2012 Election | Jersey Shore | News | Snooki

BigGayDeal.com

New 'Funny Or Die' Clip Has 'Jersey Shore' Cast Getting Down With Political Theory: VIDEO

JerseyShoreGTV

While we're on the subject of young Americans, the cast of MTV's Jersey Shore, cultural icons for some of the more youthful set, threw their weight behind the voting booth in a new Funny or Die video encouraging Millenials to turn out come November.

There's enough Duverger's law, game theory logic and political bickering in here to fill a hot tub, whatever that means, but the video is actually pretty funny. Check it out AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. God is dead.

Posted by: Sue | Aug 9, 2012 9:24:07 AM

2. hey, if it helps get out the vote, i'm all for it,

Posted by: bandanajack | Aug 9, 2012 9:29:27 AM

3. Jersey Shore is a homophobic show. MTV promotes homophobia through many different shows.

Posted by: jason | Aug 9, 2012 9:48:31 AM

4. Got through 26 seconds of it, but then again I'm not their target.

Posted by: DrJWL | Aug 9, 2012 10:38:29 AM

5. I bet they have never voted, unless a voting booth was installed in a sleazy bar. In which case, the guys probably thought it was a bathroom and used the voting machine as a urinal.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Aug 9, 2012 10:41:38 AM

6. I give them credit for willingly lampooning their image as the living id.

I suppose with Snooki and Mike both newly sober, it's time to make a play for image enhancement and anything that gets youths voting is a mitzvah. So kudos to MTV's Rock-the-Vote for getting them to replace their usual self-defacating behavior with some self-deprecating humor. It's particularly outside-the-box thinking to have this bunch deliver Aaron Sorkin dialogue! (and Snooki reading Mother Jones!)

Posted by: MFinBH | Aug 9, 2012 12:17:19 PM

7. Now I understand why they usually film them drunk in vapid pursuits...

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Aug 9, 2012 2:46:11 PM

8. I watched 30 seconds and that was enough for me. Isn't this Jersey Shore craze over?

Posted by: No Thanks | Aug 9, 2012 5:49:50 PM

9. I only watched that show a couple of times a few years ago and until now didn't realize that Snooki is an Italian version of Roseann Barr. Two really classy women. LOL

Posted by: andrew | Aug 9, 2012 5:58:15 PM

10. I think you under estimate this group ... I really think what you see on their show in an act, plain and simple. Don't forget they negotiated quite a bit of coin for their show and beyond, a few of them have made quite a fortune ... PaulyD is a world renowned DJ. and Mike is a millionaire in his own right, and Snookie and JWOW are still on and have produced their own spinoff, plus they are all coming back for the next season of Jersey Shore. Yes, they are part of a group that feels "entitled" and they don't really work that hard, but they have made it, so you gotta give them credit!! and I don't think MTV is a homophobic station, considering some of their executives are gay and they are behind the LOGO network, but not every show has to appeal to Gays, so appeal of Guidos.

Posted by: tommyboy10T | Aug 10, 2012 7:47:10 AM

11. After watching that, I want to die. That wasn't funny at all.

Posted by: Garst | Aug 11, 2012 4:04:03 PM