mind at rest is to grovel at the feet of imaginary monsters. Please, grow a spine and some brains before its too late. The longer you believe, the more permanent that personality defect becomes.

Oh, and "God's absolute standard of right and wrong"!?!?! What a laugh. So, was it right or wrong when your god killed the innocent children of Pharoh? Was it right or wrong when your god commanded the killing of the Cannanites? And please, do tell how the destruction of an entire planet with the exception of "Noah" and his spawn can even remotely be jugded as "right" by anyone other than the functinoally retarded or a complete psycopath? Was it be..be..because he just knew that thousands of years later he would magically appear as a baby in the womb of a virgin and then commit temporary scuicide by making the Romans kill himself knowing full well that he would just revive himself later, all to save...save...save us from our ev...ev...evil selves....sniffle...sniffle...? Go proselytize your absurdities somewhere else. How about Saudi Arabia, they sure could use some jesus now couldn't they.

An..an..guh..guh..god bless you too!

Posted by: Hmmmmm... | Aug 24, 2012 12:11:36 AM

7. Oh, and Bill... those who embrase "God's absolute standard of right and wrong" NEVER justify resorting to lying if they feel the end justifies the means, now do they? I can provide a list if needed.

But I guess it was just demonic possession or satan that made them do it righ? Or maybe the classic Xtian get out of jail free card: "but..but..they were not TRRRUUUEEE Christains".

Posted by: Hmmmmm... | Aug 24, 2012 12:27:46 AM