Gay Slurs | News | Virginia

BigGayDeal.com

Virginia Auto Repair Shop Stands up for Bullied Gay Teen, Restores, Improves His Slur-Laden Car: VIDEO

Addison

Here's a Roanoke, Virginia business worth applauding.

WTVR reports:

Jordan Addison told WDBJ-TV that his car was vandalized four times between March and May of this year and that someone even keyed “die” into the side of the vehicle because he is gay.

Addison said the lowest estimate he received to fix the car was $2,500, but that he just couldn’t afford to repair it. Some Roanoke businesses heard what happened and pitched in to fix the damage for free.

“Once I saw the vandalism that was done to it I said that’s uncalled for we’re gonna fix your car that’s the least we can do,” said Quality Auto Paint and Body’s Richard Henegar Jr.

The auto body shop repainted the car and even added in $10,000 worth of extras for Addison.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Video may take a few moments to load...

Comments

1. This is my town and I personally know Richard. He is a good man.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Aug 21, 2012 2:14:30 PM

2. Terrific, I am tearing up at work. Good story all around.

Posted by: WayneMPLS | Aug 21, 2012 2:17:28 PM

3. If only the rest of the South could be like Richard...

Posted by: Anthony | Aug 21, 2012 2:19:43 PM

4. Great story - good for then

Posted by: kevin | Aug 21, 2012 2:21:52 PM

5. Amazing. And if more people were giving and charitable, this world would not have nearly as many haters and evil people in it.

Posted by: johnny | Aug 21, 2012 2:26:25 PM

6. Wow. Just wow.

Posted by: acorlando | Aug 21, 2012 2:27:35 PM

7. Wonderful! I'd like to know the names of the other people and businesses that made this possible; they deserve recognition.

Posted by: Alexis | Aug 21, 2012 2:32:39 PM

8. @ Alexis:

Parts Unlimited in Vinton, Advance Auto Parts, Moon's Auto Body, Rice Toyota, Val's Automotive in Vinton, The Rod Shop, B&C Exterminating, Twists & Turns, AJ's Landscaping, and Sunnybrook Auto Spa.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Aug 21, 2012 2:33:53 PM

9. I am telling all my friends in the area to please use this business whenever they can. Way to go.

Posted by: Jayson | Aug 21, 2012 2:33:57 PM

10. I was raised in Roanoke but have lived in CA for 20 years. It's a great city with great people but had I been out and proud I suspect my experience would have been very different. I had to come to CA to find my community. Nice to see Roanoke is on it's way..... gay people should not feel it necessary to leave the places they love to find acceptance.

Posted by: James | Aug 21, 2012 2:34:17 PM

11. This does help restore one's faith in human goodness.

Posted by: Jay | Aug 21, 2012 2:35:11 PM

12. Here's their website link to send them a note of thanks:

Posted by: Bill | Aug 21, 2012 2:35:38 PM

13. Holy crap. That is the coolest thing I've seen in a very very long time.

Posted by: Will Parkinson | Aug 21, 2012 2:37:37 PM

14. havent watched the vid but i wonder if there is a plan for leaving the car in places where this just wont happen all over again?

Posted by: mayhem | Aug 21, 2012 2:43:54 PM

15. How totally cool. I hope they get a ton of business and publicity out of this. (Yo, gays in Virginia and the D.C. area, give these guys some love and support!)

Posted by: Dback | Aug 21, 2012 2:47:44 PM

16. I plan on letting Reddit know about this, if they don't already. Something should be done to recognize these people for what they have done.

Posted by: AJ | Aug 21, 2012 2:52:46 PM

17. @DBack...wrong part of VA, we are in the SW corner, but here's the website for the shop:

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Aug 21, 2012 2:57:15 PM

18. Just great! This is how we create World Peace. One incredible story at a time.

Posted by: TOM ELLIS | Aug 21, 2012 2:58:16 PM

19. Thank you all so much for your support! We never thought it would gain this kind of attention but we're stoked to see it doing so well!

Spread the word! Pay it forward!

We're thinking of making overhauling a deserving person's car an annual charity so stay tuned in years to come ;)

Posted by: Richard Jr | Aug 21, 2012 2:59:01 PM

20. This brought tears to my eyes and an e-mail to the business. If only there were more people like this....

Posted by: John Simpson | Aug 21, 2012 3:00:15 PM

21. Thanks for the contact link @BILL. Just sent a note of thanks for providing a positive news story for the day and one that left tears in my eyes.

That link again everyone is http://qualityautopaintandbody.com/email-us/

Lets show them we support their humane treatment of a fellow human :)

Posted by: Opinionated | Aug 21, 2012 3:03:51 PM

22. Pimp My Ride! Sweet story.. congrats Richard on your well-deserved attention!

Posted by: graphicjack | Aug 21, 2012 3:08:44 PM

23. Wow. We need people like this to step up to all the hateful idiots in this country and tell them we won't stand for others being abused. Wonderful.

Posted by: Jack M | Aug 21, 2012 3:16:35 PM

24. There ARE good people in the world, you just have to look harder for them. This is truly the act of people who know what Christian love is, not made up biblical based hatred.

Posted by: I wont grow up | Aug 21, 2012 3:19:57 PM

25. SO nice to hear good news once in a while!

Posted by: diatribesandovations | Aug 21, 2012 3:33:20 PM